Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #11, featuring Audio Director, Joel Simmons, as he talks about the new audio additions to the game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 basehead617 @ 09/23/11 03:53 PM
Yeah, are you blind? There's a crowd section of the insight.. There's also crowd in tons of clips

# 62 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/23/11 04:01 PM
I meant a clip to emphasize the loudness they were talking about (like when Wade dunks). I want a LOUD crowd when stuff heat up at home games. It gets me amped when I play. The old EA Live games had the crowd down well.

# 63 strawberryshortcake @ 09/23/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
Yeah, I definitely don't agree with Madden having quality commentary.

I think MLB the Show series has the best commentary for any sports game.
Two important components to quality commentary are: 1) Delivery 2) Lines

2ksports offers both.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could give praise to MLBtheShow's commentary. It's simply not good, especially in the "delivery" department. Matt Vasgersian does a commendable job, but the other two simply kills the immersion. It lacks cohesion. It's delivered in a very robotic fashion.

If you want robotic "VIDEO GAME" commentary, MLBtheShow provides it.

If you want immersive "LIVE BROADCAST" commentary, both NBA2k and MLB2k absolutely delivers.

# 64 neptuneniq @ 09/23/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
still no playoffs and finals atmosphere
foreal....mike was able to implement it in live 10, and it was great

# 65 wallofhate @ 09/23/11 04:21 PM
Simply amazing and outstanding. It wasnt an insight I was interested in but reading and hearing the files its got me the most excited!!! Clips sound like they were pulled straight from a real broadcast!

# 66 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/23/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24
seriously....who cares....what a waste of insight, this is first insight that i didn't waste my time to read it all.

Steve Kerr is terrible, he has no knowledge to the game, makes me wanna puke listening to him.

I remember last season watching the Hawks play, Kerr said the Lakers really miss Josh Powell right now. i was laughing my butt off, Josh Powell was goddamn awful when he was the Lakers, could do absolutely nothing. lol
DID YOU REALLY JUST POST THIS???

I've never wanted to dislike a post more than this one

# 67 SouthBeach @ 09/23/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
meh...... not as good as madden's audio and commentary but at least they're trying to improve it.

# 68 iLLosophy @ 09/23/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss_My_Dimplez
Impressed by how much has been accomplished in a one yr dev. cycle
Wonder if it has anything to do with there being no competition

# 69 Goffs @ 09/23/11 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Wonder if it has anything to do with there being no competition
Even with comp I think they will push no matter what unlike a certain game that will remain nameless...

# 70 mlp111 @ 09/23/11 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
DID YOU REALLY JUST POST THIS???

I've never wanted to dislike a post more than this one
i have to agree with dukedude24, i think this was a waste of an insight a well in some areas, being that were were suppose to receive a control video trailer but its vanished in thin air 2k rather give us audio than video comparison to see how these thing were implemented... but judging by the faces that we have seen.. i understand why they aren't to fast to show us gameplay (art horrible).. but i rather have the control trailer than to sit and listen to audio any day.. so i feel that its was both informative, but waste at same time IMO...

# 71 ffaacc03 @ 09/23/11 05:30 PM
Best part, aside of more arena and player specifics, is that audio can be patched ! ... hopefully, if we do get a season and if coaches are fired/hired, we can get not only models that ressemblance them but some audio (albeit limited) to go along.

Anyways, improvements seem to have been made in the audio area and that is welcomed.

P.S:
The audio database of names received an improvement too !

# 72 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/23/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
meh...... not as good as madden's audio and commentary but at least they're trying to improve it.

# 73 mreyes930 @ 09/23/11 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
i have to agree with dukedude24, i think this was a waste of an insight a well in some areas, being that were were suppose to receive a control video trailer but its vanished in thin air 2k rather give us audio than video comparison to see how these thing were implemented... but judging by the faces that we have seen.. i understand why they aren't to fast to show us gameplay (art horrible).. but i rather have the control trailer than to sit and listen to audio any day.. so i feel that its was both informative, but waste at same time IMO...
Actually the Audio Insight was already scheduled. They didn't give us the Audio "instead" of the Controls Trailer, they just haven't given us the Trailer. It'll get here when it gets here. The game's only 11 days away, soon you won't have to worry about Trailers.

# 74 btrapp @ 09/23/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I definitely don't agree with Madden having quality commentary.

I think MLB the Show series has the best commentary for any sports game.

Actually nba 2k's and mlb 2k's commentary destroys the show's in every way possible. It's not even close.

# 75 JSensui @ 09/23/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Two important components to quality commentary are: 1) Delivery 2) Lines

2ksports offers both.
Disagreed, to say the least. Kellog's lines in particular are all (Almost, at least) cringe worthy. (Like, "Stat stuffer SUPREME!", "Your basket is MY basket")

Harlan is alright, as well as Burke, but Kellog is seriously Godawful. His delivery is cheesy, and the lines given to him are terrible too.

# 76 btrapp @ 09/23/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
foreal....mike was able to implement it in live 10, and it was great
Dude, mike doesn't work with the audio, and the commentary in 2k10 smoked live's by a lage margin.

# 77 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/23/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Disagreed, to say the least. Kellog's lines in particular are all (Almost, at least) cringe worthy. (Like, "Stat stuffer SUPREME!", "Your basket is MY basket")

Harlan is alright, as well as Burke, but Kellog is seriously Godawful. His delivery is cheesy, and the lines given to him are terrible too.
That's Kenny Smith's line from NBA 2k8.

# 78 JSensui @ 09/23/11 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
Burke? Uggh....

"I don't what you guys are doing, you're sleepwalllllking out there"

"some people have question his lack of size, his lack of experience and the LLLAAAACCCCCCCKKKK of ACLs"

Please just get rid of her...
True, some of her little quips are weird (Like, why am I hearing about Lebron's weight?), but she isn't bad at emoting or anything like that.

# 79 B-Wills @ 09/23/11 05:55 PM
Amazing, just amazing. Kinda off topic but I wish madden had the same ambition as 2k does for their games, that's one of the main reasons I wish they'd bring nfl 2k football back. The insights this year were truly stellar. Game comes out in a few weeks so I guess the Association mode insight is gonna be the main treat, can't wait to see that one, because that's the mode I play the most..

# 80 CX1329 @ 09/23/11 05:55 PM
Well, it often comes in spurts. Spurtability is what I call it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.