Home
DiRT 3 News Post

InsideSimRacing has posted this video interview with Paul Coleman, the Producer of DiRT 3. They talk about the subtle differences between DiRT 2 and DiRT 3, as well as the obvious changes, like the addition of Gymkhana.

Game: DiRT 3Reader Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
DiRT 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jms493 @ 02/10/11 12:11 PM
Sweet cant wait!!

# 2 LucianoJJ @ 02/10/11 12:16 PM

Good to hear this guy has taken DiRT 3 back to its rally roots. I prefer the CMR games to the direction of the first 2 DiRT games.

Jessica Lopez FTW!

# 3 JMD @ 02/10/11 05:58 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game. I liked Dirt 1 more than Dirt 2 and it looks like Dirt 3 is going to be the best of both.

# 4 lnin0 @ 02/10/11 06:06 PM
Physics "stepped back" to ease the learning curve. An odd choice considering how much they are going on about making the game more about rally racing ... a driving style not popular with lamestream gamers.

4 enviros - 8 routes each = 32 total rally races

More rally than DiRT2...but don't think 'most' rally of any CMR game. Sounds a bit underwhelming when compared to the number of environments in the later CMR games. I think he mentioned 100+ tracks in the game so still leaves a big chunk that isn't rally.

Finland, Norway, Michigan and Kenya

Most of the bases are cover - gravel, snow, dirt and safari. I am sure they will throw some asphalt stages in here and there but missing is a pure asphalt rally like Japan or France.

No dynamic weather / day cycle - based on each track

"A stage could have three different weather conditions associated with it. However, that stage will only ever hold that one condition because our stages are shorter, and we want to give a feeling of progressing through a rally event." [from Eurogamer]

# 5 VDusen04 @ 02/16/11 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Physics "stepped back" to ease the learning curve. An odd choice considering how much they are going on about making the game more about rally racing ... a driving style not popular with lamestream gamers.

4 enviros - 8 routes each = 32 total rally races

More rally than DiRT2...but don't think 'most' rally of any CMR game. Sounds a bit underwhelming when compared to the number of environments in the later CMR games. I think he mentioned 100+ tracks in the game so still leaves a big chunk that isn't rally.

Finland, Norway, Michigan and Kenya

Most of the bases are cover - gravel, snow, dirt and safari. I am sure they will throw some asphalt stages in here and there but missing is a pure asphalt rally like Japan or France.

No dynamic weather / day cycle - based on each track

"A stage could have three different weather conditions associated with it. However, that stage will only ever hold that one condition because our stages are shorter, and we want to give a feeling of progressing through a rally event." [from Eurogamer]
Hey, I couldn't watch the video, but I was wondering if I could get some specificity. When you say 4 enviros and 8 routes each, does that mean 8 different locations? Or does that mean like, a Michigan track has 8 different types of routes, while all taking place in the same general Michigan spot?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.