Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Perfect Zero @ 03/25/11 08:36 PM
Guys, I'm more inclined to trust the OS guys, especially Blue and the full retail copy that he has.

# 242 Senor Nascar @ 03/25/11 08:39 PM
I know it is not ideal but even if the hardest difficulty is too easy for some, there is an adaptive AI setting which should solve this concern to some extent.

# 243 Rules @ 03/25/11 08:42 PM
Looking at the Justin Tv videos, why in the heck are the A.I. cars driving off of the track in packs?

The AI looks DUMB on all of the tracks! Seriously, Kyle drives like Kyle.........Dale Jr drives like Dale Jr................is total B.S.!!!!!!

# 244 BabaGahNush @ 03/25/11 08:42 PM
He was on the highest difficulty? How can you know this for sure? I can't even read the menus bc the stream is so bad.

And I'm sorry but the way he was running at Dega by passing 10 cars at a time and driving like a maniac going into the grass... no way in hell that was on very hard there.

# 245 Ænima @ 03/25/11 08:46 PM
Okay guys, I think I've sorted through the disparity between Blue's experience and the streamer's experience.

Blue's Full copy was delivered to him by the developers. I think it includes the day one patch somehow. It has to. I say this because a moderator on the OFFICIAL NTG forum said there is a release day patch that fixes some online multiplayer issues (I'm guessing the lag problems some people have mentioned) along with a massive boost to the game's AI drivers in terms of speed, difficulty and style.

Blue's copy probably includes this day one patch. The leaked copies probably don't. Hence, random streaming guy plays on Very Hard and demolishes the field with mediocre driving while Blue plays on Very Hard, struggles to stay in the top ten and speaks highly of the experience.

# 246 Senor Nascar @ 03/25/11 08:48 PM
HERE IS WHAT THE DEVELOPER (DAVE THOMPSON) posted:

Quote:
There is going to be a Day 1 patch for both XBox 360 and PS3 containing:

A.I. difficulty, improved massively
On-line stability improved
Numerous minor feature enhancements and bug fixes

With regards to the Manufacturer decals. We've had to hold off including them until the DLC pack is released.
HE ALSO ADDED:

Quote:
With regards to custom cars. When playing as themselves, the player can choose their manufacturer. When creating a custom paint scheme the car they paint matches their respective manufacture shape. All 4 manufactures are in the game and from the DLC update you will be able to use the logo's and headlight shapes to complete your designs.
AND

Quote:
Yes, the A.I. on the Glen has been massively improved. They can still run off turn 1 sometimes as with the real race.

# 247 Rules @ 03/25/11 08:50 PM
Justin Tv feed:

He caused a massive wreck and on the restart is in 3rd!!!!!!!!!! WHAT??? He is showing all of the tracks and menus so it has to be a retail version as it looks complete.

I have massive concerns over what I am seeing.

# 248 Rules @ 03/25/11 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaGahNush
He was on the highest difficulty? How can you know this for sure? I can't even read the menus bc the stream is so bad.

And I'm sorry but the way he was running at Dega by passing 10 cars at a time and driving like a maniac going into the grass... no way in hell that was on very hard there.

Correct, I can't tell what setting is in on as the difficulty is blurred out. Another reason to throw caution to the wind. I will tell you this............either he is completely misleading us or this game is total junk. Color me seriously confused by all of this.

# 249 K_GUN @ 03/25/11 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Justin Tv feed:

He caused a massive wreck and on the restart is in 3rd!!!!!!!!!! WHAT??? He is showing all of the tracks and menus so it has to be a retail version as it looks complete.

I have massive concerns over what I am seeing.
at the risk of sounding like Roxette...."listen to your heart"

# 250 BabaGahNush @ 03/25/11 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
Okay guys, I think I've sorted through the disparity between Blue's experience and the streamer's experience.

Blue's Full copy was delivered to him by the developers. I think it includes the day one patch somehow. It has to. I say this because a moderator on the OFFICIAL NTG forum said there is a release day patch that fixes some online multiplayer issues (I'm guessing the lag problems some people have mentioned) along with a massive boost to the game's AI drivers in terms of speed, difficulty and style.

Blue's copy probably includes this day one patch. The leaked copies probably don't. Hence, random streaming guy plays on Very Hard and demolishes the field with mediocre driving while Blue plays on Very Hard, struggles to stay in the top ten and speaks highly of the experience.
They all have the same version. The guy streaming the game got his straight from a Gamestop manager he knows. Blue got the same retail version. He was just allowed it early bc he's reviewing the game for Operation Sports. There is no version with the day one update on the disc. Plus the day one update is only to fix some ONLINE things like adding cautions. I know this because I had a lunch meeting with Ed Martin (Executive VP of Eutechnyx) at the beginning of the month and we discussed the day one update.

# 251 Rules @ 03/25/11 08:55 PM
Since when does Jeff Gordon do a back flip off the top of a car after victory. That is Carl Edwards who does that.

WTF!

# 252 Senor Nascar @ 03/25/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
They all have the same version. The guy streaming the game got his straight from a Gamestop manager he knows. Blue got the same retail version. He was just allowed it early bc he's reviewing the game for Operation Sports. There is no version with the day one update on the disc. Plus the day one update is only to fix some ONLINE things like adding cautions. I know this because I had a lunch meeting with Ed Martin (Executive VP of Eutechnyx) at the beginning of the month and we discussed the day one update.
Dave just confirmed significant AI changes as well in day one patch.

# 253 BabaGahNush @ 03/25/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Since when does Jeff Gordon do a back flip off the top of a car after victory. That is Carl Edwards who does that.

WTF!
Technically Carl does it off the door, not roof in real life. Why would anyone care about that tho?

# 254 BabaGahNush @ 03/25/11 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Nascar
Dave just confirmed significant AI changes as well in day one patch.
Well that's good. Ed only mentioned the patch including online cautions when we met. It just came up in casual conversation so I'm sure he didn't tell me everything.

# 255 Rules @ 03/25/11 09:03 PM
Quote:
Technically Carl does it off the door, not roof in real life. Why would anyone care about that tho?
True either way it just looked stupid.

I had to stop watching after seeing him wreck head on into the wall and rip the hood off of Danica's car but yet still stay in first.

Blue~ chime in brother and tell us this clown is running on the lower difficulty level. It is almost comical how this guy is tearing the game apart.

# 256 Rules @ 03/25/11 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
What i was saying was Vet is way to easy first race at Dyatona I ran 48.2 qualifying lap and 2nd place had 51. this was with no assist on. I bumped it up to very hard and they run mid 48's. The racing was fun but i never seen a driver make a move on any other driver seems like just rubber band racing. Also the caution delay is very very bad i got spun i was in first i cam down way to early and the caution didnt fly for at least 25 seconds. I will say the driving feels wonderful in this game and the cross hair thing is awesome. I just dont like NO AI in MP and i have never really had to make any adjustments on my car to win.
Let's see what the patch fixes.

# 257 Rules @ 03/25/11 09:08 PM
If multiplayer is messed up, then how are we going to run an OS league?

I bought a G27 for this game so they better figure it out.

# 258 BabaGahNush @ 03/25/11 09:11 PM
It really would've been dumb for them to do a backflip animation that only 1 of 43 drivers in the game would use. Then again I really don't put any care into the celebration animations. They could show Mark Martin doing lines of cocaine and I wouldn't care, lol.

# 259 Rules @ 03/25/11 09:27 PM
Concern #1: their nascar boards are blowing up over this and Dave has had little to say other than a post about how he thinks the caution lights always being on is fixed in the patch.

# 260 BabaGahNush @ 03/25/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Concern #1: their nascar boards are blowing up over this and Dave has had little to say other than a post about how he thinks the caution lights always being on is fixed in the patch.
He said there are massive AI improvements, feature enhancements, and minor bug fixes in the patch as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.