Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

The MLB 2K12 demo is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, February 28th for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

It will showcase the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers, in a World Series rematch.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Hajmyis @ 02/28/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You click to download it, then when you turn on your xbox it will start automatically(the download process)
Huh never knew that. Crazy

# 82 Arizito Sports @ 02/28/12 02:52 PM
I just notice that you don't need to go on the web site to download the demo, all you need to do is just go on get trail on the game marketplace under mlb2k12 ..

# 83 m1ke_nyc @ 02/28/12 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llCllVllDUBll
Already noticing some HORRIBLE framerate issues. Might just go get a ps3 just for the Show.
I would attribute some of that to it being a demo, but this is a legacy issue.

# 84 Tomba @ 02/28/12 03:05 PM
I was holding out with great optimism and I don't think i ever said this in a long time for ANY sports game.

This game is garbage. Framerates and player face have not seen improvement and Kinslers "ghost face" is still in 2 years running now.

Only the camera is this games saving grace but even I dont know if thats that great.

I just am not gonna waste my money on this

VERY dissapointed. This game is like MLB 2k8 all over again....

2k9's the best of the bunch probably

# 85 bluengold34_OS @ 02/28/12 03:09 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed it very much.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

# 86 Skyboxer @ 02/28/12 03:09 PM
Waiting at school to pick daughter up and figured I'd stop in and see if demo was up yet. Very disappoInted in seeing these early impressions.
Keep them coming though guys please.

# 87 jvaughn31 @ 02/28/12 03:19 PM
Quote:
Already noticing some HORRIBLE framerate issues. Might just go get a ps3 just for the Show.
Thats what I'm doing

# 88 bluengold34_OS @ 02/28/12 03:20 PM
It's probably easy for me to enjoy it, since I figured it would be nothing groundbreaking in the last year of a contractual agreement in which a company lost it's *** on. I own both systems, but have made sure to grab this title every year.....and it does what I wanted it to. Once again though, I respect other people's opinion who don't care for it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

# 89 econoodle @ 02/28/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
Just played the 3 innings you get...

Terrible maybe they improved graphics 5%
nothing else is changed
from 2k11

ill save up and get a ps3 & sonys baseball game

come on man lol

# 90 nbman @ 02/28/12 03:21 PM
Commentary can be heard in the vid released yesterday. It is great.

# 91 mooch49 @ 02/28/12 03:29 PM
Haven't played yet, but it's not fair to base a sports game, especially one as intricate and immersive as baseball on 3 innings. We already knew the gameplay mechanics were pretty much the same. That seems to be the majority of the criticisms. There will be a lot to critique like AI, authencity, fun factor, bugs, etc once the retail version hits next week. But until then, we shouldn't just assume this game is an automatic fail.

# 92 Ollienyy @ 02/28/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
well i wish it was good since im stuck with a xbox
but to be honest 2k needs to get off baseball and this game should be released at half price..no wonder they have that combo for 80 bucks
So your buying another PS3? You said in other posts you bought a PS3 to play the other game. When the trailers came out you were saying how good the game looks, now you've gone full on negative bordering on trolling. Not sure if your not a native English speaker but your posts make you seem like you have a personality disorder...

# 93 Arizito Sports @ 02/28/12 03:38 PM
I just played the demo is ok not great I just don't understand why carlos beltran is wearing a Met cap on his picture ?

# 94 Pared @ 02/28/12 03:39 PM
Enough with the bickering.

And no one cares if you plan on buying a PS3 to play another game. You're in the MLB 2k12 forum - post on the game or you will be removed from the forum.

# 95 MFin04 @ 02/28/12 03:40 PM
I don't say this lightly because for years I've been frustrated with this game, from messed up jerseys, no throwing/fielding errors in the game, to always having to adjust sliders to make the game play remotely correctly.

But this demo is quite impressive. The new throw meter works great, and you can queue a throw to once base and decide to throw to a different base. The pitching is great. The hitting is much better with much more variety. The amount of info they have complied using the D-pad for pitching is terrific.

I really enjoyed this demo and the game will even better being able to adjust the batting cameras so guys heads aren't cut off.

# 96 Mo @ 02/28/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Really? I can't post my opinion. I thought this was about gameplay impressions correct?
No, this is the impressions thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ions-here.html

# 97 Pared @ 02/28/12 03:49 PM
Quote:
Remove me then sucka.
Wish - granted.

We have a no tolerance policy here in place at OS. Don't like it? Feel free to find another forum.
Quote:
LOL really? as far as i know i posted about the game
If you believe this to be the case, then you have nothing to worry about - right?

People come to the MLB 2k forum to find impressions on *gasp* MLB 2k. It's a simple concept.

# 98 pistolpete @ 02/28/12 04:10 PM
I may have to give this one a download when I get home later. Has fielding improved since last year? I feel in last year's game players had the worth time changing direction.

# 99 m1ke_nyc @ 02/28/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
I may have to give this one a download when I get home later. Has fielding improved since last year? I feel in last year's game players had the worth time changing direction.
It has improved you will really notice it in the outfield. Infield has improved somewhat but still needs a little work to get on par with the outfield. The new throwing meter is great and I like that in the middle of winding up to throw to a base you can decide to throw to another. Ball also seems to travel alot smoother now.

# 100 Schreck @ 02/28/12 04:28 PM
As usual it looks like the ones hating on this game had their mind made up before they ever touched it. Even if these guys did play the demo, it took them 5 minutes to decide they hated it. I spent a lot of time with 2k11 and really liked it, hopefully they step their game up some more and smooth out the rough edges and this can be a great game.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.