Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 cover athlete is down to the final 2 athletes. Mike Vick (beating Adrian Peterson - 59%/41%) vs. Peyton Hillis (beating Aaron Rodgers - 61%/39%).

Voting has already begun and the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete will be announced on SportsNation April 27, at 4PM ET on ESPN2.

Who has your vote?

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Seanzie @ 04/18/11 11:21 PM
Peyton Hillis beat Aaron Rodgers? Umm, what? I think this is rigged in a "we don't want you to know it's rigged" kind of way.

# 82 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/18/11 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I dont think so. If Aaron couldnt do it with the big push he got this year, no packer would.
I agree. But he might have won if Clay Matthews kept on making appearances on shows. It seems that all the winners had the opportunity to activate their fanbases by making personal pleas for their victories. All the other contestants seemed uninterested so their fans didn't show up to represent them. I think EA really underestimated the power of campaigning here.

# 83 shadthedad @ 04/18/11 11:30 PM
I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan and this is the first I've heard of Peyton Hillis. Vick will win the cover.

# 84 SouthernBrick @ 04/18/11 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I dont think so. If Aaron couldnt do it with the big push he got this year, no packer would.
True.

Anyone still have that that awesome fan made cover of Hillis. I really think anything other than that cover(if hillis won) would be a disgrace to the awesomeness of it.

And LOL at that IGN article. "The public loses nothing by turning on EA and biting them in the ***."

As I said before, it's a win win situation.

# 85 jyoung @ 04/19/11 12:16 AM
Shame the 12th man didn't make it very far:

# 86 PVarck31 @ 04/19/11 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadthedad
I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan and this is the first I've heard of Peyton Hillis. Vick will win the cover.
Hmm. You haven't heard of a guy who ran roughshod over the league last year racking up 1,177 yards and 11 TD's? This guy put linebackers on the ground like he was a mack truck. Sure those aren't MVP stats, but not to bad for a guy who hasn't had jack for playing time before last year.

Maybe I am just bias lol

# 87 Bellsprout @ 04/19/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Hmm. You haven't heard of a guy who ran roughshod over the league last year racking up 1,177 yards and 11 TD's? This guy put linebackers on the ground like he was a mack truck. Sure those aren't MVP stats, but not to bad for a guy who hasn't had jack for playing time before last year.

Maybe I am just bias lol
To be fair, it's not like the Browns were on national TV a whole lot last year. Outside of highlights on Football Night in America, most of America hasn't really been exposed to what Hillis can do yet.

# 88 guaps @ 04/19/11 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31

Maybe I am just bias lol
If it hadn't been for fantasy football, I don't think I'd paid much attention to Hillis either. Very few people outside fantasy football recognize the name Hillis, when you talk NFL. The same with Vick, most recognize the name, but that's mostly because of the dog fighting, not the fact that he just had a stellar year.

# 89 sarlndr @ 04/19/11 03:44 AM
In this day and age of ESPN and the NFL Network there really is no need to be on national television to get noticed. Nobody watches the Sunday highlights to see who did what anymore? Heck, I've been stationed overseas for the past six years and even I know who he is. We don't get nearly the amount of games to watch as you all back in the states.

Anywho, I hope Hillis pulls it out and gives the fans of Cleveland something to smile about this year.

IGN : http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1162413p1.html

# 90 BlueNGold @ 04/19/11 04:46 AM
The cover announcement on SportsNation is going to be amazing if Vick wins. Beadle hates Vick with a passion.

# 91 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/19/11 06:12 AM
I was convinced the whole thing was fixed and Rodgers was gonna win it all. Guess I was wrong.

# 92 gigadkc @ 04/19/11 09:08 AM
wow, I'll never buy this game if Vick is on the cover. My dog would kill me.

# 93 Blitz1942 @ 04/19/11 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Alright? The 2006 Eagles had far worse injury issues than simply McNabb. Seriously, as a fan of the Eagles any Eagle on the cover is good news for me and the team...More exposure is never a bad thing. Admit it, you would have thought it was cool if Aaron Rodgers was on the cover.

Personally, I wanted Clay Matthews on the cover, but he didn't even make the tournament.
I'm afraid you underestimate me. I didn't like the idea of any Packers on the cover, but I fully expected him to win it. I'm a Packers fan, yes, but I could care less about "exposure." The Packers are already "exposed." People know who the Packers are. We don't need Rodgers on the cover to give us that.

And BTW, I either didn't vote in Rodgers's matchups, or voted against him. Personally, I would have loved to see Danny Woodhead on the cover just because a good friend of mine hates him with a passion and I'd love to see his reaction if Woodhead were on the cover.

# 94 adembroski @ 04/19/11 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1942
I'm afraid you underestimate me. I didn't like the idea of any Packers on the cover, but I fully expected him to win it. I'm a Packers fan, yes, but I could care less about "exposure." The Packers are already "exposed." People know who the Packers are. We don't need Rodgers on the cover to give us that.

And BTW, I either didn't vote in Rodgers's matchups, or voted against him. Personally, I would have loved to see Danny Woodhead on the cover just because a good friend of mine hates him with a passion and I'd love to see his reaction if Woodhead were on the cover.
I thought Favre was a Jet when he exposed himself:P

Anyways, I love a good underdog story, so I hope Hillis wins.

# 95 mjhyankees @ 04/19/11 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Hopefully this proves to all the haters that EA didn't fix the vote...

yeah I guess....but really how does Aaron Rodgers not make the cover? Superbowl MVP, break out season placing him in the Manning, Brady level of QB's, storied franchise......Michael Vick...really? Nice comeback season but no where near the season Rodgers had. And Hillis? I like the guy but his team is among the leagues worst.....they finished last with him, they can finish last without him. Is he really a great player or a flash in the pan?????

I'm pretty disappointed in this. It reminds me of MLB all star voting where it's really a popularity contest not an earned honor. Maddenites have been infatuated with Vick ever since they could use him to scramble all over the field. I just don't get this.

# 96 Blitz1942 @ 04/19/11 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I thought Favre was a Jet when he exposed himself:P

Anyways, I love a good underdog story, so I hope Hillis wins.
Well... yes... lol But who knows how often he exposed himself as a Packer, or even as a Falcon. I mean, just because we haven't heard about anythink like that while he was a Packer, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And Favre was a well known partier. But that's getting off-topic.

Maybe putting the word exposed in quotation marks wasn't the best idea. What I meant was they're already one of the most well known teams in the NFL, even prior to winning the SB. We don't really need the media exposure from Rodgers, or any other Packer, on the cover.

# 97 mestevo @ 04/19/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
yeah I guess....but really how does Aaron Rodgers not make the cover? Superbowl MVP, break out season placing him in the Manning, Brady level of QB's, storied franchise......Michael Vick...really? Nice comeback season but no where near the season Rodgers had. And Hillis? I like the guy but his team is among the leagues worst.....they finished last with him, they can finish last without him. Is he really a great player or a flash in the pan?????

I'm pretty disappointed in this. It reminds me of MLB all star voting where it's really a popularity contest not an earned honor. Maddenites have been infatuated with Vick ever since they could use him to scramble all over the field. I just don't get this.
Fans just liked the story of Hillis more. Rodgers excelled at what he was asked to do, that's for sure... but given the option what would an average person watch, a clip of Rodgers throwing 3 TD passes or a clip of Hillis hurdling 3 people and plowing someone over? Cleveland just ran an effective get out the vote campaign.

# 98 Exonerated @ 04/19/11 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Fans just liked the story of Hillis more. Rodgers excelled at what he was asked to do, that's for sure... but given the option what would an average person watch, a clip of Rodgers throwing 3 TD passes or a clip of Hillis hurdling 3 people and plowing someone over? Cleveland just ran an effective get out the vote campaign.
or a 5TD Michael Vick clip. boom

# 99 elgreazy1 @ 04/19/11 10:46 AM
I really, really, REALLY hope Vick doesn't win, but I feel I'll be sadly disappointed.

# 100 CYST2000 @ 04/19/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
I won't buy this game if Vick is on the cover, but if Hillis is, then I will give Madden a purchase. Vick has had his chance.
It's not as if I care about the wild and wacky adventures of Ron Mexico. I just don't believe Vick needs to be on the cover a second time. I didn't like it when Mauer, Moss, Iverson, Manning, or anyone for that matter has graced more than one cover, and I believe good play (even if it was a one year spike), should grant someone else the ability to be bragged about and given the spoils of their labor.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.