Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

IGN has just posted their NBA 2K11 hands-on preview, as they explore everything Michael Jordan will bring to this year's game.

Three new screenshots can be found, right here.

Quote:
"Last but certainly not least is a mode called MJ Create-a-Legend that opens up after you've completed all ten challenges. The premise is simple: players insert Rookie Michael Jordan into any team they want (yes, you can run with Lebron, Bosh, Wade and Jordan on the Heat if you want) and then try to develop him into the player we know and love, but with the current crop of NBA talent. Jordan's look will change as you progress through his career and will mirror the physical differences that we saw as he moved from '80s Michael to late-'90s Michael. He begins as a high-flying youngster with an overall rating of 79 and it's up to you to bring him to greatness. The gameplay performs just like My Player in that you're player-locked to Michael Jordan and will have to complete different objectives for each game."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ermolli @ 08/13/10 06:25 PM
Thanks for the link

# 2 Shelb @ 08/13/10 06:28 PM
I hope we don't see the Shrug against the Knicks...

# 3 arsenal123gunners @ 08/13/10 06:30 PM
I was hoping they would talk more about the gameplay and such, but whatever

# 4 RayDog253 @ 08/13/10 06:31 PM
Quote:
Jordan's look will change as you progress through his career and will mirror the physical differences that we saw as he moved from '80s Michael to late-'90s Michael.
Okay forget all the Jordan stuff, if all players progress through association like Jordan does that would be nuts.

Nvm, got too far a head of my self, didn't see that it's a my player type game mode. Damn, I was hyped to.

# 5 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:33 PM
Those screenshots are fantastic!

# 6 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelb
Haha, yeah that's probably an error.

# 7 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:38 PM
Screenshots from the preview:

# 8 RayDog253 @ 08/13/10 06:41 PM
Damn, the skin texture is crazy.

# 9 green94 @ 08/13/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelb
LMAO, thought the same thing especially since he called them on the carpet for small inaccuracies... maybe he needs to brush up on his Bball knowledge a bit?

Good preview though... can't f'ing wait.

# 10 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:43 PM
The second screenshot (winning the 6th title) is pure gold. The face there is the best MJ face I've seen. In my opinion, better than any PC mod I've ever seen.

# 11 Da-Man @ 08/13/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Those screenshots are fantastic!
yup they do and Mike doesn't look as bulky as he did in the earlier screens.

# 12 chackett12 @ 08/13/10 06:48 PM
2k is gonna be vicious. I juss hope online is good...

# 13 Jakeness23 @ 08/13/10 06:49 PM
October cannot come soon enough...

# 14 Eman5805 @ 08/13/10 06:50 PM
Sounds fun. If they're making a completely seperate feature out of this which is pretty much My Player staring Jordan, then I'd think that means My Player received some hefty upgrades.

And I REALLY hope they let you play as rookie from the 2010 draft if you want. Also hope that the 2K insider's opening spiel can be skipped. He gets a little annoying after a few playthroughs.

# 15 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 08/13/10 06:51 PM
Thats good & all. Im probably one of the few people who wont do the Jordan challenges.

I want to know what they've done to update My Player. I'd probably cry if they made it more realistic and allowed us to play in actual games in My Player with our created players outside of the pick up games.

# 16 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:51 PM
you need to flip it to compare it to the IGN screenshot, but looks very accurate to me.

And this one is pretty similar too.

# 17 Da-Man @ 08/13/10 06:51 PM
Looks like Harlan will be doing the commentary for all the game modes. I just hope there's no Kellogg though.

# 18 eye guy @ 08/13/10 06:52 PM
Loving everything but still worried about this...

Quote:
I think Stockton is a little showier in his NBA 2K11 skin than he should be, as he dribbled the ball through his legs more times in one game than he did in his entire career in real life, but I'm sure 2K Sports will tweak things before the game launches.
I hope players from the past, like Stockton, won't be assigned packages from current stars.

Imagine Drexler Dunking like Wade or vice versa? It just wouldn't look authentic.

# 19 Jonesy @ 08/13/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Sounds and looks good to me so far. I see they still haven't been able to fix the "jersey's floating over the shoulders" issue. Must be hard to fix i guess its an issue with the cloth physics clashing with skeletal system they have in place or something like that. Its not a gamekiller or anything though but it is pretty obvious in this one pic.

# 20 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
Loving everything but still worried about this...

I hope players from the past, like Stockton, won't be assigned packages from current stars.

Imagine Drexler Dunking like Wade or vice versa? It just wouldn't look authentic.
I remember reading about some tendencies regarding dribbling. I'm pretty sure there are couple of tendencies to fix this.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.