Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams will be playable online, via DLC.

Greatest stars in NBA history compete in:
  • 2 vs. 2 Teammate Challenge
  • 3 vs. 3 Era Challenge
  • Even 21, H.O.R.S.E. and more
  • You pick the match-ups and rules
  • Play online with the Legendary Teams from NBA's Greatest
  • Import your My Player - can you compete?
  • Set in NYC's iconic Times Square
Thanks SSchevyRidah!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 infam0us @ 09/26/11 02:04 PM
Guys are stealing 2k's thunder, first the Nike ID and now with this. What happens when you take to long.

# 2 starks1903 @ 09/26/11 02:10 PM
i think they r selling this option... it says marketplace

# 3 SdotThaDon @ 09/26/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlmighty
Cool.

I don't get why they're withholding info about key components of the game people have been asking for. Especially when the info can make or break a purchase for a lot of people.
THIS.

Well, I heard what I needed to know to put hype back on a million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starks1903
i think they r selling this option... it says marketplace
I think you're right, as long as it's in I'm ok.....@2k for pulling an EA move though...

# 4 TUSS11 @ 09/26/11 02:12 PM
There better be My Player one on one!

# 5 ffaacc03 @ 09/26/11 02:13 PM
WOW ... my only gripe has been attended ... lets bring it on baby !

# 6 Scrooge @ 09/26/11 02:13 PM
so does this mean we can only use them on the blacktop and not in standard hardwood exhibitions? or 5 on 5 unranked team up play?

# 7 starks1903 @ 09/26/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
There better be My Player one on one!
cool idea. even better if the games r played at same rating level

# 8 Mr_Riddick @ 09/26/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Guys are stealing 2k's thunder, first the Nike ID and now with this. What happens when you take to long.
The game comes out next week, so unless they planned on doing multiple
insights for this week there was no way they would release all this info at once. It's alot of work for just one of these insights. I wouldn't be surprised if some info was meant to be leaked.. But that's just me.
Side note tho power bands are in this year!

# 9 eko718 @ 09/26/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Precisely. Marketing has been horrible this year. Might overall lead to more sales, but perhaps not more fans from this community.

# 10 Kingofthecouch @ 09/26/11 02:18 PM
Good news right there. I wonder how much it cost though. Extended replay value has just been unleashed.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk.

# 11 eko718 @ 09/26/11 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
LOL, you have to pay for it. I'll pass.
Might be free. Could be a disk-space issue, which is why it needed to be done thru DLC. Good omen too. Could we perhaps get other old school goodies throughout the year?....

# 12 SdotThaDon @ 09/26/11 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
so does this mean we can only use them on the blacktop and not in standard hardwood exhibitions? or 5 on 5 unranked team up play?
This would be terrible, they'll then promptly patch it in and charge us for DLC for the DLC.......

# 13 Giammajo @ 09/26/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
^^^this. It looks like we will only be able to play on blacktop, and the wording is vague about playing 5 on 5. Plus it says "available now on xbox live marketplace" so I'm assuming we'll have to pay a little extra for it.

That said, if we can play 5 on 5 hardwood matches with the legendary teams I'll be downloading it in a heartbeat.

# 14 Mintsa @ 09/26/11 02:20 PM
Well......we wanted to use classic teams online.....we got it !!!

At a price !

Next question......what's the price ?

Edit: I just read the posts about using the classic teams on the black top mode only. That would kinda suck....especially at an extra charge. If I was to pay extra I'd want it to be in the arena....not the playground.

Edit # 2: Also, no price is mentioned, maybe it's free ?? Maybe they'll give you a code with purchase of the game ??

# 15 RIZDRAVER @ 09/26/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
Simply poor marketing strategy on 2K's part. Once the game is on disc, anything goes: stuff WILL leak.

They should have announced these features a couple weeks ago.

# 16 TUSS11 @ 09/26/11 02:26 PM

# 17 eko718 @ 09/26/11 02:27 PM
This mode actually could be pretty cool if they refined the blacktop game. Throwback to NBA Street 2...not quite, but sort of.

# 18 TUSS11 @ 09/26/11 02:28 PM

# 19 fatleg3 @ 09/26/11 02:33 PM
Yea it looks like its DLC and in a blacktop setting. Guess we cant have the cake and the ice cream at the same time. Not into the blacktop streetball setting on a sim basketball game. If i wanted that i would play NBA Street but o well at least I can use my 95-95 magic online. Im still skeptical on weather or not you can play 5v5. That screenshot never mentioned it.

Just speculation but some stuff might have been meant to be leaked. The casual gamers is the group the marketing team target and I dont they are going to care to much for things like this, the NIKEID thing, and other things being leaked.

# 20 Knickerbocker @ 09/26/11 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giammajo
^^^this. It looks like we will only be able to play on blacktop, and the wording is vague about playing 5 on 5. Plus it says "available now on xbox live marketplace" so I'm assuming we'll have to pay a little extra for it.

That said, if we can play 5 on 5 hardwood matches with the legendary teams I'll be downloading it in a heartbeat.
Which part of this sentence makes you think that? "Play online with the legendary teams from NBAs greatest!"

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.