Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

With the recent news of EA Sports launching its next NBA simulation title in the Fall of 2012, how does that make you feel, about the upcoming NBA 2K12? Nervous, confident? Let us know.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bichettehappens @ 06/05/11 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickman310
HERE IS WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN THAT IS REALLY SIMPLE:
2k should make it so that the fans are realistic. I think everyone has noticed that the crowd does the same thing the whole game. They jump up and wave their hands around at random times. Also, the bench reactions should be much better. Just play the game and you will see what i am talking about.
I'd rather development time not go into those. They have no outcome on the game and a fan eating popcorn realistically is not going to add to my enjoyment while playing the game whatsoever.

# 122 23 @ 06/06/11 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
They need to add more classic teams as well. You get the friggin Cav team that basically just has Mike Price. So why not a Pacers team so you can play with Reggie Miller? Heck maybe even ollld teams, with Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain (even though rules are a little different nowadays.) They have the 94-95 Knicks team that has John Starks on it...why not get the chance to dominate him with Miller? Heck even more recent teams, like the Lakers teams with Kobe and Shaq would be cool imo.
Its Mark Price not Mike Price

# 123 23 @ 06/06/11 03:07 AM
Im confident in the 2k team because they've been able to build upon their game every single year

I have no idea what they can come up with but im sure its going to get the interest peaking again come game time.

There are always elements of the game added that makes the experience even closer to reality for me

# 124 aloncho11 @ 06/07/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im confident in the 2k team because they've been able to build upon their game every single year

I have no idea what they can come up with but im sure its going to get the interest peaking again come game time.

There are always elements of the game added that makes the experience even closer to reality for me
Agree. Every single year the game is improving in several aspects, this year edition's being perhaps the most improved from one year to the next. I expect some quality surprises by 2K .

# 125 aksumite @ 06/08/11 11:54 AM
I think whenever you lose some competition there's a good chance that complacency can seep in. I hope that's not the case.

The biggest feature I'm waiting to hear is ONLINE ASSOCIATION.

Even though there will be no other direct hoop comp, NCAA Online Dynasty feature and Madden Online Franchise are indirectly competing in my opinion.

If there is no Online Association then they will be dropping the ball big time. EA is already 3 years deep in these POWERFUL modes.

# 126 Pokes404 @ 06/08/11 07:12 PM
I'm confident that 2K will deliver a basketball game I'll enjoy this year, but I'd rather have the competition/option of NBA Live, as well. Competition is always better for the gamer. Just ask Madden/NCAA Football fans.

# 127 cjallure24 @ 06/09/11 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Agree 100%. I'm a dig through the 2K thread and read what people were expecting with 2K11..

# 128 Da Amba Lamps @ 06/09/11 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I 100% agree with you. Im a 2k die hard fan but this game is no where near perfect.I just hope they improve the gameplay. Im tired of seeing every pf/C hit mid range jump shots on a regular basis. I play the game everyday with my franchise but I havent scored more then 10(if im lucky) fastbreak points in years with this game.

this is my first basketball game since college hoops with that goof from gonzaga on the cover and I love this game, I bought it the day it came out. sold it in march and bought it in april again.

I have done about 100 years of franchises maybe more. drafted some players(terrance sessions) I love and some players I cannot fathom how much I hate them.

But there are some things that just infuriate me about this game

that is top on my list. lack of fast breaks.

if I'm playing with protland, cool. let's slow it down, but I feel like playing with the suns, or another run and gun team I want to feel like I'm doing that and try to find players that fit that style of play. teams just feel too similar to me.

The one other thing I loathe is how long the post up animation for a center takes sometimes they can easily spend 10 second in what looks like a loop until finally they are there.

I'm confident in 2k12 I really enjoy this game but I'm not opposed to seeing improvements

# 129 kareem434 @ 07/07/11 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almatic
I love when ppl say "highly overrated" liek what they say is FACT. it's not, it's opinion. 2K11 IMO is the 2nd best bball sim of all-time (after College Hoops 2K8) and I bet a lot more ppl would agree with that than your lame opinion.
i'm with u on that

# 130 TJKTJK @ 07/07/11 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastrin
Very confident. NBA 2K11 is a masterpiece, I cannot stop playing it. If NBA 2K12 is just an upgraded version of 2K11, fixing and adding some stuff, I will be fine with the product. Aslong as it plays a good game of basketball. I feel NBA 2K11 is perfect, so build onto what you have.
couldnt have said it better

# 131 13whitebread @ 08/12/11 02:31 PM
Listen I am a Hockey player fan and video gamer back to the In-televisions days and when I picked this up before the playoffs started I was floored at what progress the basket ball games have made probably haven't bought one since the Super Nintendo days but very well put together not perfect but very good.

# 132 DurtySoufReppin @ 08/12/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
I think whenever you lose some competition there's a good chance that complacency can seep in. I hope that's not the case.

The biggest feature I'm waiting to hear is ONLINE ASSOCIATION.

Even though there will be no other direct hoop comp, NCAA Online Dynasty feature and Madden Online Franchise are indirectly competing in my opinion.

If there is no Online Association then they will be dropping the ball big time. EA is already 3 years deep in these POWERFUL modes.
An Online Association would be 10x as complicated as a NFL/NCAA Season

82 games vs 16 games.

# 133 AllStarDaDon @ 08/12/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Amba Lamps
this is my first basketball game since college hoops with that goof from gonzaga on the cover and I love this game, I bought it the day it came out. sold it in march and bought it in april again.

I have done about 100 years of franchises maybe more. drafted some players(terrance sessions) I love and some players I cannot fathom how much I hate them.

But there are some things that just infuriate me about this game

that is top on my list. lack of fast breaks.

if I'm playing with protland, cool. let's slow it down, but I feel like playing with the suns, or another run and gun team I want to feel like I'm doing that and try to find players that fit that style of play. teams just feel too similar to me.

The one other thing I loathe is how long the post up animation for a center takes sometimes they can easily spend 10 second in what looks like a loop until finally they are there.

I'm confident in 2k12 I really enjoy this game but I'm not opposed to seeing improvements
Yes I hate this. This usually happens when I run a post play, they could never just get to there spots and post.

I been a loyal 2K fan since 2K7. I usually always had access to EA games through friends. EA is just not the best bball sim game. 2K game is so in depth it's crazy.

I swear when I watch basketball, a mix on Youtube or actually play outside, 9 times out of 10 I see something and say "that's crazy I can do this same thing in 2K11" and it's usually fact.

That's a prime example.

As for the question Steve, yes brother!

# 134 youvalss @ 08/12/11 07:13 PM
I just LOVE Hakeem's moves! It would take Dwight Howard 15 years to learn it (and I'm being generous), and then he'd be too old and slow to perform it.

# 135 BRxSKINSx @ 08/14/11 01:36 AM
I'm confident in 2k...there's no way they're gonna take a year off just because NBA Defeat....I mean Elite isn't coming out til 2012....I'm just waiting to see WHAT they do with 2k12, because i know it's gonna be sumthin nice....They could easily dress 2k11 up and put it out as 2k12 and people would still enjoy it....but they're not gonna do that....they're gonna continue to push forward and leave EA in the dust.....No need in giving EA a chance to dazzle gamers when Elite finally drops.....

# 136 LiveAllDaWay @ 08/14/11 04:16 AM
Quote:
I love when ppl say "highly overrated" liek what they say is FACT. it's not, it's opinion. 2K11 IMO is the 2nd best bball sim of all-time (after College Hoops 2K8) and I bet a lot more ppl would agree with that than your lame opinion.
Well I don't really agree with you but I have to agree with SeerMagicX nba 2k11 is overrated even though it is the best basketball game ever made. Although I didn't like it that much IMO so i sold it. But its not really a lame opinion what he's saying.

# 137 LiveAllDaWay @ 08/14/11 04:18 AM
Quote:
Well I don't really agree with you but I have to agree with SeerMagicX nba 2k11 is overrated even though it is the best basketball game ever made. Although I didn't like it that much IMO so i sold it. But its not really a lame opinion what he's saying.

# 138 LiveAllDaWay @ 08/14/11 04:18 AM
Quote:

# 139 LiveAllDaWay @ 08/14/11 04:19 AM
Quote:

# 140 LiveAllDaWay @ 08/14/11 04:19 AM
Quote:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.