Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 OGKing @ 12/13/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
finished another quick 7 min game: NOH vs LAC
It was back and forth all game, but clippers made better plays down the stretch. Caron Butler was too much for me as i did contain billups and eric gordan. CP3 tried a last minute comeback but it became evident that he needed more offensive help. I lost by 6. very fun game little to no cheese.
That sounds amazing man..damn hurry up and get your update 360..

# 102 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 11:09 PM
Wow they fixed the morale issue with players out off all the teams I counted 10 to 11 players who was mad at there current role, so it seems the cpu manages player roles much much better and I would believe rotations as well since that usually plays a part in there morale also. I know it was in patch notes but seeing it with my own eyes brings a smile to my face, come on roster updates so I can jump start my association and MP off the right way

# 103 luckeeloo @ 12/13/11 11:10 PM
Can anyone confirm whether or not they addressed the speed issue? Where the slowest players have the same speed as the fastest players?

I still have my copy on loan and won't get to play till tomorrow.

# 104 rangerrick012 @ 12/13/11 11:12 PM
Just one question about online games - is steal spamming resulting in more foul calls or is it just less successful? My bigger issue with the steal spamming is that fouls aren't called frequently enough, maybe the sliders are the reason, but I'm holding out hope that this will change with the patch. Any word?

# 105 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeloo
Can anyone confirm whether or not they addressed the speed issue? Where the slowest players have the same speed as the fastest players?

unfortunately no. The other fixes have made the speed issue even more evident imo.
bulls vs mavs next!

# 106 Sundown @ 12/13/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
And in my opinion, this is a basic staple of basketball and shouldn't be so difficult - certainly shouldn't feel like a gamble.
It could also be me being bad at reading the pick and roll defense. But the set doesn't ever look as cleanly run as in real life. I'm not sure 2K11's was all that clean-- just that your roller tended to catch and finish a lot of unlikely passes, and I think the pass defense wasn't quite as psychic.

# 107 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Yea, maybe they did want to get rid of Love to pave way for Derrick Williams, now that i think about it, that trade is pretty good.
Yeah it seemed like a fairly realistic trade scenario, I just wonder if they would try for something more for K. Love but then again not all trades in the NBA are great trades, that one was about average but since T-wolves traded for another PG it seems about right for there GM to do something like that lol

# 108 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
uh oh..so are defenders not reacting at all to the passes going inside? I worried about this when daczar brought up that thread asking about passing..
defenders tip fewer inside passes now...sometimes it's just because they can't get to it, which is good...other times the ball just whizzes right by them like in 2k11...it's a decent balance though...it's harder to pass inside than it was in 2k11, but much easier than it was pre-patch...some will say it allows too many lead passes to cutters, but i'd rather have it a bit too easy than way too hard.

# 109 Nodima @ 12/13/11 11:19 PM
In my experience with one online game guys are reacting if they have time to react. I got two or three steals off bad passes from the FT line to the middle of the paint, plus some deflections that didn't go my way.

# 110 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 11:21 PM
Just finished an online game. Like I mentioned earlier, I picked the Wizards and my opponent picked the Heat.

Pros

- He quit in the fourth quarter. He was leading by 20 at the half, but I adjusted my strategy and realized that if I wanted to win, I had to play his game. I noticed all he did was try to drive with Lebron, so all I did was pack the paint and hold L2. He missed a lot of shots, which led to easy buckets for me.

- Contested shots don't fall as easily, even with superstars.

- Controls are just as responsive online as offline.

- Passing is inaccurate, but the speed is still there. I guess this was to prevent lead pass cheese online. Be smart with your passes and this won't be a problem.

- Reach-in fouls are now called with regularity. Make steal spammers pay!

- Jumpshot timing is better. You still have to compensate slightly, though.

- Lebron actually got fatigued in the fourth. I saw the Gatorade cup.

- More loose balls if you just run around recklessly on offense.

- Finishing in traffic is harder.

Cons

- The game is too fast online for my personal taste.

- The players don't move with any weight. This allows players to cover ground in unrealistic ways.

That's it as far as cons go. I won't hold it against 2K by the style my opponent chooses to play. I'm just glad I was able to counter his cheesiness defensively. That's all I ask for when playing online.

Offline is where it's at, though, if you want to play against an intelligent opponent, unless, of course, you have friends to play with.

# 111 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeloo

If they can fix the speed differential, this game would be nirvana. Fortunately, it's an issue that can be overlooked because of the other improvements the patch made.

# 112 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
If they can fix the speed differential, this game would be nirvana. Fortunately, it's an issue that can be overlooked because of the other improvements the patch made.
my thoughts exactly

# 113 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:32 PM
block button does feel a bit better/more responsive.

playing on hall of fame now and winning...how is this possible?

passing is WAY better. passes are much faster and more responsive. this game is actually fun now. feels closer to 2k11 which is good.

the dribbling locomotion still doesn't feel as responsive as 2k11, but it feels like it might be a bit improved.

sizeups are still not great...still a delay when trying to explode from sizeups...still too many auto-hesitations in sizeups that can't be broken out of.

# 114 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 11:32 PM
SO I decided to restart and sim to trade deadline again, and only one trade happened

Bulls Trade Joakim Noah, C.J. Watson
for
Grizzlies Zach Randolph, and 1st round draft pick

Trades don't seem to happen very often but at least the trades are a bit more even in terms of value, this one doesn't really make sense though.

# 115 Bubsi @ 12/13/11 11:35 PM
Can someone see if they fixed CPU doubling? Nogsters brought this up again and again, with CPU not doubling hot players, or post mis-matches.

Can someone do a test with like Shaq/Dwight, being guarded by a PG, and see how the defense reacts?

# 116 garret2 @ 12/13/11 11:37 PM
with the players boxing out better now does anyone see a significant drop in offensive rebounds?? i remember in 2k11 after the final patch, boxing out was tuned and it was difficult to ever get more than 6-8 offensive rebounds a game (10 min quarters) and many others noticed the drop off as well. fyi in real life the offensive rebounding rate averages about 25%. so if both teams are getting off 75-85 shots a game and shooting between 40-50% you should be hauling in between 9-12 offensive rebounds a game.

# 117 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsi
Can someone see if they fixed CPU doubling? Nogsters brought this up again and again, with CPU not doubling hot players, or post mis-matches.

Can someone do a test with like Shaq/Dwight, being guarded by a PG, and see how the defense reacts?
I haven't seen it a lot, nor have a played a lot to really test it, but I did see some instances of the CPU doubling and sending help as well. I'll have to play a full game and get hot with an individual player to see if the CPU adjusts.

# 118 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsi

They seems to cheat into the paint not fully committing on the mismatch until the poster takes it into the paint then they will collapse on the guy posting. Not sure about the doubling of hot players have yet to see it.

# 119 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret2
with the players boxing out better now does anyone see a significant drop in offensive rebounds?? i remember in 2k11 after the final patch, boxing out was tuned and it was difficult to ever get more than 6-8 offensive rebounds a game (10 min quarters) and many others noticed the drop off as well. fyi in real life the offensive rebounding rate averages about 25%. so if both teams are getting off 75-85 shots a game and shooting between 40-50% you should be hauling in between 9-12 offensive rebounds a game.
In my opinion, offense rebounds are balanced now. I'm seeing offensive rebounds in situations where players were positioned to grab them. I had one possession when Jeff Foster grabbed two offensive boards for me on the same possession. He grabbed it and tried to put it back up, missed, said screw it, and decided to dunk it home after that. I was impressed at the hustle. That wasn't there at launch.

# 120 RedmanR @ 12/13/11 11:40 PM
I have yet to read any mentioning of rebounding. Does the ball still drop to the floor, do players box out now, arms-up what?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.