Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

IGN has just posted the top rated teams, hitter, fielder, pitcher, and most improved player in MLB 11 The Show. They have also included some new screenshots.

Top-Rated Teams: Yankees and Red Sox
Top Hitter: Albert Pujols
Top Fielder: Ichiro Suzuki
Top Pitcher: Ubaldo Jimenez
Most Improved: Carlos Gonzalez

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Raskal @ 02/28/11 09:19 PM
I have no idea how they come up with the overall Defense ratings. I'm sorry but how are the Red Sox and Yankess the number 1-2 Defensive teams in the league. I'm not saying they're bad defensively but c'mon.

It feels like the Gold Glove awards here, rewarding mediocre defenses based on their offensive prowess.

# 42 FourAces2635 @ 02/28/11 09:24 PM
I know Russell said something about control or something being what put Ubaldo ahead of Halladay... but Halladay only walked 30 guys in close to or over 250 innings... (i forget) So shouldn't he have the better control?

I'm also curious to see how Hamels is rated... he was the best pitcher (lefty) in the second half last year and he really sharpened up his breaking pitches. I know its a marathon and not a sprint but if you take out 3 bad starts in april he has a 2.68 era and give him some runs and he has 20 wins...

That said I think we weren't #1 because of Lidge, the middle relief, and the fact that Rollin's ratings are probably going to go down because of the injuries.

# 43 Raskal @ 02/28/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourAces2635
That said I think we weren't #1 because of Lidge, the middle relief, and the fact that Rollin's ratings are probably going to go down because of the injuries.
This and you lost Werth, who is being replaced by a raw/unproven D.Brown who will have lesser ratings for the time being.

# 44 burds13 @ 02/28/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Somewhere in S.D. a group of men sit back smiling at the chaos they provoke every year.
It never gets old.

M.K.
Knight165
Can't wait until the Yanks get old. I wonder if it'll ever happen?

Sucks to be anyone else in that division, per usual.

# 45 B-Man1985 @ 02/28/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Guys is not based on just last year just because someone had one bad season (Jeter) or in the other end had a great season (Casilla) means their ratings are changing drastically, is all about consistency. the ratings for pitching are probably 60% rotation, 40% Bullpen... with yankees having one of the best bullpens in baseball I can see how they are 4th at overall pitching.
However, and as bias as this may seem , Phillies have 4 pitchers that 80-90% of the time will get through atleast the 7th. They have two very very good setup men in the 8th with Madson and Contreras and a hit or miss closer in Lidge. So how many times are those other guys even going to be used??

The Phils 5th starter, Heavy-B Joe Blanton, would be battling Burnett right now on the Yankees for their #2 spot! ...and the Red Sox bullpen SUCKED last year and they didn't make any upgrades...Phillies and Giants deserve to be right there at the top no doubt

# 46 FourAces2635 @ 02/28/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
This and you lost Werth, who is being replaced by a raw/unproven D.Brown who will have lesser ratings for the time being.
Forgot that... also read where if you missed most of the season that you're ratings would take a hit (Utley, Howard) but with that said Boston missed all of last season pretty much so they shouldn't have a top offense or pitching since Beckett was gone all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man1985
The Phils 5th starter, Heavy-B Joe Blanton, would be battling Burnett right now on the Yankees for their #2 spot! ...and the Red Sox bullpen SUCKED last year and they didn't make any upgrades...Phillies and Giants deserve to be right there at the top no doubt
They added Jenks and Bard's always had a high rating. I do agree though I think they only have the top 2 ratings because they are the Yankees and the Red Sox. Quite frankly other than CC, Mo, and Soriano the Yankees have no pitching. Hughes is a ?, Burnett is a ?, and their other two spots will go to un proven rookies...

# 47 Raskal @ 02/28/11 09:35 PM
Would Cashman or Epstein trade their entire pitching staff for the Giants or Phillies straight up? I know it's extreme but I think they would.

# 48 burds13 @ 02/28/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Would Cashman or Epstein trade their entire pitching staff for the Giants or Phillies straight up? I know it's extreme but I think they would.
Cashman would be stupid not to... Epstein would probably stand pat.

# 49 FourAces2635 @ 02/28/11 09:38 PM
I think Boston has good pitching but Beckett is overrated in this game and so is Lackey. These two would be number 5's on the Giants and Phillies's staffs. And Paplebon is just as shakey as Lidge.

# 50 B-Man1985 @ 02/28/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Good call. I think they would too.

# 51 RedK @ 02/28/11 09:38 PM
im a yankee fan and i was surprised myself to see their pitching rank. Our bullpen did improve over the offseason but our SP has gotten worse. PHI fans u guys do deserve to be #1 with that rotation. Yes blanton is terrible but he is ur #5 starter. Right now he would prob a #3 starter with my yanks. Burnett sucks now and our #4 and #5 are still HUGE question marks. Our hitting is still pretty deadly with tex, cano, arod, the speedy gardner, jeter who hopefully hits better or it wont be pretty, and posada isnt gonna be catching as much anymore so his offense should be better.

# 52 SomeRandomDude @ 02/28/11 09:40 PM
Here is how I honestly see how Ranking should go for Sox Yanks and Phillies

Red Sox:

Batting - 1st
Pitching - 3rd
Defense - 1st
Overall - 1st

Yankees:

Batting - 2nd
Pitching - 5th
Defense - 2nd
Overall - 3rd

Phillies:

Batting - 3rd
Pitching - 1st
Defence - 4th
Overell - 2nd

# 53 FourAces2635 @ 02/28/11 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK
im a yankee fan and i was surprised myself to see their pitching rank. Our bullpen did improve over the offseason but our SP has gotten worse. PHI fans u guys do deserve to be #1 with that rotation. Yes blanton is terrible but he is ur #5 starter. Right now he would prob a #3 starter with my yanks. Burnett sucks now and our #4 and #5 are still HUGE question marks. Our hitting is still pretty deadly with tex, cano, arod, the speedy gardner, jeter who hopefully hits better or it wont be pretty, and posada isnt gonna be catching as much anymore so his offense should be better.
I wouldn't say Blanton is awful... just average. I'm curious to see the way they've rated some of these players...

You have the best offense though. Jeter, Cano, etc. I though Cano was very underrated in last year's game.

# 54 B-Man1985 @ 02/28/11 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomDude
Here is how I honestly see how Ranking should go for Sox Yanks and Phillies

Red Sox:

Batting - 1st
Pitching - 3rd
Defense - 1st
Overall - 1st

Yankees:

Batting - 2nd
Pitching - 5th
Defense - 2nd
Overall - 3rd

Phillies:

Batting - 3rd
Pitching - 1st
Defence - 4th
Overell - 2nd
Good stuff. I think you guys are better in defense though than the Phillies. Ibanez is slow as nails in left field and Brown has proved nothing. I wonder what Utley's fielding will be like, he had about 5 HUGE errors in the post-season last year.

# 55 Raskal @ 02/28/11 09:50 PM
I'm also curious what Brooks Conrad's defense is rated this year. Yeah I said it.

# 56 Sports fanantic @ 02/28/11 09:54 PM
what about the World champ San Francisco Giants. they have to be one of the top 5 teams?

# 57 FourAces2635 @ 02/28/11 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
what about the World champ San Francisco Giants. they have to be one of the top 5 teams?
I think pitching, sure. But outfield and infield defense is a question mark for you guys and your offense. Really the only two above average guys are Posey and Sandoval.

# 58 Sports fanantic @ 02/28/11 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourAces2635
I think pitching, sure. But outfield and infield defense is a question mark for you guys and your offense. Really the only two above average guys are Posey and Sandoval.
our defense last year was pretty good and our hitters like ross, Huff and torres, not to mention the next R.O.Y Brandon Belt can help give enough power to make another run.

# 59 Ghoste @ 02/28/11 10:19 PM
I'm gonna rake with Cargo!! Good to see the Rox getting some props.

-ghoste

# 60 937immortalz @ 03/01/11 09:45 AM
I think the 99 rating cap needs go away in some instances...Some MLB players have almost super attributes. Aroldis Chapman should have a top speed around 97-104 atleast. But with the cap you cant have that! any chances of a shake up to the player ratings. I think Albert Pujols hitting attribute should go over a 100 a tad bit. I just think the attributres should increase by 5 adding more variety to the players and their attributes. It's just wierd to see two players at 99 in a certain area and you figure one of them, IMO, is just a little bit better than "99"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.