Home
Madden 12 News Post

Hello Madden Fans – We have been working hard monitoring issues seen in Madden NFL 12 and identifying fixes to include in title update #2. While we do not have a date to share yet, I can tell you that the update has already made it through our own internal certification process and has been sent off to first party. Pending first party approval, here is what you can expect to see in Title Update #2:

Custom Playbooks have seen a lot of use this year, but there were a few bugs that some users pointed out that we have fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where newly added sets would create their own formation category instead of grouping them in the same Set and Formation they were being added to. This should reduce some clutter in your playbooks going forward.
  • Fixed rare issue where some placeholder text would show up if you removed the last play for all game situations.
  • Fixed an issue where gameplans that had 0 plays in them would cause players to bundle together on the field. This was always avoidable by not setting 0 plays in your gameplan, but in the future this is prevented.
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Ultimate Team where your Ultimate Team playbook would get replaced with your default playbook (per your "My Settings").
Unfortunately, every year there are players that simply look for Exploits in the game and then use them in online head-to-head matches. We've been actively monitoring and cleaning up the leaderboards of clear egregious exploiters. We've also fixed bugs that allowed Exploits to happen.
  • Similar to an issue above, users could create a gameplan with 0 plays, which would then cause players to bundle up at the line of scrimmage and force an encroachment on the defense. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where users could pause the game with three seconds left in a quarter causing a lock up to occur. When the other player left the game the other would get a win.
Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where users were awarded coins when their friends quit out of a head-to-head game.
  • Fixed a situation where user with a maxed out deck could get locked up in the My Trades screen.
  • Fixed issue where previous MUT fans could not earn the "This one is easy" achievement/trophy for creating their MUT team in Madden NFL 12.
  • Removed an exploit where a MUT player grieve another player through encroachments and other penalties but not lose contract time from their players. They would also receive coins.
General Issues
  • Fixed several of the most common crashes and online disconnection issues for both platforms.
  • Optimized performance in "Play Now" team select to prevent slow down/hitching when scrolling teams
  • Improved the online leaderboards to be more accurate.
  • Fixed several issues with commentary and PA.
  • Addressed issue where users with large amounts of save data sometimes could not get into online head-to-head games.
  • Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.
  • Improved the field's texture on PS3.
  • The 'recent games' section for head-to-head games uses the wrong colors for winner & loser. This issue has been addressed.
  • Fixed issue where a user only appears as online in the Communities Member List if they're inside the community feature.
  • Fixed issue where in Franchise, editing a player will remove their player roles.
  • Fixed issue where when the maximum number of entrants for a room has been reached, after a user leaves the room, they'll be taken to a new room when they try to reenter it.

Update: Via @EAMaddenNFL Twitter

Quote:
ADDITIONAL TITLE UPDATE #2 FIX: We also fixed the import draft class bug where kickers and punters were being drafted in the top 10.

Source - Madden NFL 12 Title Update Details

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Champion8877 @ 10/16/11 07:53 PM
thank god they are fixing the rain! now i can actually use the panthers and phins in franchise, the two teams i was looking forward to building the most

# 242 SmashMan @ 10/16/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot2873
Alright, I see that they still have no official date set, but I feel like its been a while since they put this out. Just kinda curious if we have any sort of timeline on this?
Nine days. Nine. Not even a week and a half.

Generally (speaking not just of EA games, but games in general) patch approvals can take about two weeks after leaving the studios.

# 243 Foxtrot2873 @ 10/16/11 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nine days. Nine. Not even a week and a half.

Generally (speaking not just of EA games, but games in general) patch approvals can take about two weeks after leaving the studios.
Thought it had been longer.

# 244 Pandetta @ 10/16/11 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot2873
Thought it had been longer.

Nope 9 days, although NBA2k took a few days to get a patch out the door. They didn't have to release details and then wait two weeks for approval and all the rest of this garbage. 3 days vs essentially months of waiting.

I would say 9 days doesn't account for the reality and that is why you feel like it has been longer.

# 245 roadman @ 10/17/11 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Nope 9 days, although NBA2k took a few days to get a patch out the door. They didn't have to release details and then wait two weeks for approval and all the rest of this garbage. 3 days vs essentially months of waiting.

I would say 9 days doesn't account for the reality and that is why you feel like it has been longer.
I doubt if the NBA2k patch is a big as Madden's either. When I down loaded mine, it took a matter of seconds. I've only had the game since it came out 6 weeks ago, not months ago?

# 246 at23steelers @ 10/17/11 09:49 AM
Speaking of when Madden Patch will be out:

"Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the PS3 and Xbox 360. You can check out the details of the update here"

# 247 bh446066 @ 10/17/11 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Speaking of when Madden Patch will be out:

"Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the PS3 and Xbox 360. You can check out the details of the update here"
Is that a tweet from Madden team? From today?

# 248 jenglund @ 10/17/11 11:15 AM
I'm glad to see weather will be fixed in franchise (hopefully this will work okay).

Disappointed to not see a tweaking of CPU cut logic and no fix for getting more DE pressure and less DT pressure...which would help form a real pocket.

Rest of the game plays well, except for the poor QB AI, but I guess that's better than the Robo QB of the past.

# 249 RogueHominid @ 10/17/11 12:45 PM
Quicker turnaround than I expected on this--I'm definitely happy about that. Now if only we could edit the Robocop shoulder pads .

# 250 Bblade @ 10/17/11 01:12 PM
I need a broadcast vie fix...Like why have a broadcast view if we cant see where the ball is being thrown...GEESH!!!

# 251 harrybawls @ 10/17/11 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Completely wrong... If.they have a patch out a few days after release then it has been worked on for a coupme of weeks atleast and been to Sony and Microsoft for atleast that amount of time. Madden already had a patch out on day one. It is the same process for every video game company.
I don't think completely wrong because this patch is coming out for both systems at the same time. EA had to have something to do with the release timing (which is way too slow IMO).

# 252 C the Lyte @ 10/17/11 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotomtime
regardless about how good madden is or isnt, they need compitition and madden isnt a bad game (with compitiion) every game can slack w/o competing brands in certain areas (aka 2k12 online).
MADDEN NEEDS TO GET SOME SORT OF COMPITION
Yeah thi... Wait, what the hell is this?

# 253 C the Lyte @ 10/17/11 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I swear other sports games are throwing patches out in a matter of days, if not hours. I've never understood what takes Madden and NCAA forever to get patches through.
This is completely inaccurate. I would be quite bothered if someone came out with a patch a week or so after release.

As for the statement "other sports games are throwing patches out in a matter of days", I challenge you to name 1 that has done that. Of course, not including the release day patch that all games have.

# 254 mike24forever @ 10/17/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
This is completely inaccurate. I would be quite bothered if someone came out with a patch a week or so after release.

As for the statement "other sports games are throwing patches out in a matter of days", I challenge you to name 1 that has done that. Of course, not including the release day patch that all games have.
For a game developer, you will never find a bigger EA basher. He likes to pop off about anything EA.

# 255 roadman @ 10/17/11 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybawls
I don't think completely wrong because this patch is coming out for both systems at the same time. EA had to have something to do with the release timing (which is way too slow IMO).
No, not really.

They announced the patch was sent to MS/Sony on Oct 7th. The game came out at the end of August. So, they look at everyone's input for a week or two and then began developing the patch. So, in house, the patch was worked on for 3-4 weeks and tested in their house by Oct 7th. Once it's out of EA's hands, testing from MS/Sony takes 1-2 weeks.

Patch released by Oct 18th. That's a pretty good time line if you ask me. NCAA's was much longer than that.

As far as quick patches, yeah 2k released one recently for online issues, but that was it. It was a much smaller patch than this one.

# 256 Rio_West @ 10/18/11 01:37 AM
How do you download the patch??? I got online and started up madden but no message popped up to inform me there was an update, so how do I get my hands on it???

# 257 37 @ 10/18/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio_West
How do you download the patch??? I got online and started up madden but no message popped up to inform me there was an update, so how do I get my hands on it???
it's only for PS3......u should be notified on ur screen as soon as u boot up ur PS3...it's Version 1.02

# 258 tanner75 @ 10/18/11 03:32 AM
no patch for ps3 in uk yet, any idea when we will get it?

# 259 EntroMak24 @ 10/18/11 02:39 PM
so do you have to make a new custom playbook for the fix for the formation categories to work?

# 260 NightStalker3 @ 10/18/11 06:14 PM
Fix the Super LB Leaping INTS!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.