Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Most of us want Charles Barkley in NBA 2K12. Unfortunately, he wasn't announced as one of NBA 2K12's greatests. On Monday, we should find out why.

Quote:
Reading between the lines, it appeared that Barkley, like the Indiana Pacers' great Reggie Miller (polling No. 5 five on that vote), couldn't come to an agreement with 2K Sports over the use of his likeness, last year or this year. Whatever's going on, either he wants too much money, wants a cover or other promotional considerations 2K can't afford or grant.

Or he objects to second-billing under some other star from a cast of dozens highlighting this game. Or, conversely, one of Barkley's old rivals refuses to appear in a game with him. Or, maybe, he signed a Rumplestiltskenian deal with the makers of Barkley: Shut Up and Jam promising them his firstborn if he appeared in another game.

Source - The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12 (Kotaku)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 24 @ 08/20/11 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN89
97-98 lakers arent the focus its about john stockton whatever great moment he had against them
but the kings from 2002 are in the game so shouldn't the lakers be there as well?

# 42 neptuneniq @ 08/20/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
but the kings from 2002 are in the game so shouldn't the lakers be there as well?
why does it matter haha u got kobe and shaq already isnt that enough?

01-02 Kings were added as bonus content, and believe it or not is one of the more popular teams that were requested

they killed 2 birds with one stone

# 43 youvalss @ 08/20/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
If we also had some "great moments" of NBA referees - yes.

# 44 sportjames23 @ 08/20/11 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman30
Maybe we as the proud patrons of the greatest basketball game ever NBA 2K11 have to do the unthinkable in order to voice our displeasure in not having Sir Charles in the game .... THREATEN TO NOT BUY THE GAME by FLOODING THEIR FACEBOOK, TWITTER, & 2K FORUMS UNTIL THEY DO SO! see if they & Barkleys camp are able to come up with a compromise then!

Hell, no. I'm not gonna miss out on all this goodness just because of Chuck, no matter how much I want him in the game.

# 45 eko718 @ 08/20/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
You seem to be missing the point, but it isn't about the Lakers. They used the 1998 Jazz/Lakers because they already had many of the players agreed to previously, that is the same team from Malone's challenge, and that is the team that lost to Chicago for the second time in the Finals. Giving us the '98 Spurs (young Tim Duncan) and Lakers (young Kobe/prime Shaq) is a bonus going against the Jazz. They easily could've gone with the Rockets (sans Barkley) or the Sonics (already included), but they threw current fans of Duncan and Bryant a bone. Thanks for the love shown to two of the greatest ever, VC.
You didn't get the point of what I said, but it doesn't matter one way or the other. It is what it is.

# 46 mreyes930 @ 08/21/11 09:38 AM
I remember a few years ago Sony had exclusive rights to put TNT in their NBA game. I don't know if they even still make those games but that could potentially be why Miller and Barkley declined 2K's offer.

# 47 HakeemDaDream @ 08/21/11 09:56 AM
Why this even needs an explanation from 2k is rather odd. I think a good number of consumers would assume it was all about money which seems the likely scenario. Making an announcement on Monday explaining this serves no purpose other than to publicly embarrass both sides: 2k for being too cheap to fork over the money and Barkley for being too greedy. This is why I'm expecting or rather hoping for 2k to either reveal that Barkley is actually in the game after all due to a last second deal or be available as a DLC.

# 48 atlplayboy23 @ 08/21/11 10:56 AM
I agree why else would you make an announcement that you cant get a player that is bad business and would make 2k look bad. I feel Barkley is in and this will be a major announcement come Monday.

# 49 Control-X @ 08/21/11 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
I feel Barkley is in and this will be a major announcement come Monday.
hopefully.

# 50 youvalss @ 08/21/11 01:21 PM
Just don't keep your hopes too high. You may keep waiting for this announcement for years...

Just saying.

# 51 gfunkadelphia @ 08/21/11 09:30 PM
totally want both CB in sixers uni and Reggie

# 52 eDotd @ 08/21/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
Why this even needs an explanation from 2k is rather odd. I think a good number of consumers would assume it was all about money which seems the likely scenario.
So I'm guessing you weren't readnig these forums when the Legends were announced? There were a few too many people complaining about 2K not getting Barkley in the game, when in fact it's Barkley's fault. It's settled down a bit now but I highly doubt the average consumer is going to assume it's all about money when dudes on OS, guys who circle the sports gaming world like hawks and swoop down on anything new, didn't even assume it was Barkley's doing.

# 53 coolcras7 @ 08/21/11 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
So I'm guessing you weren't readnig these forums when the Legends were announced? There were a few too many people complaining about 2K not getting Barkley in the game, when in fact it's Barkley's fault. It's settled down a bit now but I highly doubt the average consumer is going to assume it's all about money when dudes on OS, guys who circle the sports gaming world like hawks and swoop down on anything new, didn't even assume it was Barkley's doing.
OS, go to facebook, or Youtube they all think it is 2k fault that Reggie and Chuck are not in the game, on here at least we have people who know better and can inform the uninformed but casual games have no idea what is going on so the lash out at 2k.

# 54 qpc123 @ 08/22/11 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
I agree why else would you make an announcement that you cant get a player that is bad business and would make 2k look bad. I feel Barkley is in and this will be a major announcement come Monday.

The way the article reads to me, it never states that 2k is making any announcement(big or small) simple that they will respond to the Kotaku e-mail inquiry they received by Monday.

# 55 brahmagoul @ 08/22/11 02:43 PM
Where's the Curious Case of Greg Ostertag? lol

Looks like he's missing again.

# 56 teebee @ 08/22/11 02:52 PM
Mailman>>Chuckster; chuck not even a PF in comparison to Malone; no big whoop his fat *** isn't in the game

# 57 Pared @ 08/22/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
... but I highly doubt the average consumer is going to assume it's all about money when dudes on OS, guys who circle the sports gaming world like hawks and swoop down on anything new, didn't even assume it was Barkley's doing.
Disappointing.

I expected people on here to know better.

# 58 sportjames23 @ 08/22/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
Mailman>>Chuckster; chuck not even a PF in comparison to Malone; no big whoop his fat *** isn't in the game

Whoa, now. Calm down with that, son. I'd personally take Sir Charles over the Mailman, even if I'm disappointed he's not in the game again.

# 59 The 24th Letter @ 08/22/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Where's the Curious Case of Greg Ostertag? lol

Looks like he's missing again.
Greg Olsterswag is in the game my man

# 60 youvalss @ 08/22/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Greg Olsterswag is in the game my man
True, you just may feel he's not there (a-la real life...).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.