Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to PastaPadre, Ian Cummings, Creative Director of the Madden franchise, is leaving Tiburon.

He also states there are quite a few other big names going with him.

What do you think about this news?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ryan36 @ 04/12/11 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think his point is, nothing official seems to have been announced. That the source of this info is Pasta Padre's Twitter account, which can be spotty at best when it comes to accuracy.

That being said, I find it unlikely Pasta is wrong on this one.

Yet if he was hilarity would ensue.

# 122 bkrich83 @ 04/12/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Yeah that would be an all timer.

# 123 PVarck31 @ 04/12/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Yeah that would be an all timer.
Like you said I can't see him being wrong on this one. I do however find it interesting no one else has picked up this story.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

# 124 thrust @ 04/12/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
What would follow that? Ian Cummings dead rumors. Hey, all the celebs are doing it now.

# 125 DaveDQ @ 04/12/11 06:13 PM
Pasta's site is a blog. It's not a news source like so many want to claim it to be. However, I think he's correct in this and wouldn't put this out there without making sure it was true and consistent.

I actually think what pastapadre has done with his blog is pretty impressive. A lot of guys start these things and can never fully commit and stay consistent. He's done a pretty good job of doing so. I don't think he's about to ruin it with a rumor.

# 126 Garrett67 @ 04/12/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
I think his point is, nothing official seems to have been announced. That the source of this info is Pasta Padre's Twitter account, which can be spotty at best when it comes to accuracy.

That being said, I find it unlikely Pasta is wrong on this one.
That is why I replied to his Tweet mere seconds after it was posted and asked if it was fact or opinion because its statement 'seemed' more like a comment than something he was reporting. (at least to me).

(he never answered me)

# 127 spankdatazz22 @ 04/12/11 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
As I've stated a couple of times in other threads, NBA 2k is a perfect example of how EA should have handled the leap to next gen. Instead of creating a new game from scratch VC chose to take the previous gen version, give it a graphical makeover, and port it to the 360. The result was a title that proved to be one of the best of the 360 launch titles and a solid foundation for future development.

One can't help but wonder where the Madden/NCAA series might be today if EA hadn't decided to attempt to build a new football engine from the ground up.
Imo Tiburon almost had to build from the ground up. It surprises me how many people forget that while Madden had the pairing of great gameplay/depth/franchise depth/extra features last gen, it was also showing it's age from a football fundamentals standpoint. Lack of player interaction on tackling/OL-DL/WR-DB, huge presentation issues; all things people were starting to crave. The problem is they went next gen and got away from almost all of what made the game fun/enjoyable, and the issues the game already had were made worse. All EA Sports games struggled with the transition to next gen; Madden (and imo NCAA) are the ones that still haven't clearly surpassed their predecessors. Staying with upgraded versions of their last gen game only looks good in retrospect because no one would've expected the next gen game would actually get as bad as it did. We're five yrs into next gen and they still don't have a decent tackling system - there's no way I would've believed that back in '05.

# 128 bkrich83 @ 04/12/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67
That is why I replied to his Tweet mere seconds after it was posted and asked if it was fact or opinion because its statement 'seemed' more like a comment than something he was reporting. (at least to me).

(he never answered me)
I will say this for Pasta. While I take the majority of what he says with a grain of salt. He's usually pretty locked in with the EA Sports stuff, and even more so with the news surrounding their football titles.

# 129 iva-chargers-fan @ 04/12/11 06:30 PM
i hope they now get someone that listens to the fans!!!!
now i wont be suprised if madden 12 is the same as madden 11, Oh well

# 130 Bengals28 @ 04/12/11 06:33 PM
Man I'm happy. Now Madden needs to be completely scrapped and built form the ground up. New team, new engine, new everything. Guys Madden 12 is basically about finished now anyways. There not putting anything new in from now til the game ships. They're debugging and trying to iron out the wrinkles.

# 131 bkrich83 @ 04/12/11 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
Man I'm happy. Now Madden needs to be completely scrapped and built form the ground up. New team, new engine, new everything. Guys Madden 12 is basically about finished now anyways. There not putting anything new in from now til the game ships. They're debugging and trying to iron out the wrinkles.
Why would you think this news would equate to a whole new team and a whole new game engine?

# 132 KANE699 @ 04/12/11 06:37 PM
Where if anywhere does it say that Ian is leaving the company?

# 133 PVarck31 @ 04/12/11 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Where if anywhere does it say that Ian is leaving the company?
Pasta padre reported it on his site and twitter.

# 134 KANE699 @ 04/12/11 06:40 PM
It looks like a lot of people on here just clearly do not understand how this business works.

# 135 KANE699 @ 04/12/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Pasta padre reported it on his site and twitter.

I only see it on his twitter, this is hardly a legitimate news source.

# 136 bkrich83 @ 04/12/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
It looks like a lot of people on here just clearly do not understand how this business works.
I think that's been obvious for the past 7 or 8 years, no?

# 137 CM Hooe @ 04/12/11 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
Absolutely will not happen. The baseline tech that EA Sports uses in Madden is also used in many of their other titles (NCAA, FIFA, NBA Live, not sure about Fight Night but wouldn't be surprised). There's no way they'd throw away the investment they've made into it.

# 138 SageInfinite @ 04/12/11 06:44 PM
Quote:
I think that's been obvious for the past 7 or 8 years, no?
I would definitely say so, lol.

# 139 PVarck31 @ 04/12/11 06:44 PM
Quote:
I only see it on his twitter, this is hardly a legitimate news source.
Not saying its legitimate. What's being reported. Like I said, I find it curious that no one else has picked up this story.

# 140 wallofhate @ 04/12/11 06:47 PM
Madden has definately made good strides and not for nuttin is a far cry from the first 2nd gen debacle. That being said im not in no way gonna give sympathy for people ragging him niether. That comes with the territory of all jobs dealing with the public and their opinion. He seemed a nice a enough guy and honestly seemed like he believed in making madden better but he didnt lose his job he got a better one which I congradulate him on. I guess the rest is just left to hope things stay the course and dont all fall apart for madden

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.