Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition

Exclusive package to include NBA 2K13, downloadable All-Star add-on content,
customized Spalding® basketball, Skullcandy Ink’d earbuds and Skinit controller skin

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 for $99.99 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Limited quantities of the Dynasty Edition are being produced and fans are encouraged to pre-order at participating retailers.

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 – the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* – the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding® and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink’d earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

“With this special edition package, we want to give something meaningful to our great fans,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is an awesome deal that is sure to please fans, and will become a must-have item while supplies last.”

NBA 2K13 is the follow-up to NBA 2K12, which has sold-in over 5 million units worldwide and won more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards from outlets including Gamespot, Sports Illustrated and the Spike Video Game Awards.

NBA 2K13 is being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. NBA 2K13 and the NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 aloncho11 @ 06/28/12 08:29 PM
Man, that would have been awesome. In the black alternates and AJs 1 like his last game at the Garden in 1998.

# 62 jd@os @ 06/28/12 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Looks like 5 dollars worth of junk being sold for 40 bucks. Try focusing on getting the online play fixed and less about peddling game manuals. I'm done with this franchise for a couple of years...I've bought the last two releases and barely payed them.
Not to be negative, but the people who "peddle game manuals" aren't the ones who "fix online play". I really, really don't want to sound mean but I don't understand why people don't comprehend the notion that there are different departments that handle different things.

I'm a teacher, and that's like someone coming up to me and saying, "Try focusing on getting better exercises in PE and less on reading skills." Uuuuuh, I don't teach PE--that's a different department.

It's not all connected: this does not take away from online play, more legend teams doesn't take away from gameplay, etc.

# 63 BRxSKINSx @ 06/28/12 11:31 PM
Yes....!!!!!! Exactly what I need....!

# 64 ewingandoakley @ 06/28/12 11:41 PM
Steve, we here at OS are your biggest fans, but if 2k thinks that anybody in their right mind is going to pay 40 dollars extra for a fake basketball, a sticker, and a whole lot of other random stuff, I question their sanity.

# 65 youvalss @ 06/29/12 12:09 AM
^^ Sanity or not, I'm sure some people will buy it. As long as those who buy it are happy...so be it.

# 66 jreezy18 @ 06/29/12 02:14 AM
Interesting edition...I do need some new earphones.

# 67 SouthBeach @ 06/29/12 02:26 AM
2K: Big announcements to come this week!
Fans: Stop making announcements letting us know when to expect news! We don't want to be informed, thank you.

Any bit of information is good whether it's what "we" want to know more about or not; at least we're informed.

# 68 King_B_Mack @ 06/29/12 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
So you're saying that the All-Star Weekend pack is only for blind sheep that are willing to cash out blindly before any reviews even come out? Before they know if the product is worth their money?

Horrible move, 2K. Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Not only your PC fanbase gets no respect once again, but you're actually expecting console gamers to buy the game without reading a single full review of it. Or they don't get the content.

An All-Star Weekend pack is significant content, 2K. You can't just say "either buy it even if it turns out to be ****, or you're not getting this content ever".

Screw this.
Blind sheep?

# 69 VDusen04 @ 06/29/12 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Blind sheep?
Yeah, perhaps his message was a little overboard but if I interpreted it correctly I think I agree with his general premise. I'm definitely bummed about the idea of All-Star Weekend being exclusive content only for those who pre-order. On that same hand, most of the comments from 2K folks have been, "at this time, All-Star Weekend is only available via pre-order." As a consumer I sort of wish for such a statement to be more definitive, as in, "All-Star Weekend Content will never be available via DLC. Pre-ordering the game will be the only means of acquiring this mode" or "Yes, we do have plans to eventually release All-Star Weekend separately. However, to acquire the mode immediately, one must pre-order."

On top of everything else, as someone who traditionally does not pre-order games, I'm curious as to whether the All-Star Weekend product will be available to most anyone who buys the game on release day. Last year, it was maintained that the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings would only be available via pre-order. However, codes were available to many who bought the game within its first shipment.

# 70 spankdatazz22 @ 06/29/12 11:09 AM
Isn't that how it normally is though? I'm thinking of other companies that offer preorder bonuses but don't recall. Usually the caveat is you get the preorder content for "free", but it's usually offered as DLC at some point down the line whether for extra $$$ or as a time-delay release.

# 71 JerzeyReign @ 06/29/12 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
agreed...I don't know why they didn't have one for this guy

Because that guy would want some of the profits.

# 72 VDusen04 @ 06/29/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Isn't that how it normally is though? I'm thinking of other companies that offer preorder bonuses but don't recall. Usually the caveat is you get the preorder content for "free", but it's usually offered as DLC at some point down the line whether for extra $$$ or as a time-delay release.
Yeah, that'd actually be great. My issue comes with providing a portion of a product to some consumers but not to others, if ASW ends up not being released as payable DLC at any point. I've used this example a few times already, but I don't believe it's particularly the coolest business move to disallow my little brothers from having the All-Star Weekend in the game just because they have to wait until Christmas (or later) in order to make their purchase of NBA2K13.

Again, it'd just be nice to hear a definitive, "Listen, if you pre-order, you'll get the ASW for free. However, if you don't preorder, you can still receive the ASW, you'll just have to pay." Or, on the flip side, they could say, "The only way you'll ever be able to acquire the All-Star Weekend is through pre-ordering, because it's never ever going to be released as DLC."

# 73 SouthBeach @ 06/29/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Because that guy would want some of the profits.
I think the word you're looking for is "all".

# 74 _-King-_ @ 06/29/12 06:27 PM
Please tell me this is not the biggest announcement in 2K Sports history that they were talking about.

# 75 LD2k @ 06/29/12 07:35 PM
Droppin some hints in this week's Community Weekly Update (#3): http://2kgam.es/2KSportsWeeklyUpdates

# 76 Culture Rot @ 06/30/12 04:15 PM
Will this be avaiable for the PC

# 77 inkcil @ 07/01/12 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
They should have included one McFarlane Sports figure you could get Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin or Derrick Rose and a poster of the cover like 2k10
That would have been dope...a figure posing just like on the cover. Also. I've loved 2k's soundtracks...should have included a soundtrack CD...also, basketball should have at least be signed by a player or by someone from the 2k team.

So in a nutshell, basketball was a good idea, just not executed properly;
Earbuds should have been supplemented or replaced by soundtrack;
Figurine and or basketball card/image should have been included.
Is the controller skin embossed or does it just look like the texture of a baseball, if not embossed...fail.

# 78 LD2k @ 07/01/12 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Is the controller skin embossed or does it just look like the texture of a baseball, if not embossed...fail.
I believe it's embossed.

# 79 inkcil @ 07/01/12 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I believe it's embossed.
That is pretty cool. Any idea if the soundtrack will be retailed or a promotional item?

# 80 Behindshadows @ 07/01/12 09:08 PM
Can't reserve this anywhere...and Gamestop wants 20 bucks down if they reserve it.

Not going to happen, especially when they are bad about refunding reserves.

Best Buy doesn't even show in system and so forth.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.