Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 OGKing @ 12/13/11 11:41 PM
Overall, did this patch make the game way better? Does 2k12 take the title as the greatest sports game we've ever played?

# 122 Gosens6 @ 12/13/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
SO I decided to restart and sim to trade deadline again, and only one trade happened

Bulls Trade Joakim Noah, C.J. Watson
for
Grizzlies Zach Randolph, and 1st round draft pick

Trades don't seem to happen very often but at least the trades are a bit more even in terms of value, this one doesn't really make sense though.
ONE trade happened at the trade deadline? One?

How are people not making a bigger deal about this? Do you know how many trades actually happen during an NBA season? Can you sim to the trade deadline in season 2 and see what happens?

I think trades were FINE in association mode pre-patch. If they screwed this up i'll be re-turning my unopened copy. Thanks for finding this.

# 123 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 11:41 PM
I'm penetrating the hell out of the mavs with Rose( testing the mirror defense). Finishing with all kinds of crazy layups now. Just did a sick floater over marion. Dirk did reject me once though. Dare i say I'm really enjoying the game!

# 124 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/13/11 11:41 PM
I have one question. Do you players actually stay (good spacing) on the 3 pt line when driving so you can have an actual drive and kick game?

Way too many times you drive and try to space to your teammates standing on the arch and they randomly run towards the hole. I HATED THAT!

Has it gotten any better?

# 125 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsi
Can someone see if they fixed CPU doubling? Nogsters brought this up again and again, with CPU not doubling hot players, or post mis-matches.

Can someone do a test with like Shaq/Dwight, being guarded by a PG, and see how the defense reacts?
help defenders come over quicker to help contest post shots.

# 126 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
ONE trade happened at the trade deadline? One?

How are people not making a bigger deal about this? Do you know how many trades actually happen during an NBA season? Can you sim to the trade deadline in season 2 and see what happens?

I think trades were FINE in association mode pre-patch. If they screwed this up i'll be re-turning my unopened copy. Thanks for finding this.
Max I have seen so far was 3 trades but I will do another go around. Pre-patch had the amount of trades you may see in the NBA but the deals where just insanely unrealistic

# 127 bgdg824 @ 12/13/11 11:44 PM
are there sliders in online association now?

# 128 Gosens6 @ 12/13/11 11:44 PM
Quote:
Max I have seen so far was 3 trades but I will do another go around. Pre-patch had the amount of trades you may see in the NBA but the deals where just insanely unrealistic
But come on, 1-3 trades? This was actually a bug in last years game after the second year where 0-1 trades would happen.

If this bug is back I will be severely disappointed. Thanks for checking man.

# 129 LionsFanNJ @ 12/13/11 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I have one question. Do you players actually stay (good spacing) on the 3 pt line when driving so you can have an actual drive and kick game?

Way too many times you drive and try to space to your teammates standing on the arch and they randomly run towards the hole. I HATED THAT!

Has it gotten any better?
From my one quarter of play Knicks @ Pacers i'd say so, I had amar'e faced up against West and beat him to the rim baseline, no one just randomly collapsed on my team, though Hibbert came over a little late as Amar'e was able to rise and jam it in.

other times i had Melo and drove and had Douglas stay behind the three line.

need more time to play around though.

# 130 garret2 @ 12/13/11 11:46 PM
how is the USER on ball defense now compared to before? quicker lateral speed?

# 131 Gosens6 @ 12/13/11 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
I may be wrong, but if you've EVER played an entire season, or at least a good amount of the games yourself, you'd notice that trades happen less if you simulate an entire season, versus being active playing user games.

Again, I may be wrong, but from my experiences in Madden I've always noticed this.
Pre-patch we got a good amount of trades even when simulating. It seems to be broken just like it was last year.

Just incredible.

# 132 Bubsi @ 12/13/11 11:48 PM
Not neccesarily just help, but say you get a mismatch, like C on PG, And you post up the PG will the double come automatically like in 2k11?

# 133 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret2
how is the USER on ball defense now compared to before? quicker lateral speed?
i would say a lot less sluggish and more effective. not really a whole lot quicker but more responsive.

# 134 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:49 PM
bumped it up to hall of fame and it's still damn hard, but not as cheesy...you can win on hall of fame, but you have to be pretty flawless, which is how it should be...superstar looks to be my level of choice for now.

# 135 ChrisHansen59 @ 12/13/11 11:49 PM
I'm able to outrace slower people down the court now so I guess that's good.

# 136 Gosens6 @ 12/13/11 11:52 PM
Quote:
So would you prefer less, realistic trades? Or, more, completely ridiculous trades? And I'm serious, I'm just wondering.
Too be honest, i'd like a realistic amount of trades. The trades I was seeing weren't COMPLETELY over the top.

You could make sense out of most of them, and we got a realistic amount. I'm so disappointed right now.

# 137 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
But come on, 1-3 trades? This was actually a bug in last years game after the second year where 0-1 trades would happen.

If this bug is back I will be severely disappointed. Thanks for checking man.
Yeah just did 2 years in a row and year 1 there was 2 trades and in year 2 only 1, but I think I know why, since the cpu actually manages there teams better (which has been a constant problem with 2k) you don't have as many upset players anymore thus causing them to make less trades during the year (at least this is my theory) I will say the trades that are made are pretty decent ones but there isn't a lot of trades though. They do make a lot of d-league transactions though

# 138 Gosens6 @ 12/13/11 11:54 PM
Quote:
Yeah just did 2 years in a row and year 1 there was 2 trades and in year 2 only one, but I think I know why, since the cpu actually manages there teams better (which has been a constant problem with 2k) you don't have as many upset players anymore thus causing them to make less trades during the year (at least this is my theory) I will say the trades that are made are pretty decent ones but there isn't a lot of trades though. They do make a lot of d-league transactions though

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it

# 139 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:58 PM
big men no longer hit every mid range jumper...even on hall of fame.

shot success makes sense now...i'm getting that good ol' 2k11 feeling again...shots miss when they should and go in when they should.

contested shots usually miss, open shots usually go in...what a novel idea!

# 140 Bubsi @ 12/13/11 11:59 PM
Quote:
I think we may have to chalk it up to a "pick your poison" type of situation. Do we want GMs to wheel and deal like they do in the NBA, but risk guys like Carmelo and Derrick being traded? Or, do we want GMs to maybe be unrealistically good at managing their teams' emotions and handling them in general, causing better trades and roster moves, but less of them overall?

Or you could control all 30 teams, pull up the good ol' ESPN trade machine, see what teams need, and play god for awhile!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.