Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

IGN has just posted the top rated teams, hitter, fielder, pitcher, and most improved player in MLB 11 The Show. They have also included some new screenshots.

Top-Rated Teams: Yankees and Red Sox
Top Hitter: Albert Pujols
Top Fielder: Ichiro Suzuki
Top Pitcher: Ubaldo Jimenez
Most Improved: Carlos Gonzalez

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gibson88 @ 02/28/11 02:33 PM
Great find!!!

Timmy rated 1#!!!
Hopefully that is why I can't hit him in the Demo! LOL!

# 2 vln13 @ 02/28/11 02:33 PM
Thanks for the tip! Jimenez is great, but I think you have to give top pitcher honors to Halladay.

# 3 Dice @ 02/28/11 02:43 PM
The Yankees the number one offense? The Red Sox with the number one pitching? If it was up to me, the Red Sox would be number one on offense and the Phillies would have the number one staff.

# 4 etched Chaos @ 02/28/11 02:55 PM
Phils not #1 Pitching team and Doc not #1 Pitcher is an issue. SCEA messed up in that regard.

# 5 Shakedowncapo @ 02/28/11 03:02 PM
Fellas, you have to remember the Phils have a very average bullpen. That might be factored into the overall.

# 6 MetsRampage @ 02/28/11 03:07 PM
I'm really loving the baseball field behind the players when you go and see their attributes. Much better then last year.

# 7 Scott @ 02/28/11 03:08 PM
Wow Yanks #1 offense? Definitely should be Red Sox, possibly even Rangers (but then again I'm biased.)

# 8 etched Chaos @ 02/28/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Fellas, you have to remember the Phils have a very average bullpen. That might be factored into the overall.
Fair enough. But Ubaldo as the best pitcher, thats a joke. Even if we ignore Doc, you have Lincecum, Felix, Wainwright (pre-TJ), Cliff Lee, Jon Lester etc etc.

# 9 vln13 @ 02/28/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Wow Yanks #1 offense? Definitely should be Red Sox, possibly even Rangers (but then again I'm biased.)
Don't worry, I think even Yankees fans agree with that

# 10 HeyYoCraig @ 02/28/11 03:15 PM
I'm pretty surprised they chose jimenez as the best overall pitcher. There are probably at least 5 other pitchers who deserve this top spot. I don't really care though, I'm sure halladay, felix, etc are very close to jimenez in regards to player attributes

i can't wait for when they post the top 5 players at each position and show their attributes. I love that

# 11 tvman @ 02/28/11 03:20 PM
Giants should be #1.... wait they are #1!!!!!!!!!!!

# 12 Russell_SCEA @ 02/28/11 03:24 PM
The top 5 pitchers have identical overall ratings. Or they are separated by a single point. Ubaldo has better control ratings on his last three pitches than Doc, Feliz, and Timmy. That's why he's number one and its literally by a few points.

# 13 Russell_SCEA @ 02/28/11 03:28 PM
The Phills have arguably the best 1-3 punch in baseball. But overall is overall doesn't mean your best 3 arms. It's the entire starting five, the entire bull pen and a closer.

# 14 etched Chaos @ 02/28/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The top 5 pitchers have identical overall ratings. Or they are separated by a single point. Ubaldo has better control ratings on his last three pitches than Doc, Feliz, and Timmy. That's why he's number one and its literally by a few points.
Hmmmmm, still a bit puzzled how he has better control than Doc on any pitch. Doc had less walks than starts last year, thats is an incredibly rare feat and yet Ubaldo who had 62 more walks than Doc last year has better control on 3 pitches? I'd understand he has more velocity, but Doc is synonymous with pinpoint control. His K:BB ratio is always at the top.

# 15 etched Chaos @ 02/28/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The Phills have arguably the best 1-3 punch in baseball. But overall is overall doesn't mean your best 3 arms. It's the entire starting five, the entire bull pen and a closer.
Come on Russell, its the best 1-4 punch :P.

I'm quite content with team ratings knowing its an accumulation of all ratings, our BP isn't exactly strong. I was unaware before it being pointed out. But Ubaldo at #1 is going to bug me til release day and no amount of a single attribute point will quell my annoyance :P.

# 16 Stroehms @ 02/28/11 03:41 PM
Absolutely in love with the different Jerseys in the game now.

Stoked. Hopefully I can swing this game early.

# 17 econoodle @ 02/28/11 04:16 PM
from the ign article:
Top Hitter: Albert Pujols
Tough to argue against rating the top player in the game also the top player in MLB 11. The good news: you'll have an easier time signing Pujols to a new contract in The Show than the Cardinals are having in real life.

Noooooo,I WANT to have a hard time signing him!

It would be neat tho if he got all uppity and kept refusing offers.

As far as the Phils getting snubbed as best overall pitching, blame it on Battalucco!
Battalucco who?

# 18 tommyjesus @ 02/28/11 04:52 PM
someone wanna tell me how the red sox pitching staff is better than the giants, especially if you count the bullpens?

i guess ratings don't matter that much in the long run, anyway, but i can't see it.

also, ubaldo is overrated. top 5, yes, but he needs to be bumped down a bit so he's below guys like halladay, lincecum, king felix, etc. instead of a few points above them.

# 19 vln13 @ 02/28/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjesus
someone wanna tell me how the red sox pitching staff is better than the giants, especially if you count the bullpens?

i guess ratings don't matter that much in the long run, anyway, but i can't see it.

also, ubaldo is overrated. top 5, yes, but he needs to be bumped down a bit so he's below guys like halladay, lincecum, king felix, etc. instead of a few points above them.
I agree, but I don't think that it matters that much.

# 20 dude106 @ 02/28/11 05:06 PM
I wonder where Josh Johnson is in the pitcher rankings. IMO, as a Marlins fan, he should probably be top-10 at least. I'm biased though.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.