Home
NBA JAM News Post

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA ELITE 11 TO
INCLUDE FREE* DOWNLOADABLE VERSION OF NBA JAM

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 3, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ataman5 @ 08/03/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBentsch
That just confirmed that you don't get it "mate"

For your better understanding: lol is jsut an expression of a little smile. Not an expression of doubting someones mental stability ... have a nice day dude
And you do m8, voila. Back to topic will ya.

I'm a person who can edit, and accept that i can't get everything. Thanks for saving from a ban as well.

# 62 ataman5 @ 08/03/10 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
You directed your post to anyone who would have said poor move. I dont get how you dont get that.. its called a broad general statement, which you used to cover any and all who thought otherwise.
Ok and sorry if i have been offensive to anyone, but that was not my intention in the first place and i edited my post before a ''warning'' that should have been sent to me instead of a threatening message of me being banned over, understand.

# 63 SageInfinite @ 08/03/10 11:40 AM
Damn EA is desperate

# 64 23 @ 08/03/10 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Wouw, interesting i would be banned over that as i didnt direct my post to anyone just stated my thoughts on the subject concerned with some ''!!!'' in it. As a mod myself it's good to know that 23. Thanks, there is also a warning thing you may have considered beforehand. And thanks to the guy who picked on my post so i didnt get an ''interesting'' ban.

It's been long since i last dared to post my thoughts here.
Honestly stop acting like you dont see the TOS

Come on here talking about any posters mental stability will get you banned.

Consider that post a warning.

# 65 Muzyk23 @ 08/03/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Wouw, interesting i would be banned over that as i didnt direct my post to anyone just stated my thoughts on the subject concerned with some ''!!!'' in it. As a mod myself it's good to know that 23. Thanks, there is also a warning thing you may have considered beforehand. And thanks to the guy who picked on my post so i didnt get an ''interesting'' ban.

It's been long since i last dared to post my thoughts here.
was just trying to give you a friendly warning..new posters get banned left and right here (which is good for the site)

# 66 23 @ 08/03/10 11:48 AM
Last thing ill say and you guys can get back on the topic

Dont give anyone any warnings. Report the posts plain and simple

The mods will determine if it warrants a warning. This is one of the issues I have right now with some of the complainers that refuse to report people, but rather engage them, then complain that trolls are present.

Just report them. Im not tolerating the personal attacks and I dont care how one tries to justify the disguise.

# 67 spursfan @ 08/03/10 12:53 PM
I was really looking forward to playing nba jam, but now I'll pass. I don't want to pay $60 for it . Elite must really be looking like it will get trashed in sales. I want to play nba jam, but not that bad.

# 68 Purch @ 08/03/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan
I was really looking forward to playing nba jam, but now I'll pass. I don't want to pay $60 for it . Elite must really be looking like it will get trashed in sales. I want to play nba jam, but not that bad.
I disagree. Elite isn't gonna get thrashed in sells because it's gonna be a disappointment. Elite's gonna get thrashed in sells because people don't trust the franchise or give it a chance. Live 10 was a great game that deserved much more sells but people didn't trust EA. So what they're doing here is giving people more reason to purchase elite so when they actually try out elite they'll actually see the improvements made and see that it's a great game. Hopefully. They haven't been focusing on gameplay everyday to deliver an unfinished product. Think of it this way Jam's the thing that baits the gamers whiles elite will be the thing that keeps the gamers.

# 69 uiucjpo @ 08/03/10 01:13 PM
THIS is what happens when there's competition. If there was only one company with an exclusive, do you think there'd be a Jordan Challenge or NBA JAM pack in at all? Not a chance.

# 70 ill Sim @ 08/03/10 01:17 PM
It's not the full product, but it's a good portion of it.

"And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."

This is just a Demo.... *******es.....

# 71 Rocboyz101 @ 08/03/10 01:19 PM
Underestimating..this isn't the big news is it?

# 72 Ermolli @ 08/03/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Underestimating..this isn't the big news is it?
I believe so from what I'm understanding from blackflash83 twitter

# 73 Purch @ 08/03/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill Sim
It's not the full product, but it's a good portion of it.

"And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."

This is just a Demo.... *******es.....
It's the whole game besides Legend mode.

# 74 The 24th Letter @ 08/03/10 01:23 PM
This reminds me of when I got some stupid TMNT game just b/c Turtles In Time was on the disk (wasnt on the marketplace yet)....lol, anyway....no one can deny this is a good marketing move..

# 75 NoTiCe_O @ 08/03/10 01:25 PM
I don't see how this is desperate, I mean NBA Elite is a whole different name, a person walking in the store could be like "NBA Elite hmm whats this?" read the box, like it and then see the fact that you get an updated version of nba Jam on top of that; with online. I mean NBA Jam is gonna sell on the wii either way, now just even more. And now this will give more casual fans incentive to try NBA Elite.

And EA keeps telling us to try the demo, I think they are pretty confident in what this game has to offer, but people are still skeptic because of their reputation of next gen games, this is not NBA Live. This will give the skeptics a reason to try, and they could actually could end up likeing/ loveing the game which would lead to better reputation and sales for NBA Elite 12 because people already saw what it had to offer. An most likely 12 will be even better

# 76 BDM313 @ 08/03/10 01:26 PM
Good News.....This Isnt The News We Expected Today Is It?. Bring On The Gameplay Vids!...Even If Its Only 1 Vid Ill Be Happy!.

# 77 BreakingBentsch @ 08/03/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purch
I disagree. Elite isn't gonna get thrashed in sells because it's gonna be a disappointment. Elite's gonna get thrashed in sells because people don't trust the franchise or give it a chance. Live 10 was a great game that deserved much more sells but people didn't trust EA. So what they're doing here is giving people more reason to purchase elite so when they actually try out elite they'll actually see the improvements made and see that it's a great game. Hopefully. They haven't been focusing on gameplay everyday to deliver an unfinished product. Think of it this way Jam's the thing that baits the gamers whiles elite will be the thing that keeps the gamers.
First of all, it's a financial thing. They wouldn't do it if it would hurt their financial situation. And then there's the thing with elite.. sure LIVE had some really hard years, but this here is not more than a marketing strategy to bait customers.
So I think you can't just say it's a reason to purchase Elite, for many of us, it's also a must!
And by going this way, they're simply shutting down other ways by not giving people the option to purchase a stand-alone Jam edition for X360 or PS3.

And Jam is much much more than a byproduct as you describe it (Jam's the thing that baits the gamers). It's a full version (at least the Wii version, X360 and PS3 missing a mode which is pretty important!) of what will probably be a very good game that many of us were looking forward to. So for the people who would like to play Elite, it may be a byproduct, but for the people who would love to play Jam, Elite will be a byproduct.

Depends on what you expect to get out of it.

# 78 bigsmallwood @ 08/03/10 01:29 PM
Great job by EA! They are definitely doing themselves a solid by including NBA Jam.

# 79 Rocboyz101 @ 08/03/10 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I believe so from what I'm understanding from blackflash83 twitter
They had to know we'd find this underwhelming..mine as well told us this last week.

# 80 Ermolli @ 08/03/10 01:35 PM
Official post at NBA Elite site.

Quote:
3 Modes of NBA JAM included FREE with NBA ELITE 11
03-ago-2010

Along with the revolutionary new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of NBA JAM will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available for both the Xbox360 and PlayStation3. Reignite your hoops passion in three adrenaline-pumping game modes: Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online.

Pre-Order Your Copy at GameStop

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.