NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 KyotoCarl @ 08/30/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNOC
I just might be in the minority and normally I don't nitpick a lot but I didn't feel they captured the essence of Jordan. The whole time I didn't see anything Jordan esqe. From the shorts, the jumpshot, the dribbling, the fadeaway, nothing. The game looks good as always and appreciate all the upgrades but I am not feeling Jordan. I am disappointed but not enough for me not to buy the game. I just had real high hopes and that since Jordan was the cover guy he would be the main one to have right. Hopefully 2k is still working on getting him close to perfect.
You only saw 8 minutes or so of one game. You're gonna be spending HOURS using him so who's to say he doesn't feel like Jordan?

# 122 drewbs @ 08/30/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Yes. He is playing like a conventional Small Forward instead of a Point Forward. Paxson brought up he ball almost all the time. Hopefully this due because of the early build the game was played on.

Either way, Scottie should play as a Point Forward and have a good play-making rating alongside the tendencies of a G/F. Scottie was the real Point Guard of the 90's Bulls team.
Paxson, Jordan and Pippen all brought the ball up for those teams. Its really tough to model a team like that, there really isn't a true point guard in that type of offense the way that guys like Magic Johnson, Steve Nash, etc. were point guards. Unless by point guard you mean the guy who would inevitably give Michael the ball.

# 123 RayDog253 @ 08/30/10 07:47 PM
Idk about this video, besides seeing the classic players I didn't get much from this vid. The break away dunk by Clyde was nice, looked like something he would of done in real life.

I still can't wait to play it but this vid didn't do nothing for me.

# 124 DJNOC @ 08/30/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
You only saw 8 minutes or so of one game. You're gonna be spending HOURS using him so who's to say he doesn't feel like Jordan?
I don't need more than one jumpshot to tell the jumpers not right and that is the biggest thing for me. I still hate that Larry Bird's shot hasn't been corrected. When I was younger I was a MJ fanatic and watched Come Fly With Me daily. I emulated my jumper to look like Jordan and all the manuerisms to the way he clapped his hands on reverse layups and have a serious lean when blowing past defenders. MJ had height on his jumper like a previous person posted and his leg would be kicked or spreaded. Kobe's real life j is similar but not the same. The shorts thing is not right because his uniform fit and not loose. That jumper was more of a set shot. So again no I don't need hours to know it doesn't feel like Jordan cuz its not.

# 125 Goffs @ 08/30/10 08:52 PM
He looks spot on to me...he just needs more elevation on his momentum/fadeaway shots...

# 126 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/30/10 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
He looks spot on to me...he just needs more elevation on his momentum/fadeaway shots...
I completely agree with this. He really isn't getting much air off the ground. With that jumpshot I KNOW those doublepump shots he did aren't possible.

# 127 Drix10 @ 08/30/10 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
One thing I notice in this video is that Scottie is not bringing the ball up court often.
You guys are right about the whole Point Forward thing, but growing up in the greater Chicagoland area, I saw literally hundreds of Bulls games, and the main thing is this ...
John Paxson was the primary ball handler in the half court for those teams he played on. Yea, Jordan and Pippen did a lot here and there and esp in the fast break, but most of the time, it was Paxson. He wasn't a point guard in the sense of Steve Nash or some of these other stars we have now. He was very fundamental, almost stoic. But he was very good about not turning it over and was deadly with the jumper. The game video had him turn it over a couple times, and that just wasn't him. He wouldn't be out there if he was doing that. Plus, you never saw him go to the goal, so if the AI has him do that, it's wrong.
After he retired and they brought in Steve Kerr to be the "shooter" Paxson was, you started to see Pippen have the ball more 'cause Kerr wasn't able to get the ball in the front court as well as Paxson was. Just a fact. Even Ron Harper, who occupied the traditional "PG" position on paper didn't handle the ball as much as Pippen or Jordan in the second three-peat.
But Paxson was always one of my favorite Bulls from that first Three-peat, him and Ho Grant.

# 128 aloncho11 @ 08/31/10 12:22 PM
Actually Paxson was more of the spot up man (constantly fed by MJ and PIP), and yes, while he was the ball-handler many times...the true play-maker of the early 90's Bulls was Pippen (team leader in assists in the first three-peat teams).

Scottie played as a genuine Small Forward from his rookie year up to 1989-90. In the 1990-91 season he switched to the guard role because of his skills, passing, defensive ability and speed. Phil Jackson Jackson made the switch and it was a something that defined Scottie's game for the rest of his career.

True, the Bulls never had a real Point Guard, but if there was someone who had that play-maker ("Point Guard") kind of role, it was Pippen over the rest of the players.

# 129 natedZA @ 08/31/10 12:37 PM
Yup, it's looking pretty good but as people have mentioned, he needs to jump a lot higher on those jumpers as he did in RL. He probably jumped the highest in a standard jumpshot that I've seen let alone on his fadeaway. The form on his free throw looked spot on but the jumpers and fadeways need work...

# 130 aloncho11 @ 08/31/10 12:57 PM
Hopefully that will get re-worked for the final code of the game.

# 131 Drix10 @ 08/31/10 07:02 PM
Someone probably already has this posted somewhere but I found this looking around for a list of players on those legendary rosters:

http://www.bomeiquan.cn/nba-2k-news/...sic-teams.html

If this is true, some good names in there. I was asking about Duckworth earlier and he appears to be in it. I can't wait to check out Mark Price and Daugherty, they should be good in the game. That Celtic team should be off the hook as well.

# 132 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/31/10 07:15 PM
That Kersey dunk wasnt that unrealistic. When he played for Portland he was a nasty dunker and the defense looked like they wanted no part of it. I would have a problem if they really tried to contest it but that, you cant tell.

# 133 youvalss @ 08/31/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix10
Someone probably already has this posted somewhere but I found this looking around for a list of players on those legendary rosters:

http://www.bomeiquan.cn/nba-2k-news/...sic-teams.html

If this is true, some good names in there. I was asking about Duckworth earlier and he appears to be in it. I can't wait to check out Mark Price and Daugherty, they should be good in the game. That Celtic team should be off the hook as well.
It seems like these are the full rosters for the classic teams. I'm not sure it means that all of them are in the game. I remember seeing several generic players...probably some Sonics guys and others...don't remember by now. But if you look at the lists - they have more than enough players, so why would 2K add generic players? And these lists are from July 29. Unless the screenshots we saw are from an earlier build, which doesn't make sense to me.

# 134 Goffs @ 08/31/10 07:24 PM
That list will come in handy so we can just add the missing players...

# 135 Drix10 @ 08/31/10 07:52 PM
I noticed they have Bison Dele in there, and not Brian Williams. Weird, but I guess that's who he became. The whole Kareem vs. Alcindor thing. But it will be odd to hear the announcer say it in that context, with the Bulls and Jordan.

# 136 aloncho11 @ 08/31/10 08:53 PM
That list is not official from 2K it just list the players of the teams. Rory Sparrow and Mark Randall played less than 25 games combined for the 91-92 Bulls so IMO I don't think they're in.

As for Bison Dele (RIP), he should be Brian Williams, because that was his name in 96-97 and didn't change it until the lockout Season I belive.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.