Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gamasutra has some new info on the lawsuit.

Quote:
"A U.S. district judge has certified a class-action anti-trust lawsuit against Electronic Arts that alleges the company illegally inflated prices for its football titles after attaining exclusive rights to league licenses.

In a 67-page complaint [PDF], the legal team specifically cites the 2004 pricing battle between Sega and Take-Two's NFL2K5, which retailed for just $19.95, and EA's Madden NFL 2005, which was lowered from a $49.95 asking price to $29.95 in November of that year.

A month after this price decrease, EA signed its exclusive licensing deal with the NFL, following with similar deals for the NCAA and Arena Football leagues in later months. The next year's Madden NFL 2006 faced no competition in the football game market at its usual $49.95 price point."

Gamespot chimes in as well.

Quote:
"We believe EA forced consumers to pay an artificial premium on Madden NFL video games" Berman continued. "We intend to prove that EA could inflate prices on their sports titles because these exclusive licenses restrained trade and competition for interactive sports software."

What do you think happens, out of all this?

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 JaymeeAwesome @ 11/13/13 09:52 PM
The bank teller looked at me funny when cashing it. It doesn't give you a place to sign.

# 222 runback22 @ 11/14/13 08:07 AM
Got my check for $68 in time for the ps4. After seeing how the "next gen" madden looks on ps4, they wont be getting their money back from me.

# 223 Dos_Santos @ 11/14/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Per the Website:
Valid claims for the purchase of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football videogames for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, PC, or GameCube platforms (“Sixth Generation Purchasers”) will be valued at $20.37 per new game purchased, up to a total of eight units ($162.96).

Valid claims for the purchase of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football videogames for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or Wii platforms (“Seventh Generation Purchasers”) will be valued at $5.85 per new game purchased, up to a total of eight units ($46.80).
Is this the reasoning for two separate checks being issued? Last gen and current gen?

I received one for $128.28 and wondering if I should be on the lookout for another.

# 224 MrBill @ 11/15/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelios7
Im assuming that my check is lost in the mail. I called the Gillardi & Co and they said it was mailed on the 31st. Awesome. Thank you USPS.

I called today and got the info I needed to request a new check to be sent out. Im sure that wont take long...lol.
What number did you call? I can't find one that will let me speak with a person.

# 225 murph17 @ 01/14/14 03:49 PM
finally got mine. went to old address, had to get it reissued.

$43.77

ehh...should have padded those numbers a little

# 226 Mick-S @ 01/14/14 04:51 PM
what worries me about all this is we could end up with no game at all, already lost NCAA, Madden could be next.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.