Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Kevin Harlan was a guest on the Damon Bruce Show and announced that Steve Kerr will join the commentary team in NBA 2K12. Your thoughts?

Listen to the audio, right here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stlducks @ 03/10/11 05:04 PM
You mean on the cover? Or what

# 2 Maxflier @ 03/10/11 05:29 PM
Today is March 10th, not April 1st.

# 3 ifriedrice @ 03/10/11 05:33 PM
Steve Kerr > Clark Kellogg

Just my preference.

# 4 Siddo4ty4 @ 03/10/11 06:02 PM
Cover = NO
Commentary = Sure why not!

# 5 mrclutch @ 03/10/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
Steve Kerr > Clark Kellogg

Just my preference.
Almost anyone would be better than Kellogg(except maybe Walton)

# 6 theycallmeryan @ 03/10/11 06:59 PM
Steve Kerr and Marv Albert? I'd love to hear Marv yell "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" at a game-winning buzzer beater :P. Make it happen 2K! I don't care who the announcer is, as long as the lines are well written and they actually mention things that happen later in Associations (like if I'm in 2013, they could comment on how Team X won the championship while Team Y was a huge disappointment and Player Z had a career year while Player A had a disappointing year, etc)

# 7 DurtySoufReppin @ 03/10/11 08:05 PM
YES!! but his partner will be key..

# 8 NINJAK2 @ 03/10/11 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
YES!! but his partner will be key..
If Harlan gave the announcement hopefully that means he will still be on the broadcast team in 2k. If Kerr doesn't get a good script or put in enough studio time in regards to commentary his addition means nada. I really don't think Clark is bad imo. Just give the man a better script....

# 9 luv_mist @ 03/10/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
If Harlan gave the announcement hopefully that means he will still be on the broadcast team in 2k. If Kerr doesn't get a good script or put in enough studio time in regards to commentary his addition means nada. I really don't think Clark is bad imo. Just give the man a better script....
People have to realize that. Maybe Kerr will bring about some key additions he learned when he was on Live. I heard he had solid commentary there. I'd love for there to be some newness in the next title. I love the commentary but it does get tired quick. They need to rethink the dunk reactions seriously.

# 10 2k7playa @ 03/10/11 11:04 PM
kevin harlan said he was happy to have damon in 2k11 and that they have many more versions to make in the future, then he said steve kerr would be in 2k12. Thats good news to me, kerr was great on live.

# 11 Freak123 @ 03/10/11 11:37 PM
That's great news! Steve Kerr was great on Live 10, hopefully they give him just as good of a script and he does well. Great guy, great voice, knows a lot about the game, should make the game that much better. Looking forward to it.

# 12 xion_one @ 03/11/11 05:08 PM
He was good in Live, so this is good news to me.

# 13 Eman5805 @ 03/11/11 05:14 PM
So Kellogg is out now or something? If so, I approve.

# 14 wrestlinggod1 @ 03/11/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
So Kellogg is out now or something? If so, I approve.
Me too. It felt weird to be playing 2K and having some guy that I don't know doing commentary.

# 15 statum71 @ 03/11/11 05:48 PM
I actually don't mind Clark.....but I'd rather have somebody who ACTUALLY odes NBA games. I think this is a good move.

Plus....Steve Kerr was one of the few things I liked about Live.

# 16 spankdatazz22 @ 03/11/11 06:05 PM
I've never understood the Kellogg hate by some around here myself. I think he's been very good in the game, except for a few lines here/there which is understandable. That said I do remember Kerr delivering his lines well in a few past NBA Live games. As someone else noted imo it's more about the script and how the voice talent is directed, which 2K does a great job at. Short of going to a 3-man booth a new play-by-play voice should add some freshness to the commentary

# 17 BlueNGold @ 03/11/11 06:16 PM
I didn't mind Kellog's commentary, but I prefer having Steve Kerr. He's solid on real-life TNT broadcasts and was also solid in the Live games.

Good call, 2K.

# 18 dunnyduns @ 03/11/11 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I actually don't mind Clark.....but I'd rather have somebody who ACTUALLY odes NBA games. I think this is a good move.

Plus....Steve Kerr was one of the few things I liked about Live.
Clark Kellogg does do actual NBA games just not on a national level. Kellogg has been the color commentator for road Pacers games for more than 20 years so he does do work at the NBA level.

Being a Pacers fan I like Clark Kellogg in NBA 2k11 and would rather have Kellogg than Kerr. But, I'm playing the game for the actual gameplay not who is calling the games so it doesn't really matter who they have doing the play by play to me.

# 19 darryloliver @ 03/11/11 07:16 PM
Not a bad guy to have doing the commentary; that said Clark wasn't that horrible. While 2k definitely improved the commentary from last year, they could have worked harder at making sure that Clark doesn't sound like a douche.

# 20 Po Pimp @ 03/11/11 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
nice addition but as someone else said, put Marv Albert in there. Steve and Marv with some TNT stuff (lock up that deal for TNT 2k). Maybe keep Harlan and Clark (although i'm not much of a Kellogg fan) and have 2 different teams so you dont get the same guys every game.

Just as long as Hubie Brown isnt in there (i know he's ESPN/ABC). When he is doing the game its the worst. The way he speaks (how many times does he say "ok" or "now look") and how hard he tries to justify every call the refs make as the right call, he is brutal. Mike Tirico, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson would be nice if they could have the ESPN/ABC rights in the game. But just get TNT in there at least.
Hubie Brown is one of the most knowledgeable and best analysts there is

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.