08:35 AM - August 11, 2010 by swanny
After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.
Hello again NCAA Fans!
I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!
- Uniform degradation has been fixed.
- Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
- Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
- Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
- Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
- Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
- Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
- Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
- Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
- Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
- Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
- Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
- Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
- Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
- Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
- Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
- Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
- Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
- Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
- Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
- Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
- Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
- Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
- Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
- Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
- Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
- Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
- Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
- Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
- Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
- Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups
Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.
This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.
Designer NCAA Football