Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will be shown to select media outlets on Thursday. OS was not invited, so we aren't sure what will be shown or when the embargo will lift.

The sooner that happens, the better.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 23 @ 08/01/12 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Ah just my 2 cents I guess, seems like what I see on here but I'll take your word on the 2K forums.

Dude you haven't been here long enough to make that kind of a statement then

...and again, all this 2k EA stuff is nothing more than a distraction from the real topic and problem

Which is EA and what they're doing right now, and how they've managed to weasel through by doing this after 2 years off

No other major company or game would ever get away with this kind of a stunt without being questioned

....and some newbies are coming here blaming OS

# 62 riggs6taters @ 08/01/12 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dude you haven't been here long enough to make that kind of a statement then

...and again, all this 2k EA stuff is nothing more than a distraction from the real topic and problem

Which is EA and what they're doing right now, and how they've managed to weasel through by doing this after 2 years off

No other major company or game would ever get away with this kind of a stunt without being questioned

....and some newbies are coming here blaming OS

The way I understand it name calling is against TOS and I don't think I qualify as a "newbie" but again you have an animated gif as your avatar so I'll take whatever you say as accurate.

Apologies for posting when I haven't been here long enough as well.

# 63 23 @ 08/01/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
The way I understand it name calling is against TOS and I don't think I qualify as a "newbie" but again you have an animated gif as your avatar so I'll take whatever you say as accurate.

Apologies for posting when I haven't been here long enough as well.
I wasn't calling YOU a newbie...

I dont even like the term but it applies here with all of the silly talk with guys trying to label everyone who isnt praising this madness some kind of 2k lover when it in fact is nothing more than a way to re-direct what the real issue is.

This has nothing to do with 2k vs Ea... this is all EA here and we all know it

# 64 23 @ 08/01/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
Quit whinning OS. Its not like this is some major gaming media outlet like ign and others. EA doesn't owe us or anyone anything especially when this has been an unfriendly EA site across all games. Yes there is good reason for some of the hate but it's nothing like on the 2k section.

The info will be out this month and we can all make our decisions and I will gladly read the owner and user reviews here and other places.
IGN already smashed on the game from E3, but im sure you forgot about that

I don't think people are whining, I think they're pointing out EA for ducking its tail right now

# 65 riggs6taters @ 08/01/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I wasn't calling YOU a newbie...

I dont even like the term but it applies here with all of the silly talk with guys trying to label everyone who isnt praising this madness some kind of 2k lover when it in fact is nothing more than a way to re-direct what the real issue is.

This has nothing to do with 2k vs Ea... this is all EA here and we all know it

I feel you man, thanks for clarifying.

# 66 King_B_Mack @ 08/01/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Quit whinning OS. Its not like this is some major gaming media outlet like ign and others. EA doesn't owe us or anyone anything especially when this has been an unfriendly EA site across all games. Yes there is good reason for some of the hate but it's nothing like on the 2k section.

The info will be out this month and we can all make our decisions and I will gladly read the owner and user reviews here and other places.
SMH. SMDH. This is why EA is in the spot they are right now. Cause some guys give them the benefit of the doubt no matter what.

# 67 23 @ 08/01/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
I feel you man, thanks for clarifying.
Truth of the matter is again, I've just been waiting...

Basketball games go gold at least 2 weeks before release

That would mean an Oct 2 or 3rd release would make the games go gold in mid to late September

What are guys discussing here though even though its August now? "Is the game coming out"

That shouldnt even be a topic, and while I do believe they will release a game, the secrecy and hiding is the last thing they need to do

What people dont realize about Live 10 is that, that team was completely transparent with their marketing, Steph, Mike (doing videos from his home) and the rest completely showed their hand because they worked to gain trust from the community.

At that time, Steph was a community manager before becoming a dev and he was taking some rough comments from posters throughout Live 09 and maybe 08 as well... can't remember... (check his really old posts and you'll see yourself StephensonMC)

These guys arent doing what it takes to gain community trust, they're still disconnected

# 68 riggs6taters @ 08/01/12 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Truth of the matter is again, I've just been waiting...

Basketball games go gold at least 2 weeks before release

That would mean an Oct 2 or 3rd release would make the games go gold in mid to late September

What are guys discussing here though even though its August now? "Is the game coming out"

That shouldnt even be a topic, and while I do believe they will release a game, the secrecy and hiding is the last thing they need to do

What people dont realize about Live 10 is that, that team was completely transparent with their marketing, Steph, Mike (doing videos from his home) and the rest completely showed their hand because they worked to gain trust from the community.

At that time, Steph was a community manager before becoming a dev and he was taking some rough comments from posters throughout Live 09 and maybe 08 as well... can't remember... (check his really old posts and you'll see yourself StephensonMC)

These guys arent doing what it takes to gain community trust, they're still disconnected
Yea I don't know what the heck Live is doing with all the secrecy and lack of info. I mean if the product is that scary after 3 years...dang ha. What a cluster----

# 69 23 @ 08/01/12 12:45 PM
I guess we'll find out at some point wont we

# 70 SageInfinite @ 08/01/12 12:49 PM
Man, I really thought Live was gonna at least be a solid game this year with all the time EA had. Hopefully it still is a solid alternative, but EA isn't making me feel confident in this game.

# 71 King_B_Mack @ 08/01/12 12:53 PM
I'm very interested to see what comes about tomorrow. Are the outlets with access going to be honest in what they see or is everybody going to come back claiming the best basketball game they've ever see to get the hype train rolling? Cause I guarantee if they start posting how good the game looks, dudes are going to cling to that immediately and EA will be getting paid by a lot of dudes regardless if the game sucks or not in reality.

# 72 23 @ 08/01/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
I just dont think OS is the end all be all and the "community" We are a small but vocal portion of the people that buy their products. This place is good in that devs do come here and post but this is more of a forum where people can hide behind their words and say whatever..

Man what the heck are you talking about?

I dont see anybody hiding except EA

...and again OS must've been something in the past for EA to come here and try to pimp it as hard as they could

How many sites are devs out there doing this at again?

# 73 jmood88 @ 08/01/12 01:03 PM
Quote:

It's a big enough site that they've had developers for every major sports game release post on here and they've given the site exclusives many times before.

# 74 King_B_Mack @ 08/01/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man what the heck are you talking about?

I dont see anybody hiding except EA

...and again OS must've been something in the past for EA to come here and try to pimp it as hard as they could

How many sites are devs out there doing this at again?
Weren't they in the old NCAA Basketball forums too until bolting without a word when everybody ran into the freezing bugs and EA pulled the plug on the series?

# 75 Goffs @ 08/01/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'm very interested to see what comes about tomorrow. Are the outlets with access going to be honest in what they see or is everybody going to come back claiming the best basketball game they've ever see to get the hype train rolling? Cause I guarantee if they start posting how good the game looks, dudes are going to cling to that immediately and EA will be getting paid by a lot of dudes regardless if the game sucks or not in reality.

Same here but I will be reading/listening to any other outlets other than HipHopGamer...

nahmean..

# 76 bigeastbumrush @ 08/01/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
I just dont think OS is the end all be all and the "community" We are a small but vocal portion of the people that buy their products. This place is good in that devs do come here and post but this is more of a forum where people can hide behind their words and say whatever..

So the issues at hand is live 13 is building off elite physics/ant tech while incorporating live 10 control scheme with espn presentation, standard online and limited offline gamemodes. There are some pics out but no gameplay.. Info should be out this month. I dont see what there is to hate on that...
OS has more pull and more of credibility than you realize.

It's far beyond "more of a forum"...

# 77 23 @ 08/01/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Weren't they in the old NCAA Basketball forums too until bolting without a word when everybody ran into the freezing bugs and EA pulled the plug on the series?
Yup but again I wouldnt expect someone who hasn't been here long to know... but to make comments like that and not know it what makes it bad.

Shoot OS has had exclusives from Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant here

... Im sure he wont answer who else is doing this on that level because he can't

# 78 23 @ 08/01/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
Not saying this site doesnt have pull/cred and relationships with devs. Its just not where a majority of its sales comes from and the overall vibe in the EA forums is one of negativity and nit picking. I like the freedom, info and interaction here but like I said they dont owe us anything and the info they have released while small is promising.

Looks like 2k got some rather less then stellar news but you dont see me over there letting them know how less then stellar it is like others do here.

Oh and I would say devs are now posting more through their own outlets while still being interactive via facebook/twitter. Im sure they would like to do it here too but all the nit picking and negativity has made them more hessitant and maybe why they have these councils here now....

Can you guys make one NBA Live statement without throwing 2k into the conversation? Its getting annoying

You can say what you will about affecting sales, but when I posted those first real videos of Elite... it spread from here to everywhere, and EA went into full damage control, only for the demo to come out and show everybody it was for real

Devs will post where their company tells them they can post and where they generate the most traffic for marketing... Facebook or not, this place has its presence but thats not the point

What is EA hiding from.. again the topic of this thread, why hide if you have this stuff nobody has ever seen before?

# 79 King_B_Mack @ 08/01/12 02:07 PM
Quote:
They are having a viewing this thurs... They had a preview at E3, they released screen shots, they told us the focus of the game. It's two months before release and this showing thurs is a step towards more. Madden didn't release its big info until June so we are just a few weeks off of where they should be. Which they told us they would due to it not being a full cycle.

They arent hiding, it's just that you weren't invited to the viewing thurs...
Wait, when did they say the didn't have a full cycle? They didn't use the full two years that they had to make this game, they made it on a standard one year cycle. Try again.

# 80 23 @ 08/01/12 02:14 PM
Quote:
They are having a viewing this thurs... They had a preview at E3, they released screen shots, they told us the focus of the game. It's two months before release and this showing thurs is a step towards more. Madden didn't release its big info until June so we are just a few weeks off of where they should be. Which they told us they would due to it not being a full cycle.

They arent hiding, it's just that you weren't invited to the viewing thurs...
I don't care about the veiwing... all games give previews man.. same as it was at E3

Advertising is not doing me a favor, because if nobody knows the game is there they wasted their time and sales will be low

Again what you fail to acknowledge is that they are coming off of a cancelled game, and pretty much have no press at all

If all they did was plan to talk to people who decided to say they look good instead of actually being good, they'd be shallow and wouldnt last anyway

Im not saying they are but you're definitely pointing to that when you make excuses for them

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.