Home
Madden 12 News Post

The Madden NFL 12 cover athlete is down to the final 2 athletes. Mike Vick (beating Adrian Peterson - 59%/41%) vs. Peyton Hillis (beating Aaron Rodgers - 61%/39%).

Voting has already begun and the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete will be announced on SportsNation April 27, at 4PM ET on ESPN2.

Who has your vote?

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 roadman @ 04/19/11 12:18 PM
Does anyone buy the game because of who is and isn't on the cover?

Never been an issue with me.

# 102 BlueNGold @ 04/19/11 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Does anyone buy the game because of who is and isn't on the cover?

Never been an issue with me.
No. The only thing that matters to me is what's on the disc inside.

I'm sure there's going to be some people turned off by Vick on the cover (if he wins). Can't say I blame them, but they could just pull out the sleeve and throw it out, or better yet have their dog eat it.

# 103 Ike04 @ 04/19/11 12:36 PM
Let's Go Vick! Philly is my team and vick is my favorite nfl player. Im definitely pullin for him

# 104 DocHolliday @ 04/19/11 12:52 PM
I think it is hilarious that Peyton Hillis may be on the cover. The fans are just effin with EA, which I find highly amusing. There are no way the suits wanted Hillis, or Vick for that matter, on the cover.

Bravo voting people, and LOL at you EA.

# 105 spottieottiedop @ 04/19/11 01:02 PM
Not sure of the theme for Madden but when I found out who the finalist are I thought the winner could share the cover w/ that team's legend player. Hills and Jim Brown or Vick and Cunningham. Just like NBA 2k11.

# 106 JustinJones @ 04/19/11 03:26 PM
I picked for these two all the way. I'm sorry but how can you not pick for a BA White Runningback(Not a racist remark! lol), and the most exciting and electrifying QB to date. Great match up, but with Custom Covers I'm sure everyone in the bracket will be made. This is just an advertising campaign letting people know that even though we might not have a NFL next year there will still be a Madden. Oh lord. LOL.

# 107 JustinJones @ 04/19/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I think it is hilarious that Peyton Hillis may be on the cover. The fans are just effin with EA, which I find highly amusing. There are no way the suits wanted Hillis, or Vick for that matter, on the cover.

Bravo voting people, and LOL at you EA.

I don't think any of them care as long as people are voting and showing interest in their product. I doubt any of them could care less as long as someone buys it.

# 108 jfsolo @ 04/19/11 05:55 PM
Win-Fricken-Win is right.

Its either going to be "Huh? Who the bleep is this guy?" or "What? Why the bleep is this guy on the cover?

The biggest meltdown will be with Vick though, so that's who I hope gets it.

# 109 NDAlum @ 04/19/11 06:38 PM

# 110 DJ @ 04/20/11 12:06 AM
I hope Hillis gets the cover. I'm not a Broncos fan but live in Denver and he was by far my favorite player when he burst onto the scene as a rookie. McDaniels then refused to play him after replacing Shanahan and I'm so glad he caught on with the Browns and got a chance to show people what he can do. I just really appreciate the way he plays the game.

# 111 Aggies7 @ 04/20/11 03:50 AM
I wonder if EA is worried about folks boycotting the game if Vick gets on the cover...My vote goes for Hillis I do not want to see a repeat player on the cover.

# 112 mestevo @ 04/20/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I wonder if EA is worried about folks boycotting the game if Vick gets on the cover...My vote goes for Hillis I do not want to see a repeat player on the cover.
PETA will boycott either way, Hillis hunts wild boars.

# 113 dan_457 @ 04/20/11 01:17 PM
Surprised Hillis has made it this far, and beat Aaron Rodgers to boot, but people do love the underdog. If Hillis wins I almost have to buy madden, even though I don't even want madden

# 114 osubuckeyez937 @ 04/20/11 01:26 PM
peyton hillis for sure

# 115 STLRams @ 04/20/11 02:44 PM
God I hope its Vick, especially if it pisses of all of the hypocrites and judgemental people in the world. Also he is one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL.

# 116 BlueNGold @ 04/20/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
God I hope its Vick, especially if it pisses of all of the hypocrites and judgemental people in the world. Also he is one of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL.
Hypocrites and judgmental people? You realize what the guy did, right?

I'm still a Vick fan even though what he did was ****ing terrible, but to act like everyone should be in love with him isn't right at all.

# 117 kjcheezhead @ 04/20/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
PETA will boycott either way, Hillis hunts wild boars.
PETA may boycott either way because they are extremists in a lot of ways. The average american should understand a fundmental difference between hunting an animal like wild boars and forcing domesticated dogs to fight for entertainment.

# 118 kingkilla56 @ 04/20/11 05:34 PM
VICK FTW! I can't wait to read the PR letter that apologizes about not respecting the results of the tournament for the cover. If Peyton Hillis loses against Vick, Aaron Rodger will be the coverboy for Madden 12. Mark my words.

# 119 iCV @ 04/20/11 06:32 PM
Hillis for the win.

Honestly i've been voting for Hillis all the way (well actually Bradford but that didn't last long) He is what football should be and represents Madden perfectly.

# 120 Chardon @ 04/20/11 07:12 PM
I'm more of a fan of NCAA football game, but if my boy Hillis gets on the cover, i will almost have to buy the game. I have been voting for him the whole way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.