SHOT STICK ON PS3

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 NDAlum @ 10/05/10 10:49 PM
Hold LT + RT

# 182 gocubs526 @ 10/05/10 11:50 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to get to the rim? I'm having a lot of trouble getting by my man and need some go to moves.

# 183 WTF @ 10/06/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Hold LT + RT
Seriously? This is it? If so... then thanks man. I feel ignorant.

# 184 dragonsruleme @ 10/06/10 01:33 AM
I can't seem to be able to step back jumpers and spin jumpers in the game, I can do them with Kobe but no one else. Has anyone got any tips on how to pull these off with regularity?

# 185 jeebs9 @ 10/06/10 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Seriously? This is it? If so... then thanks man. I feel ignorant.
Don't say that. We all are ignorant to a point. lol

Post up moves...Who are you guys playing?

I still can do every post move in the game expect....The pivot.

# 186 edaddy @ 10/06/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs526
Does anyone have any tips on how to get to the rim? I'm having a lot of trouble getting by my man and need some go to moves.
ditto I am having the same problem I cant seem to shake my defender or just blow past him to the rack even with elite guards with speed and quickness....any tips?

# 187 Uncle Way @ 10/06/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
ditto I am having the same problem I cant seem to shake my defender or just blow past him to the rack even with elite guards with speed and quickness....any tips?

Size up, pick a direction and drive that way..
If the initial drive is blocked, hold LT and cross over the other way
If they body you up off of the crossover, spin away from the contact..

Rinse and Repeat...

# 188 swaldo @ 10/06/10 03:54 PM
Can someone explain to me how to perform a reverse dribble? I know you can do it because it's shown at 1:35-1:43 in this video of 2K11...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2Ep...layer_embedded

When I try a spin move it seems momentum carries me too much and generally the move takes too long (and you can't pull off a spin unless you're moving.) Sometimes I just want to quickly turn 180 degrees and change hands & direction whether I'm stationary or not, is there any way to do this?

Also, here's a youtube vid of some guy explaining this at 0:55 to 1:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYsImCOkmV0

# 189 ehh @ 10/06/10 10:05 PM
There are several different kinds of spins based on a number of variables at the time you try to pull off a spin. Even with Kobe or MJ you get slow spins (which is great IMO). Plus most guys aren't athletic or agile enough to pull of a move with the speed that Wade does in that vid.

# 190 joel0078 @ 10/06/10 11:26 PM
I'm in practice on bcast cam. I'm looking for a tip as to what "dribbling across the basket means"? I'm trying to pull off the spin jumper and it seems no matter what I do or where I do it from, I can't get it. Any ideas?

# 191 Skyboxer @ 10/06/10 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
I'm in practice on bcast cam. I'm looking for a tip as to what "dribbling across the basket means"? I'm trying to pull off the spin jumper and it seems no matter what I do or where I do it from, I can't get it. Any ideas?
I didn't think bcast cam was available in practice mode..??
Anyways dribbling across basket means across the lane where the basket is to you left or right (depending which way you are going)

# 192 ehh @ 10/06/10 11:41 PM
I couldn't get those to work at all in the demo but they work just fine in the retail for me. For the spin jumpers it doesn't really matter how you're moving as long as it's not directly towards the rim. Just press the shotstick in the opposite direction you're moving and you should get that dope move.

# 193 joel0078 @ 10/06/10 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I didn't think bcast cam was available in practice mode..??
Anyways dribbling across basket means across the lane where the basket is to you left or right (depending which way you are going)

You're right, sorry. I meant "press".

# 194 joel0078 @ 10/06/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I couldn't get those to work at all in the demo but they work just fine in the retail for me. For the spin jumpers it doesn't really matter how you're moving as long as it's not directly towards the rim. Just press the shotstick in the opposite direction you're moving and you should get that dope move.
Dammmmm......I got it and you're right about that dope move. That spin is nasty!!

# 195 joel0078 @ 10/06/10 11:56 PM
question about signature gathers....I'm pulling them off with the y button, but i'm having trouble extending the jumper to make it look natural after the gather is executed...its like i get the gather down, hit the shot stick and theres a delay in between the time the gather finishes and the time the shot goes up.. any help?

# 196 ehh @ 10/07/10 12:10 AM
If I'm doing a sig gather and then a jumper I press Y and then immediately hit the shot stick - before the sig gather is finished. So the RS is moved while the sig gather animation plays out. Using that method I haven't experienced the hitch/delay you're describing.

# 197 ehh @ 10/07/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Dammmmm......I got it and you're right about that dope move. That spin is nasty!!
Yup, these are great on the baseline esp with good big men. Probably my favorite move to do with Amare!

# 198 joel0078 @ 10/07/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yup, these are great on the baseline esp with good big men. Probably my favorite move to do with Amare!
Lovin Amare on the knicks! He's a beast with those moves.

# 199 jeebs9 @ 10/07/10 10:32 AM
You guys talking about the black toroando

# 200 sanghai2 @ 10/07/10 10:38 AM
Anyone know how to do an up and under after a step through move? Like the one DH did in the Magic-Nuggets video.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.