Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 patch #3 is available now for the 360.

*UPDATE: Live Tuning Pack 3 has been released.

Here are the details, for those of you that don't know what is included.

Quote:
Title Update 3 (TU3)

* The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
* Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
* Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
* In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
* There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
* Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.

Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)

* Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
* Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
* Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
* Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
* Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
* Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
* Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
* Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
* Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 nccomicfan @ 09/11/10 09:28 PM
Love every thing else they have done, but 3 patches and 3 tuners and still we have CPU backs and wideouts running free and going into the protect ball animation..is this something you just cannot fix?

# 102 Skittles6547 @ 09/12/10 12:59 PM
Ive really liked what the updates have done, fixed alot of stuff, if only madden could do that. NCAA is deffinately the best football game out their this year.

# 103 jhawk886 @ 09/12/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Played a couple games with the new patch and tuner in an OD, and Im not sure. Im undefeated as Nebraska and played Kansas in Lawrence. Not sure if the new patch was making the pretty damn bad 74 overall QB play well and fairly average 88 overall RB with average speed and pretty low agi/acc hop around like a cat or what.

Could be that good old away game not in this house AI kicking in (yeah intimidating Lawrence KS) or the the good old your undefeated and need to be strangely challenged by this 2-6 team AI.

Guess Ill see when I can advance it. Otherwise I might have to adjust sliders as a crappy cpu QB was a little too robo-like for me. and cpu Run blocking and/or RB ability slider might have gotten a noticeable boost.

Anyone else seeing this? Just me? Hopefully a one time thing.
Hey, those Jayhawks just beat Georgia Tech in Lawrence, Kansas. And Pick (QB) is fast and agile so he should evade you some. I'm not saying KU should beat Nebraska or even really give you a good game, especially in this game, but don't automatically say its a CPU flaw that a lesser team gave you a good game. Teams have let downs and they have games where they play a lot better, even above their typical abilities sometimes (a perfect example is KU).

Play more than one game before you start saying that the patch really changed things and you need to change sliders. One game is not a good sample size. And if you want other's opinions on what they think of the patch, and potential slider adjustments they've made then ask; an "impression" on the patch after one game is not an "impression", it's a complaint; and that's not constructive.

# 104 Spanky @ 09/12/10 06:50 PM
I've played only two games post-patch 3, but I am definitely feeling much improvement. I was disappointed after the patch and tuner #2, but my enthusiasm has been rekindled.

I play on AA. Somewhat puzzled by the robo QB complaints as I haven't seen anything close to it (of course, I've got CPU sliders down to 30 for ACC, WR CAT and PASS BLK and up for pass D).

The HUM run game is easier and the CPU has more trouble running, but I believe this can be remedied with sliders.

Off hand, I have only three complaints:

1. Play-action pass still results in sacks or hurried throws too often as CPU pass rush is too strong. (I haven't tried toning down the other team's defensive aggressiveness, which might help).

2. Punt and KO returns still tough because of bad blocking. By selecting punt block or punt block BL (?), you're able to get 10-15 yards a crack, though.

3. Commentary is atrocious.

In summary, I can live with these "glitches.''

I've never had more fun with a football game. Tremendous graphics really draw you in during the post-play cut scenes and replays.

The stadiums, fields and dirty uniforms look marvelous. I like that there's 78 mascots and it seems most of the schools have their real fight song (missing USC's Fight On, I'm using custom stadium sounds for that, but disappointed I can only hear it in home games), which adds to the atmosphere.

The people who complain about this game and trash it, I'm not sure what the hell they're looking for in a video football game. But I am sure they'll never find it.

Enjoy.

# 105 reggie1967 @ 09/12/10 09:15 PM
well i think they need to fix the screen play out of all formation when the quarterback go back to setup he keeps going bck at least 30 yrds

# 106 reggie1967 @ 09/12/10 09:18 PM
where u go to get the latest patch on ps3/360

# 107 blklightning @ 09/13/10 05:43 AM
so now that the third patch is out, is it safe to buy this game? i always wait for all the patches and then find out if it's now a complete and well done game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.