Home
News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 dodgerblue @ 01/18/12 09:36 PM
For me, the commentary needs to be more fluid between the announcers. Like they are all in the same booth when they are describing the action or commenting. The Show, for all that is awesome about the game, hasn't been able to do this imo.

# 42 ClarkWGrizwold @ 01/18/12 09:37 PM
Game looks good but it looks like they still haven't figured out how to fix the pitchers wearing long sleeves at night that's been going on since 07. Maybe there's still time to fix it

# 43 ARoid1313 @ 01/18/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
i think hes a yankee fan
lol so am I ! guess i should update my avatar!

# 44 Blzer @ 01/18/12 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
lol so am I ! guess i should update my avatar!
Or your username.

I think the one recipe everybody is missing when watching this videos is how the game will sound overall. Yes, you will hear similar lines of commentary... but from the new crowd audio to the sound effects of the bat and gloves interacting with the ball, the new umpire calls, etc. (maybe even new replay audio?), as Daughtry might say: I'm starting to believe that this could be the start of something good.

# 45 ilstu24 @ 01/18/12 09:43 PM
Sweet custom deliveries for Weaver and Holland...

# 46 HustlinOwl @ 01/18/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Just, in my defense, I was giving pros and cons, being honest.

i think the Shows commentary is behind many of my favorite sports games and I think it needs a re-read of all these lines, and Campbell taking a powder before he ruins his real life announcing name.

That said, it might be way better than what we heard in this thread. then it might be only different in the way its presented in franchise.
I can imagine online or play now people being upset if it still sounds like all three guys are in different time zones.

I do think calling a grounder to second can't be much different after 199 times, but I agree, it wouldn't hurt to change the darn script.
Its not that good.

is it the words given, or the talent.
I have seen goood announcers, come off poorly in video games, [gus johnson anyone?}.

I think the negativity shines when its the same announcers.
Lots of peeps are just sick of Dave and matt.
Would it matter if it was Al Leiter reading the same line?
I dont know. I think these guys signed a longer contract than A-Rod! WTH! lol

Why would sony sign long term contracts to announcer for a video game?
Unless there's other reasons why we r stuck with them.
:0
for someone skipping 12, you sure do post a lot in here

# 47 elTodd @ 01/18/12 09:44 PM
All the videos we've seen so far have no unique pitching motions, so I'd say these are from an early build.

# 48 halo2freako34 @ 01/18/12 09:50 PM
on kinslers single, is that a new swing animation??

# 49 Skyboxer @ 01/18/12 10:06 PM
I always turn off commentary as I want the "On the field/in the stands" feeling. However for those that like it hopefully one day it will satisfy you.

Can't wait to see more videos and the wait keeps getting harder and harder.

# 50 bwiggy33 @ 01/18/12 10:14 PM
I can tell you one thing, I'm already sick of seeing gameplay videos. I'm ready for the demo. To me the ball physics look way better than 11. I can tell that there is going to be so much more variety to hits, which is something this game drastically needed. The fielders also move much better. The thing is all this team has to do is continue to make small improvements to the gameplay where it's necessary. It is already so good that there isn't much change that absolutely has to be done. All that's left is continuing to improve the aesthetics of the game, which is enough for me because I'm a visual guy when it comes to baseball games.

For people saying they may just keep 11 well the reason I will continue buying this game is not so much the gameplay changes, it's to show that I appreciate their effort when it's all said and done. I have never ever seen a game more committed to listening to the gamers and what they want changed. To me I think spending the 60 dollars is worth the price for them to keep making the game better each and every year.

What other games have:

1. Exact scoreboard overlays and LED's for each stadium
2. The extra things such as beach balls, fans running on the field, umpires/officials with different personalities
3. Every aspect of each stadium/arena done to almost perfection
4. Cyberfaces for even the crappiest of players (ex: Matt Tolbert) Also think of all the players they have to create. What other sport has that? None

There are countless other things that can be listed as well. I just don't know how anyone can complain or not want to buy MLB 12. It's just crazy. They constantly update all aspects and there is just no way that MLB 12 will be completely similar to MLB 11. However I do understand the reasons why someone wouldn't buy, but IMO I will fork out the 60 dollars every year to show my appreciation to the work they do. If only the NHL, Madden, and NCAA development teams were as dedicated as them. I've finally learned my lesson from buying those three games on a yearly basis.

# 51 Doormat @ 01/18/12 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo2freako34
on kinslers single, is that a new swing animation??
Oh man yes nice observation, loved the way he followed through his swing.
This is shaping up to be a very great year for SCEA

@bwiggy33
I seriously love comments like these, really inspires me to continue practicing my coding skills to possibly work with someone like them in the future. The community of this site is amazing

# 52 bwiggy33 @ 01/18/12 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWayneFTW
@bwiggy33
I seriously love comments like these, really inspires me to continue practicing my coding skills to possibly work with someone like them in the future. The community of this site is amazing
Honestly it's amazing what they do. I don't even have a clue at how much hard work and time is spent in perfecting the codes that they put in. I mean it's crazy. I actually wish I could sit in on a full development cycle for The Show just to see what they exactly do to create everything. I think a lot of times we forget how hard and complicated this stuff is. However, at the end of the day they did sign up to do their job properly which is why when people spend 60 dollars on a game they don't want some broken garbage that has so often happened with the games I mentioned earlier. We are very lucky to at least have The Show. NBA 2k can probably go into this category but basketball is not my thing so I don't buy the game. I have played it a few times and it is a very good game.

# 53 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
Game looks good but it looks like they still haven't figured out how to fix the pitchers wearing long sleeves at night that's been going on since 07. Maybe there's still time to fix it
It has been fixed. It is based on temperature.

Below 70 will wear sleeves. Above they will not.

# 54 bkrich83 @ 01/19/12 01:49 AM
I just went from 6 to midnight.

# 55 Blzer @ 01/19/12 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I just went from 6 to midnight.

# 56 Yanks22 @ 01/19/12 03:23 AM
Love it can't wait to see more. OH btw not complaining just pointing out something I noticed, kindler at the plate says he hit a two run home run in the 3rd inning. But the score throughout is 1-1

# 57 PsychoBulk @ 01/19/12 07:23 AM
I like what i see.

To those moaning about the commentary, yes, there were many familiar lines but consider:

a: theres only so many ways to say "a liner to left" etc &
b: more importantly, according to Ramone this was only a 50% presentation build from CES, so many of the bells & whistles and new commentary wont be in it

Clearest thing to me is the new ball physics, you can really tell a difference when the ball leaves the bat, and dont forget this is footage from a video camera so doesnt really do it justice, when SCEA starts releasing their own videos only then will we get a real flavour.

This year to me looks a far bigger jump from 11 than 11 did from 10, so just keep the faith, SCEA always delivers

# 58 ClarkWGrizwold @ 01/19/12 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It has been fixed. It is based on temperature.

Below 70 will wear sleeves. Above they will not.
That's the problem it takes until July in the game to do that when 70 degrees happens before that. Does this include the players too, because that's more annoying taking the time of editing sleeves, armbands etc for them not to have them. I know it's something little but it stinks visually having every player having sleeves when in real life they won't. Maybe in the future an option can be put in when we select uniforms for the game we get a heads up if we want every player to wear sleeves.

# 59 tekulve66 @ 01/19/12 08:59 AM
Love the new scenes in between pitches, adds to the presentation. Of course, it could be skipped I'm presuming for those that don't care. So far, so good. Now let's see some great in-season and in-franchise-mode stats.

# 60 RedK @ 01/19/12 09:04 AM
Other than the fact that it looks way better than 11 the commentary made me feel like it was 11 all over again. Im still not sold yet, gotta see more gameplay or a demo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.