Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.
  • No arbitration system in place in Franchise mode

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeffy777 @ 02/27/11 04:31 PM
Sounds good. Thanks Chase

# 2 Watson @ 02/27/11 04:34 PM
Thank You kindly for the update

# 3 hitstreak13 @ 02/27/11 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.
Chase, what do you mean by how they are doing (second bullet point)? Do the players rehab? Are there any setbacks? etc. I appreciate you taking time and giving us some info. Bummed about the no arbitration, but oh well. Still looking good.

# 4 ChaseB @ 02/27/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Chase, what do you mean by how they are doing (second bullet point)? Do the players rehab? Are there any setbacks? etc. I appreciate you taking time and giving us some info. Bummed about the no arbitration, but oh well. Still looking good.
I can't recall if there is a need for rehab or not. But basically just if the guy is day to day or whatever. There can be setbacks if you play through the injury.

# 5 hitstreak13 @ 02/27/11 05:01 PM
Quote:
I can't recall if there is a need for rehab or not. But basically just if the guy is day to day or whatever. There can be setbacks if you play through the injury.
Sweet! Thank you. This will be the first baseball game to implement reoccuring injuries. I really like this idea as it is going to add tremendous strategy to franchise mode. I really can't wait to try this out. Actually, I can't wait until your preview. Midnight maybe?

# 6 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/27/11 05:43 PM
Is the game better than last year, overall?

# 7 Glenn33 @ 02/27/11 06:22 PM
I can't wait. Thanks for the info.

# 8 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/27/11 07:12 PM
Nice chase. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

# 9 blkprince04 @ 02/27/11 07:36 PM
thanks chase...i'm excited to hear what you have to say about the game.....

# 10 JBH3 @ 02/27/11 09:06 PM
Quote:

I wasn't expecting there to be any arbitration, but injuries sure do look to be polished.

Are there a fair/realistic amount of pitcher injuries?

These have been few and far between in past 2K Baseball titles.

# 11 jeffy777 @ 02/27/11 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I wasn't expecting there to be any arbitration, but injuries sure do look to be polished.

Are there a fair/realistic amount of pitcher injuries?

These have been few and far between in past 2K Baseball titles.
I'll never forget the day my brother started his 2K8 franchise and Carlos Zambrano took a line drive straight to the dome on Opening Day and was out with a head injury

I've always played with injuries turned off, but it sounds like I'll definitely be keeping them on this year.

# 12 BigHouse14 @ 02/27/11 10:37 PM
Excellent, very excited to read the review.

Can you (or anyone) expand on Franchise mode? Are Online Leagues just a single year? There doesn't seem to be a lot of information flowing about franchise.

# 13 RGmoney @ 02/27/11 10:49 PM
Loving what I'm hearing about the injury system this year. Man, we go from no in-game injuries last year to this. If it works as they intend it too... I'm a happy camper.

Everything I've read so far that they said they worked on (in-game injuries, errors, etc...), was stuff I had issues with last year.

Looking forward to your writeup Chase.

# 14 SoxFan01605 @ 02/27/11 11:53 PM
Love the way the injury system sounds. I like that the situational splits will be right there from the jump. 2K's always been good about stat depth, and it's nice to see it front and center.

Looking forward to Chase's preview and the demo.

# 15 JBH3 @ 02/27/11 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Hope this doesn't become something overly frequent because they want to show off a new feature.
....but injuries are or can be overly frequent...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I'll never forget the day my brother started his 2K8 franchise and Carlos Zambrano took a line drive straight to the dome on Opening Day and was out with a head injury

I've always played with injuries turned off, but it sounds like I'll definitely be keeping them on this year.
Which was probably the only injury suffered by a pitcher for that entire season of his franchise.

# 16 Dazraz @ 02/28/11 03:35 AM
Like the attention giving to injuries. One of the biggest decisions coaches have to make is to decide on how to utilise players carrying minor knocks knowing that a bigger injury may be the result.

# 17 BlackBetty15 @ 02/28/11 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
....but injuries are or can be overly frequent...?

Which was probably the only injury suffered by a pitcher for that entire season of his franchise.
aaaaaaaaannnnnd...lest we forget there is the new and all inclusive injury slider!

# 18 Blazzen @ 02/28/11 08:13 AM
Arbitration would've been nice. Does the "other" game have that? Not a deal breaker either way.

Injury system sounds very improved. Makes having those super utility players and bench depth more important. Think I'm going to miss Omar Infante this year...but maybe not if I'm cranking out 30HR with Uggla

# 19 Blitzburgh @ 02/28/11 08:52 AM
Can we find out what build the demo will be and how much better will the final product be on release day? Basically is there anything more graphically or animation wise that we can expect in the final build? thank you.

# 20 DickDalewood @ 02/28/11 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Great to hear about the injuries being real time.
Yah, that's very cool.

Man... I really hope I'm impressed by the demo tomorrow... I would LOVE to get two baseball games this year!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.