Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 07/08/11 07:19 PM
This looks good. Seems like the intros are longer this year. 60-75 seconds. ME LIKE!

# 2 tbigwhoop @ 07/08/11 07:58 PM
Similar if not the same pre-game stock footage (goalies skating in crease, players lining up on bench, etc) as shown in the past couple of years with the exception of the players coming out of the shark (shown 3 years ago).... not a show stopper overall, but come on.

I would love if they added in an overlay of starting lines/D-pairings also. Any useful info (injured players, head to head record, etc).

# 3 CarryTheWeight @ 07/08/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It was cool. But that song suck. I need to hear Seek N Destroy to get the full effect.
Scott, you've been talking about the Shark Head entrance for years and this is your reaction?! :P

Nah, just playing. Custom music will undoubtedly rectify that situation for you. Good to see they're catching back up to the pageantry they had in the last few NHL titles of last generation.

# 4 Jepockn @ 07/08/11 08:27 PM
cool. Glad to see this is back in the game

# 5 Gagnon39 @ 07/08/11 08:38 PM
Awesome! I just hope they add other teams. Even though I hate the Predators, they do a very similar thing to this. I would love to see the lights, bench, and ice turn red at the United Center when the Hawks come out.

# 6 Bumble14 @ 07/08/11 08:43 PM
Nice to see the presentation in this years game is receiving some love. I've been waiting for authentic entrances to return since the leap to this console generation.

# 7 jyoung @ 07/08/11 08:48 PM
Does this mean the return of authentic entrances for all teams?

I hope so.

# 8 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/08/11 09:26 PM
Very nice. Your team has done well Rammer!

# 9 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 07/08/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
It was cool. But that song suck. I need to hear Seek N Destroy to get the full effect.
OK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_K4hu9F5-U

# 10 bwiggy33 @ 07/08/11 10:05 PM
That was pretty sweet. As Scottdau said, Seek and Destroy would have really made that cool. On another note I am really happy the intros are longer this year. Last years was like 20 seconds so it sucked since I used custom music for all of the intros. The 20 seconds was always up right when the song was about to get good.

# 11 SinisterAlex @ 07/08/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
I hear you. I loved I really did. But I need to hear seek n destroy.
It's not that hard to change the intro song to a custom song in the actual NHL 12 game menus... you just can't place a song in the game when ever they feel like it.

# 12 BaylorBearBryant @ 07/08/11 11:32 PM
Scottdau, I know the correct your, you're. I was copy and pasting it. I didn't catch it.

"It was cool. But that song suck. I need to hear Seek N Destroy to get the full effect."

YOUR sentence structure sucks, but I didn't get all bent out of shape about it. There's no need to be the grammar police. It's a message board. I'd hate to see what you would do to people on Twitter.

# 13 Entiae @ 07/09/11 12:34 AM
That looks great.

I look forward to seeing more.

# 14 cup4blues @ 07/09/11 12:57 AM
2k10 had amazing arenas capped off with every team coming out of the correct tunnels for once and EA seems to finally be catching up, except that the sharks are sitting on the wrong bench.

# 15 SinisterAlex @ 07/09/11 02:04 AM
Quote:
You did not understand what I posted. But they is cool. I am saying I can't get the full effect of that until I put Seek N Destroy in it. That is why I didn't feel it like I could have.
Oh my bad, from the way it sounded in my head, it seemed like you were annoyed at EA for not putting a licensed song into their game.

# 16 Vikes1 @ 07/09/11 02:20 AM
Nice to see there'll be more to the team intros this year.

Looking forward to seeing whats been done for some of the other clubs. Also looking forward to 9/13!

# 17 bluemax @ 07/09/11 03:45 AM
Looks good but disappointing for me at least it seems they have the same boring presentation elements before the game, lineups etc. I think they could present these things way better also please EA no more "game tips" or "whats new" during loading screens in beagm! Give some stats, lineup, outsideshots of the arena or whatever but please not the same old!!

# 18 SinisterAlex @ 07/09/11 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemax
Looks good but disappointing for me at least it seems they have the same boring presentation elements before the game, lineups etc. I think they could present these things way better also please EA no more "game tips" or "whats new" during loading screens in beagm! Give some stats, lineup, outsideshots of the arena or whatever but please not the same old!!
Or have FIFA's Arena but for hockey. Have pucks lying on the ice, for us to shoot at the net.

# 19 BlueNGold @ 07/09/11 06:15 AM
That was awesome.

Brings back some of the actually good memories from EA NHL last gen (there weren't too many after NHL 04, lol). Speaking of which, I doubt they have it this year, but I'd love to see the cutscenes NHL 05 had in Dynasty in NHL 12's Be A GM. Things like conference and Stanley Cup banners being raised, awards being presented to a player, injured players in the tunnel with a suit on, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Awesome! I just hope they add other teams. Even though I hate the Predators, they do a very similar thing to this. I would love to see the lights, bench, and ice turn red at the United Center when the Hawks come out.
I don't know about every team but I know they said they have other entrances like the Oilers coming out of the oil rig. I'm guessing the Predators one as well.

# 20 Fiddy @ 07/09/11 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup4blues
2k10 had amazing arenas capped off with every team coming out of the correct tunnels for once and EA seems to finally be catching up, except that the sharks are sitting on the wrong bench.
yeah, i wonder if those tunnels will still be correct during gameplay.

also, it seems they have a lot of teams on wrong bench the past 2 years. Pens being one of them. they had it right from 07 to 09, then 10 and 11 it was wrong.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.