Home
NHL 12 News Post

NHL 12 patch 1.03 details have been released. It is already available for the PS3. For 360 users, it will be available on Nov. 1st.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:
  • Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
  • * John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
  • Several fixes for freezing issues
  • Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
  • Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
  • Several Goalie Improvements
  • Several Physics improvements
  • Several AI improvements
  • Improved interference penalty logic
  • Performance trackers fixes
  • Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
  • Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Therion7 @ 11/07/11 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
wow well said! i agree! Wont buy NHL 13 on release day or wont buy it at all...
cant stand this sh++ every year. EA its a shame!
Aside from the CPU being a little cheap at times and some aesthetic sloppiness concerning missing center-ice wordmarks, I really enjoyed 11. It never froze once on me at all. Having played a few games of it last night, I began to really appreciate all the stuff that worked last year. I was deliberately slashing the CPU just to enjoy the ref reacting like he should!

Opting for a CHL season, so this "lost" year can be put to good use getting to know some of the potential future NHLers. If anything it reinforced just how little the game changes from year to year. No doubt 13 will put back the decent goal celebration shots from 11 that were missing this year and claim it's new!

# 122 canucksss @ 11/07/11 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Noticed a lot more of this from the CPU since the patch:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/101193901

Just to set up the scenario, this is after the play has ended. How is that not a penalty? If my player(s) even touches the CPU goalie, it's interference. Miller gets mugged, and the game acts like nothing happened. What gives, EA?

FWIW, I have the offplay penalties set to 'authentic,' so obviously this should be called.
i hate this glitch....... but the worst thing .... u cannot immediately change to your F/D to challenge to a fist-fight the CPU for this act. very annoying.

# 123 Vikes1 @ 11/07/11 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
This patch changed nothing for me that I noticed.

There's still only 1-2 penalties a game!
Yeah...I'd say about the same for me too.

I really don't notice much if any real difference in the gameplay. As far as penalties go, I'm seeing some games with a decent number of penalties...while others with maybe one called.

# 124 BlueNGold @ 11/07/11 11:34 PM
I played a game last night in my Jets Be A GM where I had 3 penalties and the other team (can't remember who) had 3. That's probably the best I've gotten so far.

There definitely is a lack of penalties though, which is disappointing. I hope they're not done patching/tuning the game because they need an increase. And of course there's the pass reception issue as well.

# 125 MizzouRah @ 11/08/11 10:03 AM
I have games that have no penalties whatsoever..

# 126 Majingir @ 11/08/11 11:26 AM
Penalties make HUGE difference to the game, not just about being able to high stick someone and not have it called, but goals and shots are affected so much because of penalties. So we'll have less amount of goals than we should(unless we adjust sliders), but not enough shots. Some teams can get around 10+ shots a game on the PP and only around 1 goal, that's still better than what we have now.

Goalies sv% and gaa is actually realistic with penalties being called more often.

Why was the demo so good though but the actual game isn't? Most of the game seems nothing like the demo. The demo was made before the game was finished, but things on the game that are bad(like the freezes,and no penalties) were fine on the demo.

# 127 Fiddy @ 11/11/11 11:18 AM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7717797.page

----v1.02 Updated----

1) Reduced goof-off time (post whistle) in OTP/clubs to prevent the repeated abuse of the goalies. We weren't able to increase goalie interference penalties during goof-off time without increasing them overall.

2) Increased the penalty for not selecting a side during a face-off. Some users were rapidly changing sides or not choosing a side and still winning a high frequency of face-offs. Now you will be more likely to lose the face-off if you aren't selecting a side and holding that side until the puck drops.

# 128 savoie2006 @ 11/12/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Why was the demo so good though but the actual game isn't? Most of the game seems nothing like the demo. The demo was made before the game was finished, but things on the game that are bad(like the freezes,and no penalties) were fine on the demo.
The demo is alot smaller, so there is a much less chance you're gonna see the issues.

# 129 wyldechylde77 @ 11/14/11 11:03 AM
Damn..with all the bugs goin on I guess it's good I didn't get NHL 12
yet?

# 130 gsize19 @ 11/14/11 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechylde77
yet?
I honestly don't think it is going to be much better even with another patch installment... This years team of EA Sports NHL Series constituents have their money, and they are running...

# 131 Vikes1 @ 11/16/11 05:58 PM
I'm going to give V1.01 another try.

It may be a coincidence but, seems I remember the cpu pass % being a bit lower with 1.01. And since going to 1.03...I've yet to see any player fan on a shot. Which to me I think was a pretty cool addition for '12'.

# 132 canucksss @ 11/16/11 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechylde77
yet?
unless they patch these glaring bugs/glitches... stay away. if you have nhl 11 just play it and if you can find someone who can do your roster for this year you're pretty much good at it.

# 133 DJ @ 11/16/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm going to give V1.01 another try.

It may be a coincidence but, seems I remember the cpu pass % being a bit lower with 1.01. And since going to 1.03...I've yet to see any player fan on a shot. Which to me I think was a pretty cool addition for '12'.
1.1 is what I've been using. The latest tuners made the game even more arcade-ish, IMO.

# 134 Brutalboy @ 11/20/11 11:10 PM
Hi There,

Can someone can , if possible, upload the title update and tuner somewhere? I'm a xbox 360 offline user and would like to have the Jets jersey and the custom music fix. You can share the update on the usual site xbuc dot net

Thank in advance.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.