Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 07:52 PM
This was one of the better looking quick clips. I like how the indicator for what you did on the sticks appears in replay mode. In this instance, you'd think Okafor would win out on the collision (while still having to adjust to a layup) but the special thing in Elite is that it could be something different each time.

# 2 neegotiator @ 08/26/10 07:54 PM
nice, like the collisions underneath the basket. though tayshaun prince jumping looked a little weird, like he just kind've floated up. otherwise, good stuff

# 3 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neegotiator
nice, like the collisions underneath the basket. though tayshaun prince jumping looked a little weird, like he just kind've floated up. otherwise, good stuff
I agree, it looks like user v user so it's probably for responsiveness but I'd prefer if you actually had to gather to challenge.

# 4 da ThRONe @ 08/26/10 08:32 PM
Player are still jumping too high. D.West couldnt dunk like that in his dreams let alone on a vertical leap.

# 5 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 08:38 PM
I didn't think West's height on the dunk was bad though Okafor's on the put-back attempt was far too high. Had no defender stepped up, his head would've been at the rim. I wish they would have more realistic verticals in this game, rare are the athletes that get that high consistently.

# 6 RayDog253 @ 08/26/10 08:39 PM
The way Tayshaun Jumped looked like he was being pulled into the animation, I hope this isn't true. And I doubt David West can put back a tip dunk, especially with someone in front of him.

Besides that I like the physicality.

# 7 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/26/10 08:40 PM
This video looked great. One of the more polished vids in my opinion.

# 8 RayDog253 @ 08/26/10 08:45 PM
The pistons must really suck at rebounding..... I agree that the height on West' vertical wasn't bad but Okafor was way too high.

The centers in the NBA use more length then leaping ability, this needs to be reflected more in both NBA games.

# 9 thesniper321 @ 08/26/10 08:45 PM
I liked it thank you

# 10 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/26/10 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
The pistons must really suck at rebounding..... I agree that the height on West' vertical wasn't bad but Okafor was way too high.

The centers in the NBA use more length then leaping ability, this needs to be reflected more in both NBA games.
uhh they do. Their best rebounder is probably Ben Wallace. His knees are shot. Other than that you get hustle boards from Jerbeko and Tay...Maybe Monroe , of course , hes hurt too.

# 11 da ThRONe @ 08/26/10 08:50 PM
Overall I loved how organic everything looked. 2k player movement is great but Elite game movement is really fluid.

# 12 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Overall I loved how organic everything looked. 2k player movement is great but Elite game movement is really fluid.
That's how I'm feeling right now as well. Both games claim a serious shift in feel so i'm anxious to play.

# 13 TreyIM2 @ 08/26/10 09:19 PM
Not too happy with that collision...

# 14 JVal3208 @ 08/26/10 09:20 PM
Looks like something from NBA Street Vol. 2.

# 15 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/10 09:26 PM
Collision was cool until I saw that Prince shifted into the rebounder to force that contact....then (if im not mistaken) recovered fast enough to contest the dunk?

Ugh, brings back memorys of the sucking contact animations of 10...

On a positive note.... its a good display of "anything can happen"

anticipating the demo!!

# 16 23 @ 08/26/10 09:32 PM
Man that was a foul.. why did the play even continue?

After tay floated over to Okafor who should've wallyhopped a boney Tay Prince

# 17 bmgoff11 @ 08/26/10 09:36 PM
looks good

# 18 dirtypuppet @ 08/26/10 09:36 PM
Positives:
- Dynamic, Branching Gameplay
- Wallaces blocking animation is improved from earlier builds
- Good example of miss to the left, rebound to the left

Negatives
- Okafor was fouled (not even a line-ball call there, it was obvious)
- Still yet to see an Elite video with a nice dunk animation
- Still yet to see an Elite video with a realistic amount of vertical
- Player models still too slim and not enough variety
- Collisions are OK but could look better

# 19 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Collision was cool until I saw that Prince shifted into the rebounder to force that contact....then (if im not mistaken) recovered fast enough to contest the dunk?
It was Jerebko.

Looking at it again, really the only way that animation should play out would be if Prince had hit Okafor early in the jump. By the time Okafar went as far forward as he did in this instance, his momentum should be taking out most players (and definitely a Tayshaun Prince) while ending in a changed shot and/or foul.

# 20 RxB @ 08/26/10 09:45 PM
wait..shouldn't that be a foul on Prince, him jumping into Okafor? anyway, nice to see put-back dunks. If it's as fun to play as Live 10 without the sucking animation, Elite it is!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.