Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

ESPN Videogames' Jon Robinson, has posted some more NBA 2K11 information. Including new alley-oop controls, the Jordan Challenge set at 8 minutes and NBA approved hard fouls.

Quote:
"Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.

Jordan Challenge quarter length is 8 minutes.

Classic teams are all available to play as in Exhibition games right out of the box. You don't need to beat them in Jordan Challenge in order to play as them.

There are NBA-approved hard fouls in the game. No fighting, but players will get dragged down as the defender tries to prevent you from getting your shot off."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Eman5805 @ 08/30/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscrutch
We some fighting or finna fight get give them a technical or losing they cool for 1
Um....wat?

# 22 L. BuЯNa @ 08/30/10 05:40 PM
I usually play in 5 or 6 min quarters, 8 min a quarter is doable for these MJ challenges. I think 12 min is way too long anyway.

# 23 MJ23Sebastian @ 08/30/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
I need video of these hard fouls, really excited about pulling them off online

And what's up with Barkley? I'm gonna send him a text message asking why he didnt want to be with MJ...
How?why?what?

# 24 Mr_Riddick @ 08/30/10 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Jordan calf sleeve is in... I wonder if you can edit the color scheme on it...make it all black or all white... if so there we have it...calf sleeves with socks
I think the sleeve will be part of the player model, but Im not sure.

# 25 TheKasmar @ 08/30/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Robinson
Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.
I wonder if the lob pass is still LT+A. If this is the case then I'm happy because in 2k10 having lob and alley-oop as the same button combo had too many errors.

# 26 MarvellousOne @ 08/30/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I am actually more (or equally pumped about) playing as 'Nique. I cannot wait to mess around with some of these old school squads!
Man I feel you here, Dominique has been in the 2K games for the last few years but I never thought it captured him right they just gave us Dominique Wilkins, I hope this game gives us Dominique Wilkins "The Human Highlight film" version.

# 27 turftickler @ 08/30/10 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
I need video of these hard fouls, really excited about pulling them off online

And what's up with Barkley? I'm gonna send him a text message asking why he didnt want to be with MJ...

FTA
I was concerned about this when I first read that there would be other teams and players from that era. I guess old Chuck didn't want to be dominated in this millenium as he was last millenium. I would love to go up against the Suns with the Bulls again.

# 28 TheRisingSan @ 08/30/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
For what it's worth, the author of that article may have just been saying that is the default setting for the Jordan Challenge. He did not venture to say whether the time could be altered or not.

Regardless, I'm still down with this mode to the tenth power.
True. I hope you'll be able to change the time to 12 minute quarters. Either way, I'm still interested in the challenge. I'm glad that they changed the alley-oop control, I swear when I first started playing 2k10 I'd always alley-oop by accident and commit a turnover.

And about Chuck Barkley, it's a shame that he didn't want to be represented in the game. He's one of my all-time favorites.

# 29 eko718 @ 08/30/10 06:05 PM
I just hope you can choose the minutes. I always play 10.

# 30 scatman @ 08/30/10 06:06 PM
I normally play 10 min quarters to give me the best realistic results during assoc. If this mode is locked in to only 8 min, so be it, as long as the buckets don't come super easy, or I can adjust the difficulty myself. I would hate to beat this game mode in my 3 days of having the game thus having reason to touch it afterwards. I would hope I can change the minutes but will not fuss if I cannot.

# 31 scatman @ 08/30/10 06:18 PM
I wonder what the hard fouls are going to look like, and what kind of emotion will the game display as a result of a hard foul

# 32 KyotoCarl @ 08/30/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRisingSan

And about Chuck Barkley, it's a shame that he didn't want to be represented in the game. He's one of my all-time favorites.
I don't think it's a matter of him not wanting to be in the game. He has some sort of special license or contract or whatever which prevents him from being in video games.

# 33 jd@os @ 08/30/10 06:23 PM
Quick question (didn't have time to read this or other threads to find the answer):

Can you take an historic team through a season? If so, how will it work? For instance, if you can indeed play a season with the '86 Bulls, how would you do it? Not play against the current '10-'11 Bulls? That would be best, as it would be weird to play Bulls vs Bulls (but I'd have no problem playing '86 Bulls vs '10-'11 Cavs).

# 34 KyotoCarl @ 08/30/10 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Quick question (didn't have time to read this or other threads to find the answer):

Can you take an historic team through a season? If so, how will it work? For instance, if you can indeed play a season with the '86 Bulls, how would you do it? Not play against the current '10-'11 Bulls? That would be best, as it would be weird to play Bulls vs Bulls (but I'd have no problem playing '86 Bulls vs '10-'11 Cavs).
Yes. You can replace existing teams with the classic teams and take them into Association/Season, just like you do with custom teams in 2K10.

# 35 scatman @ 08/30/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I don't think it's a matter of him not wanting to be in the game. He has some sort of special license or contract or whatever which prevents him from being in video games.
You know where to find that info? I'd like to really know why he doesn't want to be in games.

# 36 jd@os @ 08/30/10 06:29 PM
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

So I can take the current Bulls out but play their schedule with an historic Bulls team? Great.

# 37 kolanji @ 08/30/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.
this was well though of....i have seen way too many accidental alley hoops in previous nba 2k games maybe the only ohter thing to change is to remove X on the xbox controller as a direct passing button...sometimes u accidentaly shoot the ball feom half court

# 38 KyotoCarl @ 08/30/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
You know where to find that info? I'd like to really know why he doesn't want to be in games.
It's been talked about since the days of NBA Live 95. He, Jordan and someone else finally features in NBA Live 98 or 99 I believe, and since then, neither Jordan nor Barkley have appeared in any Live or 2K games (except NBA Live 2002 when Jordan was a player again).

I can't seem him saying no every year for 15 years just cause he doesn't want to be in a basketball game.

# 39 jd@os @ 08/30/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
It's been talked about since the days of NBA Live 95. He, Jordan and someone else finally features in NBA Live 98 or 99 I believe, and since then, neither Jordan nor Barkley have appeared in any Live or 2K games (except NBA Live 2002 when Jordan was a player again).

I can't seem him saying no every year for 15 years just cause he doesn't want to be in a basketball game.
MJ was in an NBA 2K game too with the Wizards.

# 40 KyotoCarl @ 08/30/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
MJ was in an NBA 2K game too with the Wizards.
Then it must've been around 2002. 2K and Live have the rights to active players in the league, but not all retired players.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.