Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

As many of you may know already -- and if you don't it's okay because I'm about to enlighten you -- NCAA's dynasty mode is horribly broken this year.

Since EA Tiburon made the decision to rate recruits lower coming into school (but yet I guess forget to work on the progression of the game), most teams end up with middle of the road talent after years 4 or 5. It's like all of the football talent in America dries up after this year and all you are left with are a bunch of players rated in the 70s. I did a sim to see how bad it was and my Oklahoma Sooners went from a team with A ratings to a team with C+ ratings, yet they still won the Big XII in Year 7 with that kind of talent. Mostly because Texas had slipped to a team with C-s across the board. Baylor actually was rated as D+ (roughly where such powerhouses as UL Monroe and Western Kentucky lie today).

To me -- this just shows how horribly stale Dynasty mode is in NCAA.

Read More - NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Romeclone @ 07/28/10 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy sean
I just had the cpu miss an extra point attempt. Yea the game is broke. Im done until they fix it. EA.......... c'mon man. Fix this.
Yes it is. I just played a game in the year 2019 with Colorado D+ against Arizona St. D+ I lost 28-0

The highest rated players in the game were an 82 WR for State and a 74 reciever for CO.

First off let me say this was with SM's AA sliders and the only good news is that with drastic and I mean drastic slider changes you might be able to play a game in the future. There was nothing overly wonky like recievers being wide open or LB's running the wrong direction or anything. It played pretty much normal with the following major problems.

First off, just one small insight into the future is it looks like gloves are a trend of the past. Almost no skill position players work gloves. Just a small annoyance of mine as I'm an equipment ho.

Anyway with "normal" sliders the game is beyond unplayable for many reasons.

First off, my QB could not throw the ball at all. He was overthowing everything 5 even 10 yards over recievers. His final stats were 12-40 with 5 Interceptions.

Second, the only passes I was able to complete for the most part were short curls and screens. This is where the low skill ratings for the recievers stood out. They were soooo lethargic, it was like they were running in slow motion for a few yards and they had no effective skill moves as we already are aware of. As well as the kicker issues.

Here is a 25 yard miss right down the middle by the CPU.

My defenders were also lethargic and the CPU ran for 160 yards on me. They just could not get out of blocks and move fast enough to catch up with the RB on most plays.

One other thing that bothered me to no end, and I can't figure out why this was happening is the CPU was subbing in RB's and D linemen on the offensive line. I checked the depth chart and they had linemen as backups to come in but for some reason they did not make it in. It had these RB's comming in all the time to play o-line. For me that was it... I quit playing Madden last year for a similar reason. I think in Madden they had kickers playing on the o line and I just quit playing. Here is a screen of the Arizona St. line at one point in the game. Again, these players were not listed on the depth chart as OL. There were genuine Linemen that were there as backups. These guys would just show up out of nowhere.

But anyway, it's broken beyond belief in the future. The only hope, like I said would be to make drastic slider changes that would change the CPU kicking an my QB accuracy. But, I'm not about to go and tune the game on a game by game basis which is what you would need to do based on the opponent you are playing.

# 162 jmik58 @ 07/28/10 11:58 PM
I'm in year three and sitting at 5-0 right now. I should have lost to Georgia but their kicker missed three....THREE...field goals. Cheap.

# 163 dan_457 @ 07/29/10 12:03 AM
It doesn't, I left mine at vasity, and it's the same as AA and Heisman, only it's easier for the player.

# 164 anterrabae33 @ 07/29/10 12:43 AM
Ok, I'm new here and it's impossible to read this whole thread to see if this idea has come up but... this is my theory on why it's happening.

Ok, so I started dynasty with Rutgers and have made a couple recruits (of which I did not all commit )

Anyway, the idea of recruiting well comes to the fact that you should recruit players that have an interest in your school. This coupled with needs should be the basis for recruiting. Of course, there are guys you HAVE to try and go after. The problem I'm seeing is maybe the CPU controlled schools are only going after recruits with interest in them. Hell, I've done recruiting and without noticing have stocked up on certain positions while neglecting others.

From what my mind can boil up, the problems are
1)The CPU only goes after interested recruits (some of which are poached by user controlled schools and other CPU schools.) This can lead to only a certain amount of recruits for a large amount of teams.

2) The CPU doesn't properly know how to redshirt. (I somewhat neglect the process too and it leads to a large amount of players at certain positions leaving)

3) The kicking flaw actually seems very simple to me. The last year I recruited, there were only about 6 or 7 punters ( and about the same amount of kickers maybe a little more). None have ever been over 3 stars. Ok, so say all those guys commit to schools. Off the bat, even those guys aren't good. And that only solves the problem for about 10 schools out of a crap lot more. Those schools now have to use walk on players who SUCK. I had a walk on punter who started at 44. This theory could be added to other positions but most of the positions have at least 25+ players at worst.

4) CPU schools recruit too many athletes and put them in the positions they need regardless of how bad they are. That's self explanatory.

5) Once a team is low on a position, like others have said, they put players from different positions in to back them up.

# 165 dan_457 @ 07/29/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
OK OK... MAJOR ISSUE ... I HAVE A QB placed on my depth chart as the 4th option at HB !!! then...at FB i have backing my starter is a TE who is a backup TE and a RT ?? lol...Then at WR , guess whos my 4th WR ? lol...that same dam QB who was 4th at HB !!! TE i have both TE's but a MLB playing 3rd on depth...lol...

WOW...This one takes the cake...I have a ROLB play as my 3rd CB !!! lol...

Now we can see why players are acting stupid bcause there outta position... Also this affects backups be able to come in and gain PROGRESSION points because they never see the field....
This is a Major problem, luckily we can change our depth charts, but the CPU can't. This is a Massive issue, potentially one of the biggest problems there is.

# 166 anterrabae33 @ 07/29/10 01:07 AM
You think that's bad. My WR WAS my kicker and punter in my 3rd year. He was better than the two kickers and one punter on my team

# 167 ps2king @ 07/29/10 01:10 AM
Wow, reading this stuff makes it incredibly difficult to wait for a patch. I had no idea depth charts could get this bad.. IMO that's a gamekiller. I may trade this in while it still has value. I think I'll give EA another week or two before my copy heads back to the store.

# 168 andyacecandy @ 07/29/10 09:45 AM
Blah, this is annoying.... what year do you guys start seeing this... or when does it become noticeable?

I doubt I'll ever get to year 10 of my Dynasty... but maaaybe year 5 and if it sucks, then I'll have no motivation to move forward.

If there is a patch, will I have to restart my dynasty? Does EA even know about this? They'll probably patch up a bunch of small crap instead....

# 169 KG @ 07/29/10 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That is only in year 3 though. There are still some kickers from the default rosters left. The problems people have reported start after all the default roster players are gone.

I keep on seeing people say "I am year 2 or 3 and I don't see any problems." That is because they don't start showing up until all the default players are gone.
Yeah, people don't realize that because the initial roster ratings are so high generated recruits wouldn't possibly start until year 3 at the earliest, more likely year 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
It doesn't, I left mine at vasity, and it's the same as AA and Heisman, only it's easier for the player.
Recruiting difficulty has nothing to do with recruit ratings. The only thing it affects is the # of times you can change the topic.

# 170 charter04 @ 07/29/10 04:10 PM
EA has spoken!!! I just read this and I feel better about the problems.
[url="http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=ThankYou"]

# 171 Ifly8o8 @ 07/29/10 09:19 PM
Damn how do u guys get to double digit seasons. Do u guys actually do the full on recruiting loke search for all the prospects, calling them and what not, redshirtng players and allthe other stuff? I tried and it took me forever to finish a season

# 172 Romeclone @ 07/29/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifly8o8
Damn how do u guys get to double digit seasons. Do u guys actually do the full on recruiting loke search for all the prospects, calling them and what not, redshirtng players and allthe other stuff? I tried and it took me forever to finish a season
lol no... All of my stuff was just based off a sim. However, there are people that spend a disgusting amount of time on these games over the course of a year. Blogging about dynastys, setting up the blogs recoding stats for years and such. And, before I am willing to jump into that world, I always sim ahead at least 5-10 years to make sure that all the parts of the car are working properly. Nothing like getting half way to Wally World and realizing that your car's brakes and transmission don't work and all that effort was wasted.

# 173 EPtheKING @ 07/29/10 09:32 PM
Will somebody plz tell me why my 360 is telling me that the EA servers are not available but I can clearly see other people playing OD and ranked games therefore I can't play my OD !!! This sucks major right now!!

# 174 Purplepower_NC @ 07/29/10 09:38 PM
If all I was going to do is sim...I would use College Bowl Bound...much more indept, and a great sim.

# 175 RoyalBoyle78 @ 07/29/10 09:57 PM
isn't patch 2 suppose to fix this?

# 176 ehh @ 07/29/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
OK OK... MAJOR ISSUE ... I HAVE A QB placed on my depth chart as the 4th option at HB !!! then...at FB i have backing my starter is a TE who is a backup TE and a RT ?? lol...Then at WR , guess whos my 4th WR ? lol...that same dam QB who was 4th at HB !!! TE i have both TE's but a MLB playing 3rd on depth...lol...

WOW...This one takes the cake...I have a ROLB play as my 3rd CB !!! lol...

Now we can see why players are acting stupid bcause there outta position... Also this affects backups be able to come in and gain PROGRESSION points because they never see the field....
This has been an on-n-off issue since NCAA '02.

# 177 EPtheKING @ 07/29/10 10:25 PM
Patch 2? Can somebody help me out?

# 178 KSUowls @ 07/30/10 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CizzLark
So a fix is ludacris? What do you want man? For it to be right in the first place?

BREAKING NEWS! THIS JUST IN! It's a little late for that.

Let's send them a petition or a letter. Get one of the OS contacts to try and get an update. Perhaps strike up a boycott of their products. Doing that would be productive, our ranting is not.
eh...I don't see how giving the ability to fix players from 120 teams every season is a "fix" of any kind.

# 179 LambertandHam @ 07/30/10 08:41 AM
Reading through most of the thread this morning, I really agree with the point about the game being legitatmley fun this year. It's probably the most fun I've had in a NCAA game for a long while. Of course the irony is that the dynasty mode is unplayable after a few years. Still I'm hoping that this is something that the tuner set can fix next week, or the big patch the week after.

Checking the calendar, the patch should hit around the same time Madden 11 comes out. While I'll probably still play NCAA a bit, a lot of people will give up the game(especially if it's still screwed up dynasty wise) and just move onto Madden.

# 180 PatsNats28 @ 07/30/10 11:38 PM
Hi, I simmed 10 seasons ahead with Idaho to 2020. I had a 56 rated QB, a 62 rated WR, and a 57 RB... also had a 58 CB and a 57 OLB. Other than that, everyone was below 55. My kicker was 44. I played Fresno State, who weirdly enough had some decent players (had an 81 corner, a few 70s, about five 60s, and then 50s). Gameplay was atrocious. I lost the game 18-13. In terms of field goals, the computer missed EVERY extra point. I'm a very good field goal kicker, in Madden I can routinely hit 55+ FGs and in NCAA, I can make the 50 yarders (depending on my kicker), but I missed a 36 yard field goal for the first time in my life. I got full power, and it fell short of the crossbar - that was depressing. Also had an XP blocked, which was weird. My QB was missing passes everywhere. His final line was 5/21, 1 TD, 4 INT. However, he probably missed about 8 of those. The rest were these wide open drops by my wide receivers. And then of course, when they did catch it, they ran slower than the defensive ends. The running game was better, my main RB had 11 carries for 46 yards, and surprisingly didn't have a fumble. But I had to pass a fair amount because I was down.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.