Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Looks legit to me... Thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 riichiieriich @ 07/30/12 01:39 PM
It surprises me in this digital media day and age that people still listen to the music put on the game's soundtrack. As soon as I pop the disc in I'm streaming my music through the Xbox guide.

# 22 VDusen04 @ 07/30/12 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
It surprises me in this digital media day and age that people still listen to the music put on the game's soundtrack. As soon as I pop the disc in I'm streaming my music through the Xbox guide.
I'm 50/50. This is such a first world problem, but sometimes I prefer the game's music to finding my ipod, plugging it in, then going through the menus and waiting for the music to load up (I use my ipod because the music on my harddrive seems to improperly shuffle, playing only a fraction of what's actually on my HD). Also, I use custom in-game music, so cycling between my ipod then stopping it during game intros is sometimes annoying. And again, many times 2K has introduced me to artists and tracks I ended up really enjoying (and later adding to my itunes collection) so there's that too.

Still, oftentimes I am with you. It is very common for me to use my own music. It's just nice to know it's not absolutely necessary, where if I want, I can just listen to the game's soundtrack and still have an enjoyable experience.

# 23 THE YAMA @ 07/30/12 01:45 PM
Pretty excited to hear this soundtrack!

# 24 Steve_OS @ 07/30/12 01:48 PM
So the Brooklyn Nets will be rated 99 for obvious reasons, right?

# 25 infam0us @ 07/30/12 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
So the Brooklyn Nets will be rated 99 for obvious reasons, right?
As a Nets fan I am 1000% okay with it.

# 26 juicey79 @ 07/30/12 01:49 PM
I'm a little concerned with this collaboration.
Does Jay even play video games, let alone sports video games (rhetorical)?
I understand that executive producer contributes polish more than anything.
Well I hope the game is sick, I trully hope they outsell 2k11. Get more legends & teams (like the PC Mod).
Fix gameplay, and get more emotion in the game. Make me excited to win a chip!

# 27 illwill10 @ 07/30/12 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm 50/50. This is such a first world problem, but sometimes I prefer the game's music to finding my ipod, plugging it in, then going through the menus and waiting for the music to load up (I use my ipod because the music on my harddrive seems to improperly shuffle, playing only a fraction of what's actually on my HD). Also, I use custom in-game music, so cycling between my ipod then stopping it during game intros is sometimes annoying. And again, many times 2K has introduced me to artists and tracks I ended up really enjoying (and later adding to my itunes collection) so there's that too.

Still, oftentimes I am with you. It is very common for me to use my own music. It's just nice to know it's not absolutely necessary, where if I want, I can just listen to the game's soundtrack and still have an enjoyable experience.
Even though I play it on a 360, PS3 users dont have that privilege.

I would like them to do what The Show does, which is allow the user to play songs that are on their harddrive. That way we can listen to what we want.

# 28 8and9 @ 07/30/12 01:53 PM
Pretty cool. I would be kind of bummed if this is the "HUGE" announcement though.

# 29 Gman 18 @ 07/30/12 01:56 PM
There is no way this is the huge announcement. This is probably an add-on to 2k13. The big announcement probably has something to do with Michael Jordan.

# 30 chi_hawks @ 07/30/12 02:02 PM
i got nothing from that video. soundtrack is always meh for me as I listen to music while playing anyway.

Show me a fast break where kendrick person doesn't chase down and catch derrick rose and I'll be interested.

# 31 spankdatazz22 @ 07/30/12 02:13 PM
Nice tease imo. "Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is..."

# 32 swac07 @ 07/30/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Amen! 2k has me sick and tired of that song
lol me too "basketball is my favorite sport i love the way they dribble up and down the court" -mutes tv-

# 33 swac07 @ 07/30/12 02:37 PM
I think its cool Jay-Z is on the soundtrack...I doubt that's the big announcement though.

# 34 rockchisler @ 07/30/12 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I respect your opinion in this case, I just happen to have a different one. I love variation in music and I think nearly any genre can complement basketball when used in the correct fashion. And of course, everyone will have different interpretations of what good music may be. That's kind of why I like 2K's route in the past, they'd offer some pop rap, some underground, some Indie, etc. It gave players an opportunity to find something suitable to what they liked, as opposed to going with one genre and saying, "Good luck! Hope you like it!"

Oh good call. I'll be curious to see how this works out. Will it be a situation like Dan the Automator's a few years ago where he just had a hand in many of the tracks on 2K's game? This will likely be an unpopular opinion, but I'm only lukewarm on Jay-Z as a whole.
2k6 soundtrack was FIRE!!!!!! It hasnt been that good since..

# 35 Mr_Riddick @ 07/30/12 02:40 PM
Intresting but the gameplay is def 2k12.

# 36 rockchisler @ 07/30/12 02:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the big announcement and since it came out of left field I wouldn't be mad....as long as the issues from the past 2k games are addressed I'm cool. Come on one of the biggest artists in the world is Executive producing your soundtrack..Thats whats up!

# 37 OGKing @ 07/30/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
Intresting but the gameplay is def 2k12.

It's 2k13 gameplay. If you take a look, griffin Hair / face is different than what it is in 2k12

# 38 Ehud_Hapoel @ 07/30/12 03:08 PM
what does an "executive producer" do and why should we care?
btw from where is the video?

# 39 videobastard @ 07/30/12 03:10 PM
Figured jay z would have some contribution to the soundtrack. Its left to be seen if these marketing ploys end up just being clean clothes put on dirty skin.

# 40 drewbaby1414 @ 07/30/12 03:12 PM
Just fix the simulated stats and I would be fine with Barry Manilow playing soundtrack on the game-

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.