Home
News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Doormat @ 01/19/12 04:50 PM
Now THAT looks like Adrian compared to last year (not that they did it wrong last year but this one looks way better)

# 2 ckarlic @ 01/19/12 05:01 PM
I like it...Nice to see a glimpse of Yankees Stadium

# 3 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 05:14 PM
Looks great! That looks exactly like A-GONs swig too.

# 4 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 05:47 PM
It should. He came in and got scanned and did his own swing.

# 5 beau21 @ 01/19/12 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Are you saying they have signature swings to some extent? Or am I reading too much into this?

# 6 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 05:50 PM
Quote:

Well, all i know is, they did Joe Mauer on the cover the last two years and his swig was like everyone else's.

# 7 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Are you saying they have signature swings to some extent? Or am I reading too much into this?
There is 19 new signature HR swing and follow troughs this year that was added over what was already there.

# 8 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 06:46 PM
19 for each or total?

# 9 beau21 @ 01/19/12 06:53 PM
Quote:
There is 19 new signature HR swing and follow troughs this year that was added over what was already there.
This is great news. Any chance you can share who those 19 belong to?

# 10 Tabata4Prez @ 01/19/12 07:00 PM
Looks good, but next year they need to focus a little more on swing follow throughs. He shouldn't have his arm all the way up above his face after the swing. Also his legs should not be so spread apart with the front leg bent so much. Not trying to start anything. The Show is near perfection. This is just one of the small problems it has.

# 11 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
I know Wright has his own.. and Obviously A-Gon does. Who else though?

# 12 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
You will have to wait and see...

Ok I will tell you one...

The Prince looked SWEET!

Dead on!

# 13 TripleCrown9 @ 01/19/12 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
Looks good, but next year they need to focus a little more on swing follow throughs. He shouldn't have his arm all the way up above his face after the swing. Also his legs should not be so spread apart with the front leg bent so much. Not trying to start anything. The Show is near perfection. This is just one of the small problems it has.
Except he came in and got his swing scanned. So that's exactly how it should look. Unless you're saying he did his own swing wrong?

# 14 Yankees_CT @ 01/19/12 07:27 PM
Quote:
Actually I just did a quick google image search and out of the 20 or so that popped up, only one didn't look like his Show version. Combine that with the fact that they scanned him I would say its pretty accurate

# 15 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
You will have to wait and see...

Ok I will tell you one...

The Prince looked SWEET!

Dead on!
so its 19 total, not 19 for HR and regular swings?

# 16 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/12 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
so its 19 total, not 19 for HR and regular swings?
19 different players signature home run follow throughs. On top of what is already in there for players.

They plan on adding to it every year.

# 17 metsfan4life1 @ 01/19/12 08:15 PM
Quote:
19 different players signature home run follow throughs. On top of what is already in there for players.

They plan on adding to it every year.
So no new regular swigs? Do you have any info on the Mets, when it comes to the game?

# 18 Tabata4Prez @ 01/19/12 08:38 PM
I don't doubt that Gonzalez did come in to do his swing for the game. As I stated before, the developers of The Show go to great lengths to give us an amazing game every year. All that I'm saying is that follow throughs need work - not just Gonzalez's. Compare these pictures to the screenshot. Stiff front leg, legs not too spread out, top arm under the chin.

# 19 BenGerman @ 01/19/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
I know its going to seem like I am overreacting, but this is huge news for me. I've been asking for this forever!

# 20 nomo17k @ 01/19/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
I don't doubt that Gonzalez did come in to do his swing for the game. As I stated before, the developers of The Show go to great lengths to give us an amazing game every year. All that I'm saying is that follow throughs need work - not just Gonzalez's. Compare these pictures to the swing. Stiff front leg, legs not too spread out, top arm under the chin.
I don't know how the motion capture is done generally, but I presume that mocap is done via shadow swing/pitching, without them actually hitting/throwing a ball. If that's the case, unless the player doing mocap is really putting effort into imitating his own swing, there will be some difference.

Many pitching motions don't have realistic arm actions (i.e., many of them don't have their elbow leading the way, like the Doc Gooden pic I have as my avatar) because of this. I'm just guessing...

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.