SHOT STICK ON PS3

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Pared @ 10/08/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDickman
Is there a Manual drop step move in this game? I keep seeing the cpu using drop steps without being posted up
Pull one of the triggers with your back to the basket, IIRC.

And yes, I know you said "without being posted up."

# 222 jeebs9 @ 10/08/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
Dont know if anyone has this capability..but it would be great to see a vid of some of these moves..so we could know if we were actually pulling them off correctly.
You came to the righ place...I love making Reels!! lol

# 223 ruxpinke @ 10/08/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
awesome. Id love to see what some of these double flick post moves look like.

# 224 blklightning @ 10/08/10 04:14 PM
someone needs to make a tutorial video during a game. i find myself putting up threes all the time because i can't drive into the paint on anyone with anyone. imo, default pro shouldn't be like driving into a brick wall of defenders. i'm all for a challenge, but this seems a bit ridiculous so far.

# 225 thawarrior @ 10/08/10 04:36 PM
oops wrong thread

# 226 blklightning @ 10/08/10 04:44 PM
when i change everything to absolute, what movements are away, towards, etc? is down on the right stick away, or is it left? also, the camera angle doesn't affect this, right?

# 227 frostbyte06 @ 10/08/10 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Shoot while you're at it go ahead and include some examples of these "branching" moves that you're supposed to be able to do out of the 'long gather" euro-step lay-ups and spin dunks.

# 228 TeeDogg @ 10/08/10 09:52 PM
dont sleep on the left stick behind the back crossover. no triggers, no turbo. very effective once you get the defender on his heels

# 229 BodyBump @ 10/08/10 10:54 PM
Guys how do you use the patented MJ fake half-spin then fadeaway shot?

# 230 rawdog805 @ 10/08/10 10:58 PM
i cant do a freakin behind the back dribble to save my life...

# 231 sanghai2 @ 10/08/10 11:21 PM
I posted this in another thread, but anyway...

Is it just me, or in the post moves practice gym, the offensive player doesn't want to back down into the defender BEFORE the pass? So basically, the offensive player just stands there waiting for the ball, without actually being backed into the defender. This complicates things as you cannot perform any moves that require you to have the ball in both hands. This didn't occur in 2k10, although sometimes the offensive player just stood there, most of the time he backed into the defender. So just me?

# 232 Pitfighter87 @ 10/09/10 01:14 AM
I dont see why so many people are cryin about the controls. I LOVE the way the control scheme is with LS dribble and RS shot stick.I would not play 2k if they took these 2 things away because it gives the user a ton of control and lets you do what you wanna do with the ability to pull of tons of beautiful combos.In 2k10 sometimes the moves didnt feel responsive but that was only from time 2 time.Now i can pull of any kinda of step back to cross to stepback combo etc with the way u can chain moves together this year.People just need to learn the moves .When i first bought the game on Monday night at midnight i spent my first 4 hours in the practice gym practicin and wow did the game reward me. If it was as easy as some people are wantin the game would get old and dull fast.Love the controls this year i have figured out a TON of moves. If your needin help with any or would like to know a few new tricks please feel free to ask.I love this game........

# 233 ehh @ 10/09/10 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Trying to do the quick spin in the post for me is, for some reason, really difficult. It seems like I can only do it to one side and usually I cannot even get around the defender with Amar'e. If I do get around the defender, I'm under the basket and in no-man's land.

Which reminds me, how do you do the his quick spin? I saw ehh do it a few times in his videos and cannot figure it out.
You can only do the quick spin toward the baseline, OSU. Just make sure you are initiated in a post up with out having dribbled. Hold the LS towards the baseline and pull the LT. Really a very simple move to pull off, just gotta make sure that you have those two prerequisites met. You can do the quick spin while dribbling as well but I find it far less effective.

LS towards halfcourt in the same situation (without having dribbled) will give you the Sikma step/step through like this:

So if you pause that vid at :03 and see the position I'm in:

1. If I LS towards half court and press LT I do the move you see above.
2. If I LS towards the baseline and press LT I get the quick spin below.

# 234 ggsimmonds @ 10/09/10 04:37 AM
Is there a way to call for an alleyoop in myplayer?

# 235 Stickz24 @ 10/09/10 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
for some reason Iso sucks this year. When trying to spin and put the ball behind back you end up doing something else half the time. My thumb hurts.
.....To spin the ball behind you back .. dont use the shot stick. just turbo and a half circle.

# 236 Stickz24 @ 10/09/10 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
someone needs to make a tutorial video during a game. i find myself putting up threes all the time because i can't drive into the paint on anyone with anyone. imo, default pro shouldn't be like driving into a brick wall of defenders. i'm all for a challenge, but this seems a bit ridiculous so far.
Just run through the tutorials and play on a low level difficulty. Give urself time to figure out the offball control stuff. picks etc. as sim should be .. ull be fine. I do well w ROndo .. so its not impossible. the maneuvering part is the most satisfying part of the game. try skybox view .. zoom 10 height 7 .. itll give you a better view of the court

# 237 HarryDickman @ 10/09/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Pull one of the triggers with your back to the basket, IIRC.

And yes, I know you said "without being posted up."
Thanks man!

# 238 JerzeyReign @ 10/09/10 11:22 AM
This has probably been discussed in this thread but I'm lazy right now and can't read thru 26 pages of conversation. My dilemma: My release point is perfect. I know this because I turn on the jumpshot thing that let's you know how your release was. My train of thought is that sliders play a bigger role, almost like predetermined outcomes, because no matter if I hit 10 "perfect" jumpers in a row only 2 or 3 are falling. Is shot stick timing also being based on real life percentages as well. Or is it the sliders playing a bigger role in 2k11? Playing on HOF sim BTW...

# 239 ggsimmonds @ 10/09/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeperCheck
The hardest post-move for me to execute is the up and under...
After you start the pumpfake release L2 or LT, then move the stick again yo finish the move.

# 240 lord meth @ 10/09/10 05:33 PM
Why is it so hard to drive in this game?? Some advice would be nice..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.