SHOT STICK ON PS3

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 jeebs9 @ 10/07/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghai2
Anyone know how to do an up and under after a step through move? Like the one DH did in the Magic-Nuggets video.
Thats the one move I can't do consistently for some reason. If I try doing it 5 times. I might do it 2 times.

Basically what you do is after the step through. Hold down L2 and point the shoot stick in opposite direction.

# 202 amedawg00 @ 10/07/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Thats the one move I can't do consistently for some reason. If I try doing it 5 times. I might do it 2 times.

Basically what you do is after the step through. Hold down L2 and point the shoot stick in opposite direction.
Ditto for me...this move has me tearing my hair out...The flick shots of LT+RS, RS is too inconsistent. I wonder if this step through move is camera relative or absolute with regard to where the post up is initiated from; if it is just RS up, RS up regardless of where you are facing. I have triggered it a few times but it didnt feel on command at all.

# 203 jeebs9 @ 10/07/10 12:35 PM
I'm going to put in a few more pracitice sessions break down if I'm doing something wrong.

# 204 amedawg00 @ 10/07/10 12:47 PM
Quote:
I'm going to put in a few more pracitice sessions break down if I'm doing something wrong.
sounds good..make sure to report back and share the knowledge...lol. I've practice and got all of the post moves but this one. Big All Jefferson will need to perform this move on command in our league...lol.

Im inclined to guess that the break down is occurring with the release of LT during the RS up, RS, up.

# 205 jeebs9 @ 10/07/10 12:49 PM
^^Exactly^^

# 206 Skyboxer @ 10/07/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Same here. I started a practice Association and so far I've found out:
1: I'm still thinking to much and not just "doing it"
2: I wish I never played 2K10
3: I need more practice time

# 207 jeebs9 @ 10/07/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
LMAO!! I can't agree more!

But man I always look at it like "To get to here we had to be some where else before". I don't hate 2k10 one bit. I played it since the day I got it. until I got 2k11.

# 208 blackout78 @ 10/07/10 10:28 PM
Nice...thanks!!

# 209 gamemaster-2005 @ 10/08/10 08:01 AM
thanks a must print

# 210 Rawdeal28 @ 10/08/10 08:56 AM
where is this PDF manual some people are speaking that u can download from 2k?

# 211 frostbyte06 @ 10/08/10 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
where is this PDF manual some people are speaking that u can download from 2k?
Go to link below and then select the system you want it for.

http://www.2ksports.com/manual/nba2k11/

# 212 jeebs9 @ 10/08/10 10:57 AM
^^The link is going up and down so don't be discouraged when it doesn't come up the first time.^^

# 213 amedawg00 @ 10/08/10 11:45 AM
Quote:

I can do it on command now, but you have to know that it can be defended if properly timed by the post defender.

You have to hold LT and quick spam tap the right stick twice in various directions, and you get an array of moves. But if you neutral the right stick just after letting go of LT, then press the right stick, the pivots and fakes are slower but has a higher chance of fooling the defender.

I think this is the method that 2K would prefer people to score in the paint, because as of now, when you try to get straight up, a contact animation is nearly a given. This is how to avoid the contact animation, and finish in the paint, because you do not have to initiate it with a post up.

For example, a good use of this is facing up your defender, jab step, jab step, then drive, while holding LT, and use RS+RS in various directions. This game is so deep with these Flick shots, because, perimeter players can do them as well. Great for getting off your shots against jumpy defenses looking for highlight blocks all of the time...lol.

# 214 TeeDogg @ 10/08/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
LOL i agree 100%. the more i quit trying to do what i did in 2k10 the better i get. one thing that is helping me is im finding i dont need the iso and andvanced moves as much as i thought. Im abusing people with MJ doing basic momentum crossovers, step back and driving layups. once i got comfortable with that i found it was less stressfull trying to remeber how to chain iso moves together. now some of the iso stuff is becoming second nature because i only use it when i realy want to. im lso getting much better at creating driving lanes. it just not as simple as stutter then drive or isomove then drive(2k10). this game is so deep, in 3 months once all the moves are second nature it will make for one SICK gaming eperience.

# 215 jeebs9 @ 10/08/10 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
I can do it on command now, but you have to know that it can be defended if properly timed by the post defender.

You have to hold LT and quick spam tap the right stick twice in various directions, and you get an array of moves. But if you neutral the right stick just after letting go of LT, then press the right stick, the pivots and fakes are slower but has a higher chance of fooling the defender.

I think this is the method that 2K would prefer people to score in the paint, because as of now, when you try to get straight up, a contact animation is nearly a given. This is how to avoid the contact animation, and finish in the paint, because you do not have to initiate it with a post up.

For example, a good use of this is facing up your defender, jab step, jab step, then drive, while holding LT, and use RS+RS in various directions. This game is so deep with these Flick shots, because, perimeter players can do them as well. Great for getting off your shots against jumpy defenses looking for highlight blocks all of the time...lol.

NICE!! I'll give that a try tonight!! Thanks!!

# 216 ruxpinke @ 10/08/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
NICE!! I'll give that a try tonight!! Thanks!!

Dont know if anyone has this capability..but it would be great to see a vid of some of these moves..so we could know if we were actually pulling them off correctly.

# 217 Rawdeal28 @ 10/08/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
Go to link below and then select the system you want it for.

http://www.2ksports.com/manual/nba2k11/
Quote:
^^The link is going up and down so don't be discouraged when it doesn't come up the first time.^^
thank u kind sir's! lol

# 218 HarryDickman @ 10/08/10 02:35 PM
Is there a Manual drop step move in this game? I keep seeing the cpu using drop steps without being posted up

# 219 Rawdeal28 @ 10/08/10 02:42 PM
why in the world couldnt 2k include slider descriptions in the manual like they did with 2k9?? smh

its really only a couple sliders i have questions about, most of them are self explanatory.

# 220 OSUFan_88 @ 10/08/10 02:45 PM
Trying to do the quick spin in the post for me is, for some reason, really difficult. It seems like I can only do it to one side and usually I cannot even get around the defender with Amar'e. If I do get around the defender, I'm under the basket and in no-man's land.

Which reminds me, how do you do the his quick spin? I saw ehh do it a few times in his videos and cannot figure it out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.