Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 News Post

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 demo is available now for 360. Download it now or queue it up right here.

According to a few readers, the PS3 demo is available on PSN Japan.

Here are the eight teams included in the demo. Germany, England, Portugal and Italy, for the international friendlies. Santos FC, SC International, Fluminense and Flamengo are available in the Copa Libertadores mode.

You can play on any difficulty setting, and it also has localized language options.

Please download the demo and post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the skill and technique demanded by PES 2013’s total football. As teams fuelled by Pro-Active AI make runs and behave like real players, PES 2013’s all-new Full Control elements give you total control over every move – with fully manual shooting meaning that no two goals will be the same. Player ID then adds further depth, as the best players move and behave just like their real-life counterparts. Get an early sample of PES 2013’s gameplay.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 kennyacid @ 07/25/12 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Thanks. Downloading now.
nevermind lol

# 22 THE YAMA @ 07/25/12 01:10 AM
Looking forward to trying out this demo.

# 23 cincy14fan @ 07/25/12 01:23 AM
Looks good. Played a game with Santo (me) vs. Flamengo and ended with a 1-1 draw.

I like how the trapping works, but i like it even better that balls that you get a foot on, or hard passes take realistic bounces. I got a goal on a deflected pass that Neymar scoop up since he was the closer one instead of Borges (intended target), and would do a nice heel kick pass to Ganso where I manually hit it off the post for the goal about 24 yards out. It was a beauty. Ronaldinho scored first against me on a nice one-two pass that ended with a cross to him for the header.

# 24 ecantona99 @ 07/25/12 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
I know for full manual passing an arrow comes up and lets you direct the ball wherever you want to pass. Works really well in my mind as you can pass the ball ahead exactly where you want and could fit in some tight passes. As for shooting I don't really know. I am just shooting and using the left stick to guide to an area and it seems to go there. It shoots like FIFA in my mind.
Shooting is the same concept. If you hold down the modifier then an arrow will come up showing where you want to shoot the ball. I love it. Love the game. It is very fluid as was stated before. I think it will give FIFA a run for its money this year.

# 25 cincy14fan @ 07/25/12 01:53 AM
Just beat Italy with Germany 9-1. Outshot them 27(17 on target) to 3. Their three shots came in the final 5 minutes when I was trying to work on sliding and see how the help defense was. That was just a little too easy. I did finally score off of a corner. I don't know if was planned but I tried to go for the header and my guy just ducked his head so it bounced behind him to a wide open player who blasted it home.

# 26 ps3veron @ 07/25/12 03:10 AM
Wow awesome!

I am at work right now so can a kind soul kindly answer the following:

1) What game modes are on? Is it just 1p vs cpu?
2) How large is the file size on the PS3?
3) How does it feel? Like 2011? Or the older PES'?

# 27 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/25/12 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Just beat Italy with Germany 9-1. Outshot them 27(17 on target) to 3. Their three shots came in the final 5 minutes when I was trying to work on sliding and see how the help defense was. That was just a little too easy. I did finally score off of a corner. I don't know if was planned but I tried to go for the header and my guy just ducked his head so it bounced behind him to a wide open player who blasted it home.
Wow, what difficulty are you playing on? 9-1 is pretty crazy for the amount of time that we're given. I'm only playing on professional and most of the time only one goal is scored between both teams, if that.

This is my first time ever playing a Pro Evolution title and I'm having a blast with it. I'm not sure how this one compares with other games in the series, but I could definitely see myself picking it up. From a casual soccer gamer's perspective, I think it plays really well. I suck on both sides of the ball, but I figure I'll improve as I play some more. I'm really curious to know what type of career mode this game has and how deep it is. That will play a big role in my decision to pick it up because I know most of my friends list will be getting Fifa.

My complaints about the demo are pretty minor so far. For starters, I wish we had longer halves because the time goes by too fast. That really has nothing to do with the actual game itself, but it's hard to get the feel for a full game with the time that they've given us. I guess they're not going to provide you with but so much in a demo though.

I also wish that the graphics were a little better. The graphics aren't horrible or anything, but they certainly aren't anything special. They could definitely pop some more.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've experienced so far. I can't wait to try the Fifa demo to compare the two.

# 28 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/25/12 05:55 AM
When I downloaded this earlier it said Pro Evolution Soccer 13 Demo No. 1. I'm I right to assume that they'll be dropping another demo too? If so, does anyone know what will be different about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Well....BAL blew Fifa's career mode out of the water last year so....you'd get much more traction out of PES than Fifa on that side.

A valid comparison would be between Live's Be a Pro mode and 2k's MyPlayer mode. The gap is that wide IMO.
Interesting. Does PES also have a regular career mode where you control the entire team?

Also, how good is the commentary usually in these games? There isn't any in the demo and I'm kind of curious about that.

# 29 Yeats @ 07/25/12 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Also, how good is the commentary usually in these games? There isn't any in the demo and I'm kind of curious about that.
Think "Madden commentary" and then set your expectations around there. It's pretty bad, very lame. If you have the PC version, mods have been created that allow you to replace the PES commentary with the commentary from one of EA's games (WC 2010 I think).

# 30 MattyEdgeworth @ 07/25/12 06:54 AM
Yeah it seems very good, much better than last years I think. Everything feels nice and fluid and the players really do feel unique and like their real life counter parts. The AI is very intelligent, which to me is one thing PES does much better than FIFA, your team-mates will make intelligent runs and play one twos and the like without you asking them to.

Overall, I think the game is great. I'm still pretty rubbish at because I've always been a FIFA player but I'm getting the hang of it

# 31 RoyceDa59 @ 07/25/12 07:38 AM
Quote:
When I downloaded this earlier it said Pro Evolution Soccer 13 Demo No. 1. I'm I right to assume that they'll be dropping another demo too? If so, does anyone know what will be different about it?

Interesting. Does PES also have a regular career mode where you control the entire team?

Yes they do, check this thread I posted in a few weeks ago. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html

# 32 WaddupCouzin @ 07/25/12 08:12 AM
I played it last night for a bit, game feels really fluid, and the ball feels heavy, not floaty. I was going through the different camera angles and the Broadcast Angle is spectacular. It looks like I'm watching a real game. I'm really diggin that camera angle.

# 33 Camm @ 07/25/12 08:18 AM
Is it out on PS3 in the UK/US yet?

# 34 Yeats @ 07/25/12 09:06 AM
Wow, wow, wow! Playing the PC version of the demo. What a huge improvement. Gameplay speed is perfect (slow!), animations are much improved, ball has weight to it... everything this series has been missing for a few years now.

For the love of god Konami, DON'T keep fiddling with the gameplay pre-release and make it worse like you did last year. If the gameplay stays the same as it plays in this demo, it's an auto-purchase for me no question. (Didn't buy 2012 so I'd love to have a PES game again on my PC.)

EDIT: Well after playing this for an hour, I have to say it's a definite keeper. But it doesn't match up with FIFA as far as fun factor, for me anyway. There's something very static and drab about the game: the animations, graphics, stadium lighting, player faces and skin textures, overall color palette, etc. I guess I've turned into a graphics and presentation ho! Great to see PES is finally playable though.

# 35 Qb @ 07/25/12 10:25 AM
I played five or six games on the 360 last night, a few on professional then moved up to top player difficulty. Overall, it feels a little better than 2012 in terms of pace/flow. I played on -1 gamespeed with 2012; I did not adjust the speed in the new demo as the default was very pleasing. A few random thoughts...

Shots now have some venom to them. I was trying to walk it into the goal based on my habits from 2011/12. The CPU hit some crackers with Balotelli, Ronaldo, and Nani, so I finally gave it a go with Gerrard from way out... wow, what a difference.

Speaking of Ronaldo, the Player ID thing really showed with him. He was full of step-overs & moves, and his animations were distinct. Some other guys (Nani, Neymar) stood out a bit as well, so that bodes well for player individuality.

Can't say much about the keepers, as I didn't produce or concede many chances. There were a few corners I felt the keeper should have made a play on but didn't.

There were a few times I was frustrated with my teammates, but it was isolated to a few situations. For the most part, the spacing & movement seem pretty sharp at first glance. However, I felt like the AI could be making smarter runs to put more pressure on the defense. For example, I was able to mark two players with one defender coming down the wing because the player without the ball didn't force me to make a choice. I was in a similar spot on a counter with Oxlade-Chamberlain after beating the LB at about the halfway line. Rooney just kind of jogged along with the CB in a straight line, rather than forcing him to make a choice on whom to defend. I'm not good with the teammate controls, and I'm sure it would really help, but should I really need to do that in those situations?

The auto-movement of the player under user control is still there, mostly when there is a loose ball (clearance, blocked shot, missed pass). Many times my guy was locked on the ball and sent in a straight line to meet it, usually putting me at a disadvantage. I realize this is probably related to the amount of support AI teammates provide -- as opposed to feeling you have to do everything yourself -- but I think it can be better balanced. I'm used to super-cancelling after years of playing the series, but it still feels like the game is controlling you in certain circumstances. Again, it's not all bad as it likely contributes to supportive teammates and an underlying sense of player inertia/momentum, it's just too noticeable for my tastes at times.

Still, I enjoyed my hour-plus last night and will be back at it tonight. PES has always had its own feel to it, usually revealing a greater depth of control the more time you spend with it. Five minute halves (locked it appears) don't do it justice and I found myself forcing the issue, which could also be habits from previous years which were slanted towards quick-building attacks.

# 36 kennyacid @ 07/25/12 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camm
Is it out on PS3 in the UK/US yet?
UK yes, US probably later this afternoon

# 37 Yeats @ 07/25/12 10:53 AM
Demo unlockers available for the PC version over at Evo-Web. Change the half length to 30 minutes, turn on injuries, etc.

# 38 aloncho11 @ 07/25/12 11:14 AM
Quote:
The second demo ammends the bugs/glitches and fixes several aspects of gameplay according to the feedback from the first on community boards affiliated to Konami. It is also a code very close to what the final build of the game will be.

# 39 KG @ 07/25/12 11:19 AM
Q,

You can turn off most of the auto-CPU clearance stuff but there are tines where you still get pulled at times.

# 40 Qb @ 07/25/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Q,

You can turn off most of the auto-CPU clearance stuff but there are tines where you still get pulled at times.
Yeah, I had the assistance/auto settings turned off. When I said clearances, I meant when a cross or header is cleared away to space. The user-controlled player will get tractor-beamed onto the ball's path, and it seems like it's usually not at the optimal "pursuit angle" so to speak.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.