Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC is available now for 360 users. The DLC should be available for PS3, later this afternoon. For details about the DLC, click here.

Queue it up right here, if you're on 360 (800 Points)

Play a few games, test some things out and let us know what you are seeing.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase Add-on Content Now Available

Adds hours of play with more than 300 basketball legends and all-new gameplay modes

New York, NY – November 29, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today that Legends Showcase, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available for $9.99 via PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and for 800 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“2K Sports is committed to supporting NBA 2K12 by providing fans with exciting and engaging downloadable content,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. “We’re proud to present Legends Showcase as the first add-on package for the franchise. The new modes and legends will provide NBA fans with even more content to satisfy their professional basketball hunger.”

Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square. It will enhance NBA 2K12 by providing a never-seen-before gaming experience, giving fans an all-new way to end the debate over who is the greatest basketball player of all time.

Legends Showcase allows gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge. Gamers can also unlock current NBA players to create unique match-ups between legends and current stars. Finally, for the ultimate challenge, gamers can bring their My Player into the mix and battle the legends of the NBA to see how they stack up against the best ever.

Legends Showcase also includes Classic Quick Match, a new mode that allows gamers to play online with the “NBA’s Greatest” teams in a regular simulation setting.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Wii, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system and Windows PC. Legends Showcase* is add-on content for NBA 2K12 and now available to be downloaded via PlayStation® Network or Xbox LIVE.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 sportjames23 @ 11/29/11 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Sorry, I'm saying without any kind of hexing, I do not see any of the new legends from the DLC in the regular part of the game. The only legends I have access to in the regular part of the game (the non-DLC) are the legends included in the game on release day.

When I talked about '03 McGrady and '01 Carter, I was referring to using them within the DLC mode. The other poster who talked about Rick Barry being on his own team in the actual game I would assume is utilizing some sort of weird hex. The good news for me is that all the classic teams in the regular game are indeed open to free trade.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks.

# 62 Sundown @ 11/29/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
as of right know no they seem to be a new id code for them or it only works with in the mod but i was able to get the time sq arena to work in normal game play. pic below

That doesn't even look half bad-- if we could just turn off the atrocious cel-shading! ARRGH.

Some 2K decisions with the main game and DLC feel like 2K is trolling us hard this year.

# 63 Goffs @ 11/29/11 02:46 PM
anybody figure out how to turn off cel shading?

# 64 mkharsh33 @ 11/29/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
1993 Drazen Petrovic is rated 82 overall. His mid-range rating is 92 or 93.
Kinda funny... On the 92-93 corroboration project that portlandblazer and I did for NBA2K11 (of which I did all the research/ratings and he did the accessories/court & jersey edits) I had Petrovic rated an 83 overall with an 87 medium-range jumpshot (based upon a statistic-to-ratings formula that I developed). He shot just under 52% that season, but I gave him an 89 3-point rating as he shot 45% from 3-range. Nice to see a fair rating from 2K...

I chimed in here because this was a thread that might help me make a decision whether to purchase 2K12. Still think I might pass based upon the comments here... Appreciate the observations.

# 65 Pared @ 11/29/11 03:12 PM
Once again - unless you have the DLC and you're posting impressions or asking a question, you shouldn't be randomly commenting here.

You want to complain when you're given infractions? Keep in mind that some can't seem to follow one simple rule.

# 66 ZB9 @ 11/29/11 03:18 PM
Im loving the DLC and all of the players that they added. The collection of legends in this game now is INSANE, and probably the best ever seen in a sports game

The main reason I bought this was the ability to use classic teams in online matches. However, im finding the 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 challenges offline are surprisingly addictive..I had a heck of a time trying to defeat the Zo-LJ combo

# 67 schmit_95 @ 11/29/11 03:22 PM
Ive played it for about an hour and Im really liking it. Its a nice diversion from the main game, which the legendary games were at first. The number of players is really awesome, and I found it very cool that while you cant use a classic team in a season (why would you want to against the teams of today) you can use them in the playoff mode! Very cool!! @k12 is not perfect but damn is there a lot of content going for it!!! I love it

# 68 bigball12 @ 11/29/11 03:25 PM
They do not have online Team-up for these teams correct? Will someone try creating a private team-up game, and checking if the classic teams are available to be chosen? Thanks!

# 69 CactusJunk @ 11/29/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit_95
I found it very cool that while you cant use a classic team in a season (why would you want to against the teams of today) you can use them in the playoff mode!
Sorry for having trouble understanding something that's probably pretty obvious, but are you saying that I can no longer take legend teams (i.e., the ones that originally came with the disc) into Association/season mode? Or are you saying that the DLC classic teams can be used offline in the Playoff mode? Something else?

If it's the first, I am beyond irate and feel like I wasted $60. If it's the second, that would be pretty cool.

# 70 stun704 @ 11/29/11 03:50 PM
Hows the myplayer implementation, can vs other myplayers 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc? and can you team up with other my players to play through the challenges?

# 71 thefranchise03 @ 11/29/11 04:03 PM
Where is TMac and Vince etc? Do I have to unlock them?

# 72 bakesalee @ 11/29/11 04:07 PM
In the main menu, I still get "coming soon" - and it's not showing when I browse game "add ons". How do I find this?

EDIT: I ended up getting it through the link on the first page of this thread. Still no option to buy it from the Xbox in game or in the marketplace.

# 73 crusaderhoops10 @ 11/29/11 04:10 PM
Does anyone know when this will be available for PS3? I thought that PlayStation store updated between 3 and 4 EST.

# 74 thefranchise03 @ 11/29/11 04:16 PM
Only 3 players from the 50's? Really? It would be nice to see Dolph Schayes, Neil Johnston and Cliff Hagan, but oh well, whatever. their decision I guess.

# 75 almostbobsaget @ 11/29/11 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stun704
Hows the myplayer implementation, can vs other myplayers 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc? and can you team up with other my players to play through the challenges?
Short answer, no. My Player implementation is extremely weak. The only thing you can do is put him in 21, HORSE, 1v1 2v2, etc. And to top it off, he has a generic 2K Jersey.

No online play vs other my players, no challenges in the new showcase. It was really horribly implemented.

# 76 bakesalee @ 11/29/11 05:07 PM
Paid $10 to get online with the 90's teams, played 3 straight cheesers who mashed the steal button, and the game rewarded them with fancy fast break slam dunks and huge leads. This sucks.

I was also blinded with the prizes of classic teams that I forgot online is frustratingly slow. Passes take forever to launch, by the time it does, my open man inexplicably runs into traffic giving the cheeser yet another steal.

I have a blast offline when and if I can get a friend over to my apartment, but it's a completely different game online - I hate it.

# 77 LD2k @ 11/29/11 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
Does anyone know when this will be available for PS3? I thought that PlayStation store updated between 3 and 4 EST.
Keep an eye out - it should be updating any time.

For now, here's a link to purchase the DLC: http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K12DLC

# 78 mreyes930 @ 11/29/11 05:31 PM
DLC on PS3 is live. Look for it in the search bar.

Edit: I'll probably just be waiting to see if PS3 guys are having the same problems as the 360 guys before deciding whether or not to get this. Let's see some impressions.

# 79 lsalas76 @ 11/29/11 05:31 PM
Tried 2 vs 2 and it wasn't bad. I don't particularly care for the graphics and it reminds me alot of NBA Jam. I was Pip and MJ and had trouble against Zo and Grandmama. Once I got to my 4th opponent I kind of got bored and seemed tedious to complete. Does anybody know how many teams we need to beat in order to complete the 2 vs 2 challenge and also the 3 on 3 challenge?

Also if we cannot choose classic teams in a private match against a friend I will be extremely upset and would want my money back.

I only really bought and downloaded this because 1.)so that I will be able to take edit the classic team's rosters and remove the generic players off the classic teams, 2.) so that I can play with classic teams online against friends or family in a private match, and 3.) so that I can have the ability to have classic teams vs current teams online(again, against friends or family). Doesn't seem like the latter two are possible but I could be wrong.

On another note the free agents seemed to have disappeared prior to me trying out the legends showcase but I think that once I started the legends showcase and then stopped I went to manage roster and all the free agents showed up.

Same with the exported teams. I had saved my roster with some exported classic teams way before this DLC came out and they all disappeared once the patch was released. In order to use my exported teams, I had to reload them up to my roster everytime when turning the game on. However, they have since reappeared after I downloaded this DLC and tried out legends showcase without having to reload them again.

# 80 bigball12 @ 11/29/11 05:33 PM
CAN I PLEASE GET THIS ANSWERED!!!!

They do not have online Team-up for these teams correct? Will someone try creating a private team-up game, and checking if the classic teams are available to be chosen? Thanks!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.