Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Here is a list of changes.
  • Mike Dunleavy - injured (Strained groin - out indefinitely)
  • Michael Beasley - injured (Mid-foot sprain - out indefinitely)
  • Eric Maynor - injured (Torn ACL - out for the season)
  • Kwame Brown - injured (Torn pectoral - out 3 months)
  • T.J. Ford - injured ( Torn hamstring - out 4-6 weeks)
  • Al Horford - injured (Torn pectoral - out 3 months)
  • Steve Blake - injured (Fractured rib - out 3-4 weeks)
  • Linas Kleiza - back from injury
  • Ishmael Smith - waived
  • Earl Barron - FA signing with Warriors
  • Jeff Foster - injured (Back procedure - out 2 weeks)
  • Mike Miller - back from injury
  • E'Twaun Moore - rookie
  • Isaiah Thomas - rookie
  • Charles Jenkins - rookie
Among the "Biggest Movers" (+ or -) include:
  • Andrew Bynum - Lakers
  • Kyle Lowry - Rockets
  • Ryan Anderson - Magic
  • Ricky Rubio - Timberwolves
  • Byron Mullens - Bobcats
  • DeAndre Jordan - Clippers
  • Jeff Teague - Hawks
  • Spencer Hawes - 76ers
  • Dorell Wright - Warriors
  • Deron Williams - Nets

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PrettyT11 @ 01/20/12 11:33 AM
looks like they gave Kyle Lowry way too big of a three point boost too. He now has an 88 3pt rating. Didn't look to see what else he got boosted but an 88 3pt rating is way too high.

# 22 Norris_Cole @ 01/20/12 11:40 AM
By the way, the roster update is not showing up when you start a new online association (not even the update from two weeks ago)

What's up with this?

# 23 youALREADYknow @ 01/20/12 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
looks like they gave Kyle Lowry way too big of a three point boost too. He now has an 88 3pt rating. Didn't look to see what else he got boosted but an 88 3pt rating is way too high.
Just for reference, an 88 3PT rating means that a player is expected to shoot around 42-45% from 3PT for the rest of the season (and presumably their career). That kind of percentage would likely rank a player among the top 25 3PT shooters of all-time.

# 24 Norris_Cole @ 01/20/12 11:50 AM
I wouldn't have problems with Ricky or Lowry being 85 in 3pt (they are shooting well, specially Lowry), as long as they keep updating the ratings almost every week , but I don't like this move because there is a high chance that those guys lower their % to something like 34% during the season, and I bet they still will be +85 3pt shooters until 2k13...

# 25 PrettyT11 @ 01/20/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Just for reference, an 88 3PT rating means that a player is expected to shoot around 42-45% from 3PT for the rest of the season (and presumably their career). That kind of percentage would likely rank a player among the top 25 3PT shooters of all-time.
Exactly and we all know Lowry isn't that. That's why I'm shocked(even though I shouldn't really be) that they boosted him that high. 2K's three point ratings in the game have no type of consistency at all. I mean just look at the two guys we have been talking about here that got big boost. Rubio is at .407 on the year and Lowry is at .406 yet Lowry gets a rating three points higher. I mean are they giving Lowry an axtra three points vor the volume?? It really doesn't make sense.

# 26 PrettyT11 @ 01/20/12 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
I wouldn't have problems with Ricky or Lowry being 85 in 3pt (they are shooting well, specially Lowry), as long as they keep updating the ratings almost every week , but I don't like this move because there is a high chance that those guys lower their % to something like 34% during the season, and I bet they still will be +85 3pt shooters until 2k13...
And there is the main problem. 2K is not going to do that. The better way to handle it though is to give those guys subtle boost until we have a long enough time to warrent those kinds of increases. i mean we have a 15 game sample size here. There is no reason to completely wipe out a rating based on 82 games of play for what has happened in 15.

I mean like you said what happens if next week they have a bad shooting week and that percentage drops to mid 30's?? Now we would still have these guys dropping threes like they are 3pt bombers.

I love that we have others options(change ratings or use other rosters) for offline play and I pretty much play only offline but damn do I feel bad for you mostly online or online only guys and I would be upset if I had to deal with that kind of stuff online.

# 27 Colts18 @ 01/20/12 12:04 PM
I just don't understand how a professional company can just continue to joke the customers like this. This has to be some sort of joke. It has to be. There is no way the 2K Insider man isn't sitting behind his screen just laughing at how upset he makes OperationSports. It has to be a joke. I can't possibly believe someone can put out work so horrible.

# 28 Norris_Cole @ 01/20/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
And there is the main problem. 2K is not going to do that. The better way to handle it though is to give those guys subtle boost until we have a long enough time to warrent those kinds of increases. i mean we have a 15 game sample size here. There is no reason to completely wipe out a rating based on 82 games of play for what has happened in 15.

I mean like you said what happens if next week they have a bad shooting week and that percentage drops to mid 30's?? Now we would still have these guys dropping threes like they are 3pt bombers.

I love that we have others options(change ratings or use other rosters) for offline play and I pretty much play only offline but damn do I feel bad for you mostly online or online only guys and I would be upset if I had to deal with that kind of stuff online.
Yeah totally agree, that was exactly my point.

# 29 J0eyyyD @ 01/20/12 12:06 PM
From what i checked so far, they changed

Shumpert
Paul George
Derozan
Lowry
Rubio
Derrick Williams
Aldridg
Batum
Horford and Jordan Crawfords jumpshots.. theres definetly alot more but those are the ones i checked so far..

# 30 ksuttonjr76 @ 01/20/12 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eyyyD
From what i checked so far, they changed

Shumpert
Paul George
Derozan
Lowry
Rubio
Derrick Williams
Aldridg
Batum
Horford and Jordan Crawfords jumpshots.. theres definetly alot more but those are the ones i checked so far..
Changed Paul George in what way?

# 31 J0eyyyD @ 01/20/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Changed Paul George in what way?
His jumper is alot smoother now, all in 1 motion unlike the last one. most of the guys ive seen updated have all smooth shots now, besides horford.

# 32 spankdatazz22 @ 01/20/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
I just don't understand how a professional company can just continue to joke the customers like this. This has to be some sort of joke. It has to be. There is no way the 2K Insider man isn't sitting behind his screen just laughing at how upset he makes OperationSports. It has to be a joke. I can't possibly believe someone can put out work so horrible.
C'mon I'm sure it's not their intention to purposely piss off the fanbase; there's no purpose to that/give them at least a little credit. I'd be curious to know how these ratings correlate to actual play. Since the 2nd patch, overall 3pt shooting was reduced - especially on contested shots. I don't play online a lot, but I haven't had an online opponent shoot over 45% from 3. Or shoot above 50% for the game and I'm not that good. Offline I think I may have shot above 50% once or twice; I generally shoot in the low-to-mid 40s percentage wise. And that's with my shot sliders at 45/45/47/50

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying these rosters are good or even average compared to the detail some in the community give to their rosters. Just saying I don't see how it's that out of whack that it's outright insulting/disrespectful to the community. I think it takes more than just looking at a number and freaking out about it; wondering how it correlates to actual in-game play.

# 33 J0eyyyD @ 01/20/12 12:19 PM
and one thing that no one really brings up and i really get annoyed about is the potentials for all these players, i dont mind fixing them but like everyone is mostly wrong there, DeAndre Jordan has 68 potential, kevin love only 82.. shumpert is like low 60's, they never fix potentials, havent last year either.

# 34 hioh631 @ 01/20/12 12:28 PM
What a joke, lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

# 35 Knickerbocker @ 01/20/12 12:47 PM
3pt rating is only one of the ratings that influences the 3pt shot success %. There is consistency, SIT, SOD, clutch, etc.

Someone before mentioned Kobe has his mid too low on 72. I suggest he tries to play a couple of games with Kobe, he can't miss from mid, the 72 is probably too high and not too low.

# 36 michaelsan @ 01/20/12 01:04 PM
Waiting the offline link for try it

Inviato dal mio LG-P500 usando Tapatalk

# 37 JrueTheFuture @ 01/20/12 01:05 PM
Can anyone share what they released on the roster update? Can't access my ps3 right now

thanks

# 38 Find_the_Door @ 01/20/12 01:14 PM
These updates are needed for Portland

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-changes.html

# 39 NYdreams @ 01/20/12 01:15 PM
i seen ricky rubio 85 3 point rating and i immediately took the disc out the xbox because thats a joke when he barely shoots.. nothing was improved and this is what they had us waiting for since the beginning of the season .. #sodisrespectful 2k just needs to leave the game alone after this one... its just getting worse and worse

# 40 PrettyT11 @ 01/20/12 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
3pt rating is only one of the ratings that influences the 3pt shot success %. There is consistency, SIT, SOD, clutch, etc.

Someone before mentioned Kobe has his mid too low on 72. I suggest he tries to play a couple of games with Kobe, he can't miss from mid, the 72 is probably too high and not too low.
This is true. And when you look and see that Lowry has an 80 consistency rating and a shooting abilities rating of good in pull up and stepback jumper to go along with his new 88 three point you will see that an 88 is far too high. Especially for a guy who is a 32 percent career three point shooter and only shot 37 percent from three last season.

A 15 game sample is not enough to change a guys who has years of play under his belt rating that high. He has no business being rated as high or higher from three as guys who are consistently over 40 percent year in and year out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.