Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The first extended look at MLB 2K11 gameplay footage pitting the Philadelphia Phillies at the Colorado Rockies in the top of the 8th inning.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ChaseB @ 02/25/11 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Are you going to write a preview article?
Yeah, just won't be published until Monday most likely.

# 142 BlackBetty15 @ 02/25/11 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Thank goodness brother...I am really anxious to hear an actual hands on other than what ronnie has presented. I always look forward to your reviews. One question Chase, and it is soooo general. Is this years 2k11 leaps and bounds over 2k10?

# 143 ChaseB @ 02/25/11 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Thank goodness brother...I am really anxious to hear an actual hands on other than what ronnie has presented. I always look forward to your reviews. One question Chase, and it is soooo general. Is this years 2k11 leaps and bounds over 2k10?
I have no idea at this point. Wouldn't be fair to say either way after half of one game.

# 144 jeffy777 @ 02/25/11 09:09 PM
Quote:
Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
So how are you going to write a review on the game this weekend?
Preview, not review.

# 145 ChaseB @ 02/25/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I know I am just giving him a hard time.
Ha you were giving that other USER a hard time, not me.

I actually have a question for you guys. I have not played MLB 2K10 in quite some time, but during day games in 2K10 did the infield look sort of wet still from the grounds crew watering it down before the start of the game?

# 146 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/25/11 09:39 PM
Quote:

I actually have a question for you guys. I have not played MLB 2K10 in quite some time, but during day games in 2K10 did the infield look sort of wet still from the grounds crew watering it down before the start of the game?
If I recall correctly, yes.

Check the demo of 2k10. It's the sme wet and dry in some places look.

# 147 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/25/11 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Chase which game seemed like more ""fun" 2k or the competition?
Come on man. You really think hrs gonna answer that question? Why would he answr that question in this thread? That sort of discussion if for the baseball other thread.

# 148 jeffy777 @ 02/25/11 10:03 PM
Quote:

Yes, but I think it depends on the ballpark/stadium. It seems like some looked like that and some didn't.

# 149 ChaseB @ 02/26/11 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yes, but I think it depends on the ballpark/stadium. It seems like some looked like that and some didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
If I recall correctly, yes.

Check the demo of 2k10. It's the sme wet and dry in some places look.
Fair enough, thanks for the comments.

# 150 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/26/11 04:22 PM
You got it, happy to help.

# 151 hurdinator @ 02/26/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
Some of you people amaze me on here. How can you expect them to show you everything they have talked about in a ten minute video of actual game footage? Think about your complaints for a second before you type them in this box...

I would say this video fits the description from several of the gaming sites and their previews. Basically 2k10, with some improved models, lighting, cameras, etc.

I am realistic and realize that what I saw isn't the complete product and in all honesty i liked what I saw so far. Let's wait for some more videos and a demo before you bring out the comments to the level of this improvement or not.
You tell it brother!

# 152 Kernel Pie @ 02/27/11 07:59 PM
I'm disappointed they did not fix the swing animation in the replays. The home run swing was downright fugly just like 2k10.

Also did not like the hop-to-throw animation in left center, or the lazy walking-back-to-the dugout animation after scoring a run--no high-five?

I liked how the pitcher grimaced after giving up the slam and the new view of the ball flight off of the bat.

Thankfully they fixed the batter animations in between pitches--that was the worst presentation problem in 2k10. Now at least they finish their movements without the magic flash doing it for them.

All in all, judging from this small sample, I'm gonna say that the replays and the atmospheric animations will be horrible again.

But the real-time game itself (pitching, hitting, and fielding), will be greatly improved. Looks promising, but not standing ovation worthy.

# 153 gopadres @ 03/01/11 12:19 PM
I am just blown away by the commentary...it sounds fresh and alive! I feel like I'm listening to real broadcast. Presentation, atmosphere, and audio are fantastic!! Listen to the crowd with the tieing run on base, and then later in the inning after the GS it settles back down. That's what a playoff game should sound like.

# 154 bighou @ 03/15/11 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
coming from a show fan, I love how you can see the ball leave the bat after contact in the 2k series.
I wish the show had that instead of cutting right to the fielding camera after immediate contact.
You see, now that's what I'm talking about. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! If the show had this, it would be 100% PERFECT. Now only if 2k would take that rediculous Pitch Meter (MAX) crap away and off the screen, then MLB2k11 would be darn near perfect in my eyes. In my best Herman Edwards voice, HELLO game designers, you make the game like we see it on TV. HELLO!!!!!

There are a million of ESPN highlights you can steal from to get exact real life Baseball animations. THERE ARE NO EXCUSES MLB2K11 and MLB:THE SHOW 11.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.