Home
News Post

Not a lot of direct footage, but some good info on Franchise, RTTS, Simul-view and more.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 econoodle @ 01/13/12 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
You mean this?

I wonder if this could be some kind of report from the dugout presentation?

Like how they do it on Fox baseball with ken rosenthal

I love how its barely in view.
I am sure Ramone had the camera set up exactly there at that height and had that timed to show right at the end to get us talking and speculating.
Genius monsieur Russell!

but that has to be right, u can see the grey dome of Campbell in the middle

# 22 decga @ 01/13/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Improved Line-up logic.....thanks!

Could it be that I don't have to control all 30 teams to prevent Matt Holliday from batting second?
Isolated incident. It does not happens on my copy and Holiday has been injured. He bats 4th behind MVP Pujols with CPU. Year 2 of my Braves franchise..

# 23 Bamafan3723 @ 01/13/12 03:48 PM
Ramone is wearing a wife-beater.

# 24 AtlantaBraves22 @ 01/13/12 03:49 PM
I noticed in the video, when someone hit a fowl ball into the stands, the ball bounced on the grass and bounced into the stands, and the crowd reacted to it. Normally i thought they just did that when a fly ball drops directly into the stands. is that new, or does that happen in 11 too, I've never noticed it?

It's at 3:06 on the vita video, when the ps3 version is playing behind russell

# 25 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
I love how its barely in view.
I am sure Ramone had the camera set up exactly there at that height and had that timed to show right at the end to get us talking and speculating.
Genius monsieur Russell!

Nah, it's just Ramone is like 6'-4".

# 26 Sco291 @ 01/13/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBraves22
I noticed in the video, when someone hit a fowl ball into the stands, the ball bounced on the grass and bounced into the stands, and the crowd reacted to it. Normally i thought they just did that when a fly ball drops directly into the stands. is that new, or does that happen in 11 too, I've never noticed it?

I never noticed that either... one thing I noticed he didn't point out what was new for '12, was commentary. I do remember him saying something about it in another video, very briefly though, but I'm really hoping it sounds light years better than last year, and '10, and '09, and '08, and '07...lol

# 27 Doormat @ 01/13/12 04:16 PM
Amazing features, I'm dyingggggggggggggggg 2 months away

# 28 MetsFan16 @ 01/13/12 04:20 PM
I love the camera cuts between pitches. Kershaw taking off his hat and walking around the mound. The camera for the walkup is different for everyone, I don't know if it was like that in MLB 11 but it looks really good along with the OSD without the player's picture.

Also I did notice that Upton's sleeve was white! This might mean that we can edit colors of the sleeve. Now i guess it isn't so bad if the pitchers where the sleeves at night(which I hope is not the case) but if they do, atleast the whole team won't be wearing the same colored sleeves every game.

The new batting camera looks very similar if not identical to the custom camera I used in MLB 11 so I don't think I'll be touching the camera editor screen.

I noticed a lot of the OSD underneath the Score Overlay that were in MLB 10 but were lost in MLB 11, so it's nice to see them again.

I really wish he went more in depth about the improvements to RTTS because that is the mode I play most often. I guess the Franchise improvements like trade and lineup logic will definetly help RTTS as well.

# 29 Marino @ 01/13/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
You mean this?

Looks like Eric Karros from that picture.

Clayton Kershaw sure did look good in that video though.

# 30 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/13/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
You mean this?

Ya that it.....As awesome as that would be I'm pretty sure it's just their pictures because you can see 2 peoples head shots

Quote:

LOL That's what confirmed it for me too

# 31 Bahnzo @ 01/13/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Isolated incident. It does not happens on my copy and Holiday has been injured. He bats 4th behind MVP Pujols with CPU. Year 2 of my Braves franchise..
So you got a different copy huh?

# 32 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/13/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Looks like Eric Karros from that picture.

Clayton Kershaw sure did look good in that video though.
I pretty sure it's Matty.V because Karros has crazier hair but they do both have large foreheads

Kershaw looked picture perfect

# 33 PsychoBulk @ 01/13/12 05:02 PM
Great interview, very slick Ramone, nice to see some footage, partially obscured or not, theres no doubt Kershaw got away with a hanger during one of those at bats

Tension building nicely.

# 34 decga @ 01/13/12 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
So you got a different copy huh?
I sure I am in Atlanta. LOL. But seriously I am just tired of people using that as barometer of lineup logic. But someone stated that it only happens when an injury occurs within the lineup. Hopefully it is taken care so abeses everyone involve.

# 35 Blzer @ 01/13/12 06:23 PM
Ball physics look stupendous. I would like to save embarrassment for the individual posters that thought MLB 10: The Show looked like it had good looking ball physics based on responses from the CES videos, but the difference is truly night and day (look at the bounce in 10 versus in 12). IMO 10 was a laughable downgrade even to 09.

I just can't wait to hear some of the new audio this game has to offer!

# 36 econoodle @ 01/13/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
Amazing features, I'm dyingggggggggggggggg 2 months away

if its any consolation, February is the shortest month!

# 37 tnixen @ 01/13/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Totally agreed. I cannot even play the other games anymore waiting for this. 10 was my nugget of gold for about 4 weeks until I saw through the clouds. The baseball was not even close to being realistic. But I was just supporting the devs anyway.

This looks oh so damn much better.

The baseball actually looks alive now where as before it kind of had no life to it.

Should make for some exciting gameplay!

# 38 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/13/12 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBraves22

Great observation

Actually the entire situation is new because foul balls NEVER bounced into the stands before and this is a huge improvement

I'm in love with the new ball physics & TBP

# 39 BravesBoy @ 01/13/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
if its any consolation, February is the shortest month!
yea and of course it had to add another day this year..damn leap year

# 40 BaylorBearBryant @ 01/13/12 11:52 PM
Lineup logic! THANK YOU!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.