Home
Madden 12 News Post

Hello Madden Fans – We have been working hard monitoring issues seen in Madden NFL 12 and identifying fixes to include in title update #2. While we do not have a date to share yet, I can tell you that the update has already made it through our own internal certification process and has been sent off to first party. Pending first party approval, here is what you can expect to see in Title Update #2:

Custom Playbooks have seen a lot of use this year, but there were a few bugs that some users pointed out that we have fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where newly added sets would create their own formation category instead of grouping them in the same Set and Formation they were being added to. This should reduce some clutter in your playbooks going forward.
  • Fixed rare issue where some placeholder text would show up if you removed the last play for all game situations.
  • Fixed an issue where gameplans that had 0 plays in them would cause players to bundle together on the field. This was always avoidable by not setting 0 plays in your gameplan, but in the future this is prevented.
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Ultimate Team where your Ultimate Team playbook would get replaced with your default playbook (per your "My Settings").
Unfortunately, every year there are players that simply look for Exploits in the game and then use them in online head-to-head matches. We've been actively monitoring and cleaning up the leaderboards of clear egregious exploiters. We've also fixed bugs that allowed Exploits to happen.
  • Similar to an issue above, users could create a gameplan with 0 plays, which would then cause players to bundle up at the line of scrimmage and force an encroachment on the defense. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where users could pause the game with three seconds left in a quarter causing a lock up to occur. When the other player left the game the other would get a win.
Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where users were awarded coins when their friends quit out of a head-to-head game.
  • Fixed a situation where user with a maxed out deck could get locked up in the My Trades screen.
  • Fixed issue where previous MUT fans could not earn the "This one is easy" achievement/trophy for creating their MUT team in Madden NFL 12.
  • Removed an exploit where a MUT player grieve another player through encroachments and other penalties but not lose contract time from their players. They would also receive coins.
General Issues
  • Fixed several of the most common crashes and online disconnection issues for both platforms.
  • Optimized performance in "Play Now" team select to prevent slow down/hitching when scrolling teams
  • Improved the online leaderboards to be more accurate.
  • Fixed several issues with commentary and PA.
  • Addressed issue where users with large amounts of save data sometimes could not get into online head-to-head games.
  • Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.
  • Improved the field's texture on PS3.
  • The 'recent games' section for head-to-head games uses the wrong colors for winner & loser. This issue has been addressed.
  • Fixed issue where a user only appears as online in the Communities Member List if they're inside the community feature.
  • Fixed issue where in Franchise, editing a player will remove their player roles.
  • Fixed issue where when the maximum number of entrants for a room has been reached, after a user leaves the room, they'll be taken to a new room when they try to reenter it.

Update: Via @EAMaddenNFL Twitter

Quote:
ADDITIONAL TITLE UPDATE #2 FIX: We also fixed the import draft class bug where kickers and punters were being drafted in the top 10.

Source - Madden NFL 12 Title Update Details

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 il blood il @ 10/08/11 04:55 PM
i dont understand how PI penatly being non existent in the game is not an issue that needs to be fixed? its the most called foul IRL along with holding and yet in madden you can basically level a WR and wont get called on it

# 122 Hook 'em Horns 87 @ 10/08/11 05:13 PM
I agree with you blood, pass interference is also non-existent in this game. Seriously, these issues need to be adressed in this years title!

# 123 roadman @ 10/08/11 06:56 PM
In a podcast a few weeks ago, Michael Young, the Creative Director mentioned it's something they could take a look at next year.

I don't know how much time it would to take out the old code and put in new code, but that might be why we don't see it in a patch.

Time issues.

# 124 duhitsrandy @ 10/08/11 07:10 PM
no accelerated clock options, or huge shoulder pads fix for imported draft classes for franchise mode

# 125 qwikphaze01 @ 10/08/11 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truegamer
Can somebody anwser with any knowledge if i already edited the players role that left will it come back with the patch!!
you will have to strat a new franchise. * sorry if this was answered already, i just picked up from the page i last read.*

# 126 kjjnesb @ 10/08/11 10:38 PM
Would it be possible that import rookies and udfa looking fugly can be fixed by tuner because it seems the in-game engine generates them that way. I'm still trying to hold out hope EA didn't leave it broken. lol

# 127 bigdfan76 @ 10/08/11 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I have not seen that, I started with pre-existing injuries and have played 2 seasons now and have not had a problem. When you look at the transactions after each week whenever the AI has a guy put on IR they just sign someone to replace him. Oh well whatever, lucky me I guess, I have not seen half the problems most people claim to see.
It's not a matter of not having enough guys at 1 position, although it can be. It's a matter of the IR only going 9 players deep. This is a serious issue and it could and will ruin people's franchise. I can't believe there is more uproar for bad QB completion %s but no one is mad about this. All I can do is start without pre-existing injuries and make back up saves and hope some random team doesn't hit the injury bug bad. Heck the world champions last year had what like 16 guys on IR! Can somone confirm or deny this bug please, preferably a dev.

# 128 MaddenxScientist @ 10/09/11 04:10 AM
Custom Playbook Audibles! No Mention???? who makes a custom playbook with out their own audibles??? Audibles is one of the most important things to playing high level madden!

# 129 BlingBling19 @ 10/09/11 10:50 AM
Yes the rain is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game goes back to being awesome!

# 130 jetsfan08865 @ 10/09/11 12:51 PM
Nice update. When will the update be released? EA just saved this game from the dreaded gaming retirement bookcase. were i put all my beaten or just plan awful games to rest.

# 131 EHS_25 @ 10/09/11 12:52 PM
THEY ARE FIXING THE FIELDS!! THANK THE LORD!! looks likes i can play with Indy now!!

# 132 TLizChosen @ 10/09/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
i dont understand how PI penatly being non existent in the game is not an issue that needs to be fixed? its the most called foul IRL along with holding and yet in madden you can basically level a WR and wont get called on it
I Have seen pass interference...It was a hit taken before the ball arrived..online as well if that matters

sent from my EVO 3D

# 133 bichettehappens @ 10/09/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
I've leveled a WR and had PI called. But yeah, obviously PI needs to be fixed but I think the reason we don't see it done in a patch is they'd likely have to completely re-code WR&DB interactions and, given the lack of a true physics engine, add corresponding animations.

As it is now the only time PI even "deserves" to be called is when you level a guy early or in the case where a defender gets in front of the receiver and impedes his progress to the ball, but even that's not an interaction animation.

I don't think something like that will ever be fixed in a patch, we can only hope to see it fixed for next year IMO

# 134 kjjnesb @ 10/09/11 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Geez so many people are mad. The game is great gameplay wise, they are fixing a few gameplay bugs, and the weather in franchise mode. I'm more than happy.
I wouldn't say a few bugs lol

# 135 Pandetta @ 10/09/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I wouldn't say a few bugs lol
A couple bugs?

# 136 BigBoi23 @ 10/09/11 03:22 PM
YES!! THANK YOU EA FOR FIXING THE FIELDS ON PS3!!!

# 137 CzingerX @ 10/09/11 07:28 PM
I think this is a pretty good patch list changelog. No devoloper knocks out all bugs with one patch. This is a good first try here, better than usual from them.. Another chunck with get taken care of when a tuner update comes out shortly after this I'm guessing.

# 138 Rio_West @ 10/09/11 08:25 PM
This patch is irrelevant to me for the simple fact that this discription doesn't mention anything about fixing rookies, drafted and undrafted as well as computer generated players coming out looking obnoxiously rediculous. Nobody, at least myself that is, wants to play a video game where the players look like project power rangers. I'm talking shoulder pads rediculously huge, body proportions extremely distorted, huge tops skinny legs, skinny upper body, huge lower body...it's ignorant and over the top and if they don't fix this then the game is not worth it. I feel like i'm playing blitz 2.0 or something, Andrew Luck should not look like piccolo 2011....Really???? They better come up with a solution real soon or i'm trading this piece of crap in....

# 139 unBEARable @ 10/09/11 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLizChosen
I Have seen pass interference...It was a hit taken before the ball arrived..online as well if that matters
i'm into year 2 of my franchise and never seen a PI call. slider is set to 100.

willing to bet £1,000,000,000,000,000,000 that it won't be fixed in 13.

# 140 Armor and Sword @ 10/10/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntroMak24

Sheesh.

Seriously.

If the passing stats....I am talking about TD's, yards, INT's look solid (and they do IMO) who cares about this? really...what difference in the grand scheme of things does this make?

It is a video game with human influence on the perfromance of virtual players.

I don't understand this with football games.

Baseball......totally a different animal. Stats drive baseball. It is what baseball is all about.

Football is about winning and no one cares how you win.....just win baby (RIP AL).

Baseball stats are directly corrleated to wins and losses and who the playoff teams are in the end for the most part. Same with Basketball. But Football? Man I can't tell how many times stat's never tell the story of the game.

I guess my point is....if this stat "completion %" is ruining what I feel is a great and fun game of console football. That sucks for you.

But if this is the most important thing to you.....hey it is what it is. Meantime the game is a blast to play.

I am very happy this patch is not making wholesale changes to gameplay which by all accounts for me personally has been steller for a Madden game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.