Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch is available now for 360 owners and in the coming days for the PS3. If you are following along with Ronnie2K on Twitter, you will see some of the details, as listed below.

Make sure you leave details on your online experience, after the patch.

Quote:
  • The #NBA2K12 patch has been released on @XBOX. Please boot up your system and get the update, #PS3 in coming days- http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12
  • Purpose of patch is to help alleviate as many online issues as we can. Namely changing things in Loading Screens causing drops
  • Those are 2 main things we attempt to fix (network errors & long time in getting a game h2h/team-up) in the #NBA2K12Patch
  • Patch is supposed to fix the network drop if you manage defensive settings in load screen
  • Some people haven't got update as it rolls out regionally. Should be a couple hours as it gets everywhere. After that I need y'alls feedback

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 GP Mercy @ 10/15/11 08:39 AM
I haven't downloaded the patch yet. Can you just not download it? Can't you go somewhere in the memory options on the 360 and wipe the patches you installed?

# 122 BlackRome @ 10/15/11 08:43 AM
ZooM z00m: The game has been on skates since last year. It is what it is. It's not how you play defense. It's in the game.

The biggest thing everyone talked about this year in reviews is that the response was better. Well. It isn't.

I swear I would take a 2k8 roster update, lobbies with a message board and online that works over any of the last 4 games they have released.

# 123 BlackRome @ 10/15/11 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I thought it was just me. I had tons of frame rate issues last night from my OFFLINE association last night. Then I read this thread. SMH. I agree these companies focus so much damn attention to online when the minority use it. Now we gotta deal with this junk just so their broken mess is fixed?

I really wish they had a "roll back to previous version" option for patches like this.
All. Don't tell me. Your mother kept you in the house because the neighborhood was a little too tough and you were both punks.

Who plays the AI,. Are you serious. You sit in your room with your imaginary trades thinking you run the NBA world.

Go online and play someone. Scared of competition.

What I have found is that the guys who usually only play the AI suck.

Big time.

# 124 JCEVO @ 10/15/11 09:34 AM
When online feels like offline then thats when ill convert to online play. If its not lag compensation then its the sluggish game play. Then you have to deal with cheeser and plug pullers all roll into one and people like u black say online is where is at?

Lol imo thats too much to deal with. People take there sports game seriously and and im included and i dont want to lose any game just because the game lag on me or my controller didn't respond in time

Lol i rather play the A. I. or play with my guys in my crib cause its only one thing i have worry about losing the game. MY OPPONENT!!!!!!

# 125 Pared @ 10/15/11 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Seems Ronnie and LD2K are online playing random people ATM and not having any online issues. How is everyone doing, as of now online?
Played two vs. games online yesterday with the patch and they were as smooth as last year (later on in the year).

I'm happy.

Haven't tried to play offline though - it is confined to maybe online association or is it any offline game, like Exhibition/MyPlayer?

# 126 Scruffychicken @ 10/15/11 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
All. Don't tell me. Your mother kept you in the house because the neighborhood was a little too tough and you were both punks.

Who plays the AI,. Are you serious. You sit in your room with your imaginary trades thinking you run the NBA world.

Big time.
You're making fun of him for playing offline? On a game with a bad track record for it's online capabilities?

There's a ton of people on OS that play strictly offline, and it has nothing to do with being a "punk", so get off your high horse.

On topic, I'm too having framerate issues offline. A quick pause fixes it momentarily, but it seems to happen during fast break situations. I did hop online and the lag is a lot better, about to the point it was last year.

# 127 jusman97 @ 10/15/11 10:42 AM
Seems like alot of people have been hating against online since the patch, although I'm not a online gamer when it comes to sports games, but give 2k some time, patch came out yesterday, so servers are still bad.

I find that online has screwed up some offline games. That doesn't mean 2k can't fix this. It's a known issue and will PROBABLY be fixed for next patch

# 128 jreezy18 @ 10/15/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome

Big time.
Pretty much everything you said here was uncalled for. "Big time".

# 129 Pared @ 10/15/11 11:05 AM
Post was dealt with - stop quoting it and move on.

# 130 greenegt @ 10/15/11 11:15 AM
Yikes. Glad I didn't get the patch, yet. I'll be sure to keep my xbox offline when I play next.

# 131 Mintsa @ 10/15/11 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Played two vs. games online yesterday with the patch and they were as smooth as last year (later on in the year).

I'm happy.

Haven't tried to play offline though - it is confined to maybe online association or is it any offline game, like Exhibition/MyPlayer?

Thanks for the impressions Pared. I can live and would be more than happy with late 2k11 performance online.

Also some info for the ps3 guys.....I read over on the 2k boards that Ronnie stated on his twitter that it wouldn't be until next week for the ps3 patch.

# 132 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 10/15/11 11:37 AM
Got disconnected 3 times from online association games ever since the patch. Before the patch I had no issues connecting and finishing games. Any help or suggestions?

# 133 oldman @ 10/15/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
My impression is this: why are the servers down right now, and every day since I bought the game?

All my games online disconnect from the countdown screen. Then it's "evaluating your internet connection" - then server not available.

So I pop in Ghost Recon and play that game online instead. This sucks.
Exactly my point! Ps3 users haven't even gotten the patch yet, but our online association servers have been down for over 24 hours!

# 134 oldman @ 10/15/11 04:31 PM
So I decided I would check out something with 2k's servers. I created a new association and am able to leave it and re-enter it freely. However the one I am in that is a week old is unaccessable by any users!

# 135 basketballfreak24 @ 10/15/11 05:20 PM
havent seen a network error yet from changing the loading screen options. i did get one though. when i changed my plays during an online quick match. i finished the game with no problems and when i tried to play another game, my plays were still there. i said to myself "wow they actually saved from one game to the next." so right after tipoff for the second game, as soon as i call one of the plays i had changed the previous game, BOOM. network error. the dream was over.

# 136 jusman97 @ 10/15/11 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Got disconnected 3 times from online association games ever since the patch. Before the patch I had no issues connecting and finishing games. Any help or suggestions?
Just give the 2k servers some time, patch came out yesterday

# 137 bakesalee @ 10/16/11 05:49 PM
I noticed after the patch that when online, when a cheesy opponent tries to force 8-sec violations on you, more often than not they get called for a blocking foul. This is good.

Just a reminder to the devs if they're reading this, that after the patch "looking for opponent" when trying to find a game online takes literally 5-10 minutes to find a match on Xbox.

# 138 qnzballa5 @ 10/16/11 06:23 PM
100% cosign this happens after every gm i win online. Network error when i run my plays when its saved.. Sad really..

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballfreak24
havent seen a network error yet from changing the loading screen options. i did get one though. when i changed my plays during an online quick match. i finished the game with no problems and when i tried to play another game, my plays were still there. i said to myself "wow they actually saved from one game to the next." so right after tipoff for the second game, as soon as i call one of the plays i had changed the previous game, BOOM. network error. the dream was over.

# 139 Lee Harrison @ 10/16/11 06:27 PM
The patch has ruined the offline games sorry folks but is the truth....
Lag,frame go down and when you save a match(association)and you reprise voila! block of game and many other problem......
I have delete the patch and puff!!:the game offline returned OK.......

Pro patch(maybe)average match online
Contro the game offline is unplayable.........

PsSorry for my english(i know i'm repetitive).......

# 140 Tpitt85 @ 10/16/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Harrison
The patch has ruined the offline games sorry folks but is the truth....
Lag,frame go down and when you save a match(association)and you reprise voila! block of game and many other problem......
I have delete the patch and puff!!:the game offline returned OK.......

Pro patch(maybe)average match online
Contro the game offline is unplayable.........

PsSorry for my english(i know i'm repetitive).......
i cant comment to much on association because i dont play it but i can say that even regular quick games suffer from the same framerate and lag issues offline to where the game offline is/was unplayable i had to clear my system cache and start from scratch

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.