Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports sent us this OS exclusive video of the 1st quarter between the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics. Give it a view and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Cripterion @ 09/15/11 01:16 PM
DAYUM!!!!

2K you got my money!!!

# 142 Da_Czar @ 09/15/11 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
They were affected or changed by the contact physics Bro
Thank you. Do you want the physics or not ? LOL if you don't want 2 player ani's all over the place then this is what you will get . We want this... No wait that's ugly give us back what we had. LOLOL

# 143 XenoZograscope @ 09/15/11 01:19 PM
Visuals are great, so far im loving what im seeing from the gameplay, looking real smooth.

# 144 bigball12 @ 09/15/11 01:20 PM
They fixed over 400 faces, but Mo Williams still does not look correct. An improvement over last year (not saying much), but he is still not that accurate.

# 145 adwin7 @ 09/15/11 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Well it was Ronnie playing I believe, so it's hardly a first game.

I must say I loved what I've seen here. There was no turbo boost when the players were rolling of the picks, and the rolls looked like they could be defended as everything else. This was my biggest gripe with 2k11 and I'm happy to see it's been improved since P&R is trully the bread and butter of bball.
Though it might have been Ronnie playing it don't mean that we are getting a real seasoned 2k player as I'm sure that it's not the only game he has to play and promote. He was doing some weird stuff on offense that I would normally see less skilled players doing. There were plenty of good things in this vid that make me feel as if it may not be quite a revolution its a MAJOR evolution. As Da Czar said it will be a huge step up for the more strategic players.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

# 146 bigball12 @ 09/15/11 01:22 PM
The dribble moves that Blake Griffin uses at 3:11-3:14 are completely outside of his repertoire. there is no way those quick dribbles should be in his package of animations.

# 147 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/15/11 01:28 PM
actually..... Blake does got quick dribbles. They're short and fast, he did use them to get past defenders and go for easy dunks.

# 148 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/15/11 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
The dribble moves that Blake Griffin uses at 3:11-3:14 are completely outside of his repertoire. there is no way those quick dribbles should be in his package of animations.
then u never saw him play, he's the best ballhandler 4 in the league

# 149 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 01:30 PM
yeah, the Mo Williams face is a bit off..i think it may be worse than last year...2k is usually good with their faces, but that one isn't quite right. his skin tone seems too dark as well.

# 150 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/15/11 01:31 PM
Big flaw i found so far

At 53 seconds, Rondo doesn't make contact with the player he is greeeting

# 151 Eman5805 @ 09/15/11 01:31 PM
My new phrase will be "dat break" cuz that open three made me lose my mind.

# 152 blues rocker @ 09/15/11 01:32 PM
yeah, i am also not seeing that "live ball" thing that was mentioned. in the vid i see a lot of situations where it looked like the ball should've bounced off someone's head or leg, but it didn't. it may be just the small video size, so i just can't see closely enough to tell if the ball passed through any body parts.

# 153 Pared @ 09/15/11 01:33 PM
Quote:
...are you being serious?

# 154 jersez @ 09/15/11 01:36 PM
2k you guys have to give us the demo on the 20th it's not fair. Another gameplay vid at least.

# 155 adwin7 @ 09/15/11 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Positives:
-I'm actually loving how the CPU is playing. They are going to they're main guys Griffin and Gordon. And I don't believe I saw them run the same exact play twice. They may have run a similar play but it was on the opposite side of the court or they chose a different option. Also I love how Blake Griffin was so aware of when to set a pick, on one possesion I saw him set 3 perimeter picks when a play wasn't even running.
-The jumpshooting is very smooth; there are no hitches involved and and it looks like the days of getting your jumpshot blocked from rediculous places is gone.
-I liked the animation choices that the game made around the hoop. No more elongated contact animations down low when most NBA players are skilled enough to find a way to put up a clean shot.
-The post game looks completely overhauled for sure, looks like KG has a new post fadeaway. Also the post entries look MUCH better
- Ray Allen's new sig shot looks noooiccee. As well as everybody else's, minus Gordon.
-At 5:26, I love how Rondo began to initiate a euro step but since there was defense in front of him, he was stopped in his tracks and was forced to put up an ugly shot. NICE.
-I loved the final play of the video when O'Neal got blocked by Griffin. Looked smooth and realistic, not canned at all.
Negatives
-The CPU passed up a couple open shots.
-That Griffin layup... yuck.
-Ronnie is not too skilled at the game, seemed like he was trying to spam the paint with Rondo (maybe intentionally?)

Overall this video was great and definitely an improvement from last year in every aspect. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.
This^

Very good eye on the game. Anytime I see a player taking their pg in the paint with nowhere to go like that I know that they are possibly a noob.

Also that rebound off of that O'Neal miss by Blake was nice. Grabbed it wih one hand and secured it under his arm.

# 156 adwin7 @ 09/15/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
Big flaw i found so far

At 53 seconds, Rondo doesn't make contact with the player he is greeeting

Seriously. You can't be?

# 157 Self313 @ 09/15/11 01:43 PM
beautiful

and it doesnt look like its on sim... you can tell its on pro too because thats why they didnt attack on a couple open ops... post game/ fast breaks look incredible

money well spent

# 158 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/15/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
Seriously. You can't be?

i am dead serious

# 159 Toaster @ 09/15/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
They fixed over 400 faces, but Mo Williams still does not look correct. An improvement over last year (not saying much), but he is still not that accurate.
Looks like Earl Watson if you ask me...

# 160 kolanji @ 09/15/11 01:47 PM
any body else notice that Ronnie imported a play "ISO OKC" in his playbook?

if nba 2k12 for some reason gives u a great reference or a look a like of nba 2k11 that by any means should be the GREAT thing, being that 2k11 was the best nba game ever made or sports game for that matter.why fix what was not broken sure it had a fews hiccups but don't abandoned the bone for its shadow.and that i applaud VC for
disregarding the stats overlay pre game visuals..this game has a lot under the hood to explore the fluid nature of the animations are gorgeous and the jumpshots (step back and momentum) are beautiful to look at.the contact animations make sense and there was this instance where kaman got a rebound over rondo for a put back in the paint...and for those of u that might have missed it am pretty sure that the tip seemed kinda lose cause rondo had to go get it and gomes seemed to be doing the same at the start....in 2k11 the ball was always tipped directly to the pg

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.