NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 str8stuntin03 @ 09/21/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
Why do you say that? I would like more variation in the animation, but Zebo is a beast. I don't necessarily find that unrealistic. If you can do it all game without the AI adjusting that's a problem.
Up and unders go in way too much.Its everyone favorite and only post move. I hope its tuned down in the retail version. Thats my only gripe with the game as far as right now

# 22 esilk @ 09/21/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
You sure? Viewing it on iPod touch right now. In any event you should be able to get all OS vids. On the YouTube page mroperationsports.
Video working now

# 23 lv2bll @ 09/21/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Why do you say that? I would like more variation in the animation, but Zebo is a beast. I don't necessarily find that unrealistic. If you can do it all game without the AI adjusting that's a problem.
i know zach is a walking double double but whoever the user was that was the go to move and he put buckets on two double teams. get a guy like d12 and thats 30 a night.

But it is the same build as the other two gameplay vids so i cant look too much into it, we can tell cause all the cross court passing and long bombs that weren't even tipped. In the demo you throw a bad pass and its an instant turnover.

Presentation was great, commentery ig good animations are good, plays are good, too many good things to say.

two more weeks people!!!two more weeks!!!
god i wished someone in so-cal sells early

# 24 rudeworld @ 09/21/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
PM me an example link please.
im too sure but did the players go to the scorers table before coming in??

# 25 rudeworld @ 09/21/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
too many zach randolph up and unders!!!
lol that how hommie plays

# 26 Self313 @ 09/21/10 02:01 PM
the blazers are looking good in this vid tho I cant even front

# 27 kpax1º1 @ 09/21/10 02:05 PM
Quote:
You don't see a problem if you can't bring the ball up court, throw it into Z-bo, Gay or Mayo then call a play?

Conley does initiate the offense at times, but he's not Steve Nash. The offense runs through Gay, Mayo and Randolph. In Live 10 you could bring the ball up with your point guard, pass it to any player on the court, then call your play from any where on the court.

It was a great system of calling plays, the ai teammates executed succinctly and it looked realistic. Right now it looks like you can only call basic quick plays with any play anywhere on the court. I hope that's not the case. You shouldn't have to run to a blue circle on the court with your PG to get a play started. It's an antiquated system to me.

I'm sure they are improved, but I'm still not feeling the play calling system based on what I've seen. It's too rigid and not dynamic and free flowing enough.
If you check the video again you can see that B-Roy is running the offense with the Blazers.

# 28 Airmaxpenny1 @ 09/21/10 02:05 PM
OJ mayo was basically nonexistent lol

# 29 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:06 PM
I see what oO is talking about. You can see that there a few plays where he has the ball in other players hands other than Conley. But the ball has to come back in to Conely hands to start the play.

# 30 kpax1º1 @ 09/21/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I see what oO is talking about. You can see that there a few plays where he has the ball in other players hands other than Conley. But the ball has to come back in to Conely hands to start the play.
Oh I see then oO don't mind my previous post.

# 31 Self313 @ 09/21/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
You don't see a problem if you can't bring the ball up court, throw it into Z-bo, Gay or Mayo then call a play?

Conley does initiate the offense at times, but he's not Steve Nash. The offense runs through Gay, Mayo and Randolph. In Live 10 you could bring the ball up with your point guard, pass it to any player on the court, then call your play from any where on the court. It was a great system of calling plays, the ai teammates executed succinctly and it looked realistic. Right now it looks like you can only call basic quick plays with any play anywhere on the court. I hope that's not the case.

I'm sure they are improved, but I'm still not feeling the play calling system based on what I've seen. It's too rigid and not dynamic and free flowing enough.
Na I dont see the issue

When OJ or Rudy bring the ball up the court its usually a pick and roll or isolation that follows... Conley just initiates the offense hes not a big part of it tho. He gets them in position to do there 1-2... Its just what goes on IRL. I mean how else are you goin to give Rudy Gay the ball in block? Or how else would OJ Mayo come around screens... would you rely on Rudy Gay to hit a cutter (since they are talkin about the improved passing). I wouldnt I just saw him play in Fiba and his ball handling is terrible..

I get your gripe but you gotta understand that everybody is not Lebron, everybody is not Iggy or Tayshaun or so many other point forward hybrids in the league. Turk can play multiple positions too but when he was with the magic didnt Jameer bring the ball up the court?

# 32 rudeworld @ 09/21/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
maybe the user is calling plays that start with Conely.

# 33 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
maybe the user is calling plays that start with Conely.
That might be the case.

One pass thats bothering me. Was when LA gets double teammed. Oden (does what he suppose to) and fills the lane (cuts right to the basket). LA (does what he is suppose to) and makes the pass right on time. But the ball goes right through his hands even though Oden is wide open.

# 34 Brew @ 09/21/10 02:14 PM
That bus entrance is going to get old real quick... especially with every player Ive seen wearing the same suit!

# 35 Self313 @ 09/21/10 02:15 PM
I get what you're sayin

and yeah it is... like in the Jazz system they had the 25 (cant remember the name)

thats shooting guard and center... but it still has to be orchestrated by the pg... thats the pgs job... BUT, Im pretty sure the blazers have sets where Miller starts the play other than Roy... they have to... or that would hurt the realism for me too

so yeah I dig ya lol

# 36 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
That bus entrance is going to get old real quick... especially with every player Ive seen wearing the same suit!
There are different opening scenes for each team. It won't be the same every single time.

# 37 rudeworld @ 09/21/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
To my knowledge the Blazers are cpu controlled and that doesn't answer my question.

Can you initiate plays with players other than the PG?

Are there plays in most every team's playbook which are initiated by someone other than the PG?

This run to a circle with your PG stuff doesn't make sense to me. That is not how the Grizz run their offense. This game is so well done anything that doesn't look or feel right sticks out like a sore thumb and the playcalling right now is irking me, hopefully I'm wrong.
more than likely, like I said before the user is controlling what he wants to call. He looks like he is just choosing to run the offense starting with the rock in Conley/PG hand

# 38 Self313 @ 09/21/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
That might be the case.

One pass thats bothering me. Was when LA gets double teammed. Oden (does what he suppose to) and fills the lane (cuts right to the basket). LA (does what he is suppose to) and makes the pass right on time. But the ball goes right through his hands even though Oden is wide open.
I saw it the same way, I chalked it up to LA's passing rating

# 39 jeebs9 @ 09/21/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
It's not about everyone being LeBron. I want to be able to bring the ball up the court, pass it immediately to Mayo, Gay or Z-bo then make the call for a special iso or whatever.

Hopefully we can do that instead of having to pass to the PG first, run to a special blue circle then pass to Mayo, Gay or Z-bo.
Exactly that just waste a lot of time off the clock.

# 40 Eman5805 @ 09/21/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaxpenny1
OJ mayo was basically nonexistent lol
I know. It's so true to life.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.