Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 will not include the University of South Alabama. Jags Jungle corresponded with EA Sports for the answer.

Quote:
South Alabama was a provisional member of FBS last year and did not play a full FBS schedule. We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. South Alabama will be included in NCAA Football 14.

Sources - Jags Jungle, CBS - Eye on College Football

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 eagskerfan @ 06/15/12 10:19 PM
This whole thing could have been avoided if we were allowed to add teambuilder teams without having to replace other teams.

# 82 TDenverFan @ 06/15/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
This whole thing could have been avoided if we were allowed to add teambuilder teams without having to replace other teams.
Yeah, I imagine that's hard to do, but then again, they have a year to figure out a way to pull this off....

# 83 moylan1234 @ 06/15/12 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Which is why it makes no sense for EA to pretend that there was ever a question of whether they were moving or not.
When did they pretend that? again you are reaching and trying to imply things you have no idea about. For all we know they had the team made and ready to go, but when they didn't get official confirmation from the school unlike the other 3 cases they decided to air on the side of caution so that there inclusion wouldn't mess up schedules for the rest of the 123 teams in the game. not sure what's so hard about this.

# 84 SincerelYourz @ 06/15/12 11:51 PM
as a South Alabama Alumni, I am pissed off about thisI hope we beat the brakes off of NC state this year too...but to be fair; we are not fully div. 1-A yet

# 85 SincerelYourz @ 06/15/12 11:57 PM
I don't understand the complaints, South Alabama is not division 1-A until 2013

# 86 Noble Evildoer @ 06/16/12 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I agree, its EAs fault they had a policy and followed it to attempt and absolve themselves of legal trouble. What absolute jerks.
Please tell us all about the legal process of getting USA in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Schools like North Dakota State, James Madison, Appalachian State, South Dakota State, and Montana have all considered moving up to the FBS, but there is no reason for EA to add them until they confirm it.
Thinking about moving up is quite different from officially saying you're moving up and having the backin a conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
When did they pretend that? again you are reaching and trying to imply things you have no idea about. For all we know they had the team made and ready to go, but when they didn't get official confirmation from the school unlike the other 3 cases they decided to air on the side of caution so that there inclusion wouldn't mess up schedules for the rest of the 123 teams in the game. not sure what's so hard about this.
Why should they air on the side of caution when it was obvious to everybody they were going FBS? Do some half-hearted research and you'd know where the team stood. The excuse seems silly because it acts as though there was ever a question. I guess they just thought it was a coincidence they were playing everybody in the Sun Belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Sports

South Alabama was a provisional member of FBS last year and did not play a full FBS schedule. We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. South Alabama will be included in NCAA Football 14.

# 87 Suntan Superman @ 06/16/12 01:15 AM
The legal process of putting a real life entity requires multiple waivers(thanks Sam Keller). Now if EA had not gotten proper documentation from the NCAA or UoSA they would be smart not to put them in. If they did not sign authorization papers, then they are not legally hindered from filing a lawsuit. Petty lawsuits happen all the time, and with a corporation like EA, its probably best to cover ALL of your bases. Go read the Sam Keller lawsuit, all of it. There are so many broad spectrums opening from it.

# 88 Twenty Four @ 06/16/12 01:25 AM
I'm not sure how EA couuld not have known. They are listed in the Sun Belt, they're on the schedule for the Sun Belt teams, in East Alabama and West Florida (big population) its groundbreaking news that USA in D-1 now. Maybe EA could open their eyes and get things right

# 89 Suntan Superman @ 06/16/12 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown_corner3
I'm not sure how EA couuld not have known. They are listed in the Sun Belt, they're on the schedule for the Sun Belt teams, in East Alabama and West Florida (big population) its groundbreaking news that USA in D-1 now. Maybe EA could open their eyes and get things right
Just gonna go ahead and guess you missed the last few pages of discussion.

# 90 Twenty Four @ 06/16/12 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Just gonna go ahead and guess you missed the last few pages of discussion.
All of you are assuming USA didn't tell EA. Maybe USA and the NCAA for that matter didn't think they needed to let EA knoe abput something already announced

# 91 moylan1234 @ 06/16/12 01:59 AM
Quote:
All of you are assuming USA didn't tell EA. Maybe USA and the NCAA for that matter didn't think they needed to let EA knoe abput something already announced
right so they did all their research on the other three, but when it got to the Jags they just ran out of juice. got it, okay.

# 92 Fredonia @ 06/16/12 02:53 AM
How's this?

I'll assume that EA knew, but because of the Sam Keller lawsuit and the fact that SOUTH ALABAMA DID NOT MEET THE DEADLINE ON INFORMING EA, that EA said, "At the risk of having a petty lawsuit filed against us that will take up valuable time, we'll wait until next year to put them in, they didn't meet the deadline, so tough luck."

How this is anyone but South Alabama's fault is beyond the realm of common sense.

EA has had their misgivings in the past, just as everyone else on this mudball we call Earth, but this is South Alabama's fault, and before EA put out a statement, I didn't see anyone take the opposite stance. That doesn't mean no one did, it just means I personally did not see it.

# 93 Vaporub83 @ 06/16/12 08:57 AM
I agree that it is south alabama/ncaa fault. For all the people saying it is ea game and to do research are forgetting that there is a license in place. Meaning nothing can be done regarding teams or conferences until approved by the NCAA. This is the same reason there isn't a playoff option.

# 94 kenlovin @ 06/16/12 11:05 AM
The problem isn't with the school not making it in, the reason they gave is perfectly understandable and they said it will be in next year. The problem is with the ability to add them in your own. I personally don't fault a dev for not putting every little thing a game but when I'm not giving the ability to add my own flavor to it is when it becomes a detriment.

# 95 Mauer4MVP @ 06/16/12 11:13 AM
Pretty sure this was revealed a couple of months ago.

# 96 AndrewGW88 @ 06/16/12 11:33 AM
Some people go to great lengths to blame EA on anything. UoSA/NCAA didn't meet EA's deadline. Simply put it was better to not include them rather than risk it and have a Sam Keller lawsuit all over again if it didn't work.

# 97 Twenty Four @ 06/16/12 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
right so they did all their research on the other three, but when it got to the Jags they just ran out of juice. got it, okay.
oh so they didn't generate the sun belt schedule this year ? Oh okay. Mustve missed that. Because that's all the research it would've took.

# 98 Raven Nation42 @ 06/16/12 01:55 PM
Here's hoping that they can patch them in later as update. As for the fact that the univ officials didn't know that weren't included doesn't mean that they failed to meet EA's deadline. I don't ever recall any universities officials having a video gaming task force on their payroll @ Maryland to verify inclusion in a video game. The NCAA's provides the list of FBS teams including new entries well in advance and this should have been confirmed. Full Sun Belt conference schedule along with two outer conf games ( Miss St & NC State). Hmm, now you got me wondering If this is the Big 10 or 12 conferences, would this have been missed?

# 99 pj_28 @ 06/16/12 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool
Anyone throwing blame at ea is showing their age. People under the age of 25 really have no understanding of how business and the real world works. when you want your institution represented in an officially licensed product of an organization you belong to, it is your institutions responsibility to provide accurate and timely information and go through he proper legal Channels to do so. It is not ea's responsibility to make sure collegiate institutions cover their bases and follow through on their end and provide all the needed info. The ad and Sid of USA should've set this ball in motion 2 years ago. Blame usa's administration for not handling this in the correct manner. Do y'all realize that usa's ad had no idea they weren't in the game until angry alumni notified them.
I don't know if I qualify as throwing blame at EA since I blame all three parties for this oversite but I am over your magic line of 25 years old. Now the more I have looked into it the less blame I put on EA and the only reason I still give them any is because if they had made it a priority to get a response from the NCAA or UoSA they would have gotten one. Does that mean they should have to hound them for an answer no, but could they have to get a response? I know an old owner for a buisness I used to work at was terrible at responding to anyone, if people wanted a response they had to bug him frequently for him to finally get back to you. I am not saying that is a good way to do things just that it happens. So while EA did not get a response and that means they could not put it in I feel that if it was higher on their list of priorities they would have been able to get confirmation.
Now if I am way off base and EA did keep attempting to get a response and the NCAA and UoSA just ignored it I take back saying EA had any fault.

# 100 moylan1234 @ 06/16/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
oh so they didn't generate the sun belt schedule this year ? Oh okay. Mustve missed that. Because that's all the research it would've took.
even more proof that this had nothing to do with laziness or lack of effort on EA's part. Again give me one sound reason why they would put any effort at all into the other three school's and then just quit when it got to the Jags. so far in this thread I haven't heard one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.