Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 Ramminyou @ 08/19/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's a adjustment we have to make if you want to see the CPU RB's behave more logical with the ball in the open field.

They are coded to protect to the ball if your playing with your defensive strategy to have your defenders go for more strips and cause more fumbles than the CPU's RB's are going to keep covering up the ball because they are adapting to your gameplay strategy.

I don't know if EA did this deliberately or not and just didn't test it before releasing the game but hey i'm just offering an alternative to the silly cover up the ball logic. I still see fumbles and big hits so it's not liek your defenders are being handicapped in the game.

They just aren't going for as many strips on the ball carrier.....they make more conservative tackles. Also you guys don't liek to see so many TD's returned off turnovers then this is another way to to slow down the pick 6's and fumble returns for TD's

But hey if you those things are best for your style of play then leave the strategy options as is and role with it. I just don't think aggressive strategy is needed to be honest for good gameplay.
That's cool, I understand where you're coming from. I personally don't even touch the Gameplan most of the time and I do notice the runners protecting the ball too much, so I think EA should just fix it. But I understand you were just trying to offer a fix. I think I was more responding to your last paragraph in that post where you kind of made it sound like people should switch to conservative instead of complaining, when I think people shouldn't have to choose in order to see less covering up in wide open situation.

# 442 RDTII @ 08/20/10 12:24 AM
Well, I was pretty happy with the passing game (other than the psychic dbs) but now that WR catch in traffic is boosted it's TERRIBLE.

Receivers can now catch EVERYTHING. Before the middle post wasn't automatic against cover three and now it is again.

I really hope they tone it back down again...before it was really useful to have a receiver with high CIT that you know could come down with it, now you don't even have to worry about it.

# 443 booker21 @ 08/21/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTII
Well, I was pretty happy with the passing game (other than the psychic dbs) but now that WR catch in traffic is boosted it's TERRIBLE.

Receivers can now catch EVERYTHING. Before the middle post wasn't automatic against cover three and now it is again.

I really hope they tone it back down again...before it was really useful to have a receiver with high CIT that you know could come down with it, now you don't even have to worry about it.
Im glad im not the only one noticing this. I have wr 64ovr playing as TO in his prime.

Im still not sure what ea was thinking when they tweak this and pass acc. It was perfect before the 2nd patch.

# 444 ehh @ 08/21/10 01:39 AM
The latest patch/tuner made the passing game feel like the old Xbox/PS2 days. For the most part the ratings of your QB and WRs are irrelevant. Everyone is Peyton Manning and Jerry Rice out there most games. Annoying, but I'm still having fun with this game.

I got a chance to play Madden tonight for the first time, I can't believe how much better looking NCAA is. The difference is gigantic IMO.

# 445 southwvboy @ 08/21/10 02:35 AM
I am about done with this piece of crap game. The freezing is just out of control especially after the new patch. I just got done playing Nebraska with WVU on my off line Dynasty. During the game I fumbled and they took it back for six. During the play the dang thing froze as expected but during the stupid replays at the end of the game that play rolls and of freaking course you see the guy float through the air because the game froze and the whole think froze up and I got a disc error. It was a great game. I came back for 20 down to win 26 23 and all for not. The whole process of them being able to patch things has made them lazy. They will put out bad products and have the attitude of "oh, we will fix it later". shame on you EA. I am at the point of no return with these people. I will fire up ncaa 08 on ps2 before I play this piece of crap one more time.

# 446 hee163 @ 08/21/10 05:23 AM
The terrible CPU running game was slowly ruining this game for me. Since the tweak to reciever catching, I just don't find it fun at all anymore. Why did they even 'fix' it? I didn't see any complaints before and a shedload since.

# 447 rudyjuly2 @ 08/21/10 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hee163
The terrible CPU running game was slowly ruining this game for me. Since the tweak to reciever catching, I just don't find it fun at all anymore. Why did they even 'fix' it? I didn't see any complaints before and a shedload since.
That's the part I don't get. Everyone was happy with QB accuracy, WR drops on default, etc. Post patch they boost those things along with kicker legs and accuracy. Why? Then the normally weak cpu running game on default was made even worse and can't be fixed because the sliders are either broken or so watered down you can't fix it on your own. I'm also finding the zone defenses, which were not that great pre-patch, to be awful post patch and I don't want to call them vs. the cpu at all anymore. Just calling a few different man to man defenses now on defense has become boring.

I'm actually going to delete the patch and play for a bit without it. The one thing I will miss is EA tightening up the outside running game for the human. It was too easy before but I think I would rather deal with that then all the new problems they introduced. I'll re-download the patch and tuning file when it comes to the offseason for progression and recruit ratings but during the year I think I'm going to go back to basics.

EA rushed this last patch out and it shows. They need to do a much better job of testing during the development time and when they release patches. I think they need more diverse testers because I swear these guys must all play a similar way on a similar difficulty set so they don't see the variety of issues that a larger group on OS sees.

# 448 Spanky @ 08/21/10 11:11 AM
This patch and tuner set combination is nothing short of a colossal failure.

The only saving grace is the dirty uniforms. But I'm on the verge of sacrificing some mud and deleting this BS to return to how it used to be.

EA says it reads these boards and takes into account what the consumer wants. I hope they're reading now. And I hope they react to the negative comments by fixing this mess rather than the glowing, flowery nonsense from the disillusioned handful of individuals who actually posted that this is a better game post-patch 2 and tuner sets.

# 449 RDTII @ 08/21/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Im glad im not the only one noticing this. I have wr 64ovr playing as TO in his prime.

Im still not sure what ea was thinking when they tweak this and pass acc. It was perfect before the 2nd patch.
Yeah man, I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait until all the tuning is done and then do a massive ratings overhaul to get these receivers playing realistically. And as you said, the quarterback accuracy.

Before, the really great quarterbacks stood out and every quarterback had throws that would float...now it's on the money every time and the game has completely lost its organic feel.

ARGH.

# 450 Mjphillips @ 08/21/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
This patch and tuner set combination is nothing short of a colossal failure.

The only saving grace is the dirty uniforms. But I'm on the verge of sacrificing some mud and deleting this BS to return to how it used to be.

EA says it reads these boards and takes into account what the consumer wants. I hope they're reading now. And I hope they react to the negative comments by fixing this mess rather than the glowing, flowery nonsense from the disillusioned handful of individuals who actually posted that this is a better game post-patch 2 and tuner sets.
How can we delete it?

# 451 candy2500 @ 08/21/10 04:48 PM
i don't post much at all but i do come and read the forum. but if EA reads this forum i need to post my thoughts on this.

i agree with rudyjuly2 and Spanky the price of this last patch is to much, it took away just to much of what made this years game great. the first tuning file was a push in the right direction but still needed some work. this last attempted fix is not worth it. it needs to be taken down, off or whatever and leave the first patch and tuning file in place in till a proper fix for the progression and CPU placing their players in the proper position is found which IMO will not be in till next year before this dynasty mess is fixed.

EA made one of the best Football games ever this year and are to be congratulated, but i feel just like i bought a million dollar house at the bottom of a mountain prone to mudslides, its just a matter of time before you start over and that's what this games dynasty is like, play a year or two and start over.

# 452 ehh @ 08/21/10 04:52 PM
Yup.

Are we going to hear from EA on this any time soon? Wasn't the big appeal of a tuner pack was that it could quickly and easily fix/improve these sorta things?

# 453 PAPERNUT @ 08/21/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy2500
i don't post much at all but i do come and read the forum. but if EA reads this forum i need to post my thoughts on this.

i agree with rudyjuly2 and Spanky the price of this last patch is to much, it took away just to much of what made this years game great. the first tuning file was a push in the right direction but still needed some work. this last attempted fix is not worth it. it needs to be taken down, off or whatever and leave the first patch and tuning file in place in till a proper fix for the progression and CPU placing their players in the proper position is found which IMO will not be in till next year before this dynasty mess is fixed.

EA made one of the best Football games ever this year and are to be congratulated, but i feel just like i bought a million dollar house at the bottom of a mountain prone to mudslides, its just a matter of time before you start over and that's what this games dynasty is like, play a year or two and start over.
Great post. Agree 100%

# 454 Brad412 @ 08/21/10 06:32 PM
Did they patch where from far distance players visors disappear and facemasks dim out?

# 455 rudyjuly2 @ 08/21/10 06:40 PM
I deleted the patch and played half a game without it. The cpu run game is better but the truth is the sliders ARE watered down both before and after the patch. They just aren't powerful enough. So when they ruined the cpu running game with patch #2 you can't really fix it IF you don't like how it is. Some guys like the cpu running game post patch. I don't and can't fix it other than play on Heisman where the cpu blitzes way too much leaving slot WRs (particularly on 3rd down) wide open. Zone coverages appear worse as well to the point they are almost useless.

Patch #3 has to make the blocking sliders more powerful. They are simply WAY too weak as it is. EA needs to do a lot more testing with sliders as there is always an issue with them every year. There is nothing to fear from making the blocking sliders more powerful. We may have to tweak our slider sets but this is an absolute must to save the game for me. Otherwise I doubt I will be playing this game long term.

# 456 candy2500 @ 08/21/10 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I deleted the patch and played half a game without it. The cpu run game is better but the truth is the sliders ARE watered down both before and after the patch. They just aren't powerful enough. So when they ruined the cpu running game with patch #2 you can't really fix it IF you don't like how it is. Some guys like the cpu running game post patch. I don't and can't fix it other than play on Heisman where the cpu blitzes way too much leaving slot WRs (particularly on 3rd down) wide open. Zone coverages appear worse as well to the point they are almost useless.

Patch #3 has to make the blocking sliders more powerful. They are simply WAY too weak as it is. EA needs to do a lot more testing with sliders as there is always an issue with them every year. There is nothing to fear from making the blocking sliders more powerful. We may have to tweak our slider sets but this is an absolute must to save the game for me. Otherwise I doubt I will be playing this game long term.
i agree with the sliders not totally doing what they should do and something i never understood about the whole thing to start with.

if 0 really meant 0 and 100 really meant 100 then the problem of everyone searching for their type of football game is over (gameplay anyway)

if WR is set to 0 then no one should be able to catch a pass, its just a drop every time and if its 100 then no one should drop it. that's what 0 threw 100 should be like in my book anyway and if each step in between works across the board for each slider then that year after year search for the perfect slider problem is over.

# 457 DrPhibes @ 08/21/10 09:43 PM
I have been gone for a couple weeks, so what has ruined the game: patch or tuner set? is it both?

# 458 Spanky @ 08/22/10 02:31 AM
Question: Has anyone tried deleting only the tuner sets and keeping patch #2?

I recall playing one game post-second patch, before I downloaded any tuner set (I hadn't activated my online code at that point), and getting a similar experience as before. But after I downloaded the tuner sets, all hell broke loose.

I believe you can delete the tuners from file management. This way you'll still have dirty uniforms.

I guess what I'm asking is, is it the second patch or the tuners (or both) that's made this game an abomination?

# 459 TreyIM2 @ 08/22/10 03:26 AM
Maybe it's just me but the game is just fine after the 2nd patch. Someone mentioned the running game suffering after the patch? Not over here. I even had a Heisman winning RB after the patch during my 2nd yr

# 460 Sammich @ 08/22/10 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Question: Has anyone tried deleting only the tuner sets and keeping patch #2?

I recall playing one game post-second patch, before I downloaded any tuner set (I hadn't activated my online code at that point), and getting a similar experience as before. But after I downloaded the tuner sets, all hell broke loose.

I believe you can delete the tuners from file management. This way you'll still have dirty uniforms.

I guess what I'm asking is, is it the second patch or the tuners (or both) that's made this game an abomination?
I'm playing on a rented copy, so I have the patch but no tuner. I'm definitely seeing an increase in QB accuracy and WR catching post-patch. CPU RBs covering up and massive CPU 3rd-down blitzes are marginally improved with the patch, but both are still an issue.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.