Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 OverallAgree or disagree?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dj_MyTime @ 08/06/12 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Lesean had a good year in 2010 also, but I'm guessing you're a Bears fans so we could say you're a homer also. Even if I wasn't a Eagles fan I would take Lesean over Forte.
I'm a Panthers fan

Personally I think Stewart and Williams are good enough to be in the top ten but since they split carries they don't really receive national recognition or gaudy statistics. But if you look at their stats (avg ypc, etc.) they're as good/better than HB's on that list.

# 22 Dj_MyTime @ 08/06/12 11:58 AM
Quote:
Well I feel stupid now. Sorry for calling you a homer.
No biggie, I try to keep my inner homer in check . But when I see Cam's DAC at 75 and RGIII at 88, then I make some noise considering Cam had about an 85 at the end of M12 iirc, so why a 10 point drop...

Cam was a 77 ovr rookie as the number one overall pick, then went on to re-write record books and RGIII and Luck come out with better stats...I just don't get it.

# 23 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/06/12 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Ahh!! But that's the problem! Is it based on their careers or coming into this year!?!?!?
When you get hurt and only make it through half the season, you have to base it off of recent years as well.

Just because he had a good start to the season before getting injured doesn't mean they should make him an elite back for this year.

# 24 Dj_MyTime @ 08/06/12 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey sandwich
Nope sorry I gotta stop you RIGHT THERE. Shady McCoy is the best receiving running back in the NFL right now. No way on this earth I'm taking Ray Rice on a screen over Shady.
Two words...

Darren Sproles, just saying.

# 25 angels eclipse7 @ 08/06/12 12:07 PM
I would have it:

Maurice Jones-Drew 93
Arian Foster 93
Adrian Peterson 92
Ray Rice 91
Matt Forte 89
Frank Gore 88
Jamal Charles 88
Lesean McCoy 88
Stephen Jackson 87
Michael Turner 85

# 26 THE YAMA @ 08/06/12 12:11 PM
Overall way to high. Wondering how AP's rating will adjust coming off that knee injury.

# 27 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 12:11 PM
Quote:
Ahh!! But that's the problem! Is it based on their careers or coming into this year!?!?!?
I'd say both. When you start jumping guys to elite status based on one potentially good season then the ratings become even more messed up.

# 28 gator3guy @ 08/06/12 12:14 PM
Some people didn't watch too many Eagles games last year (understandably).

# 29 angels eclipse7 @ 08/06/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Thank God you don't do ratings...Gore and Charles ahead of McCoy?
Well no. they are actually the same rating at 88 so basically equals. Gore has always been a beast and Charles was the second best back in the league before his injury.

and I put your boy McCoy above my boy, Michael Turner (im a falcons fan) who lead the NFC in rushing last year.

# 30 angels eclipse7 @ 08/06/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
I'm guessing no one here has seen Lesean?
Of course they have. They kid is an absolute beast. I won't dare deny that. And he's only going to get better while guys like Jackson and Turner and Gore will likely only get worse.

The reason I have Gore and McCoy at the same rating is while yes, McCoy put up better numbers than Gore, Gore controlling the ground game in San Francisco was a huge reason for the 49ers success last year. On the other hand, McCoy's incredible success last year didn't exactly translate to wins.

In other words when I do ratings, I always give teams that won a lot last year the benefit of the doubt while I don't give teams that didn't win the benefit of the doubt. But if the Eagles win the division this year (which I predict they will), McCoy will probably be a 95ish.

# 31 gator3guy @ 08/06/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Of course they have. They kid is an absolute beast. I won't dare deny that. And he's only going to get better while guys like Jackson and Turner and Gore will likely only get worse.

The reason I have Gore and McCoy at the same rating is while yes, McCoy put up better numbers than Gore, Gore controlling the ground game in San Francisco was a huge reason for the 49ers success last year. On the other hand, McCoy's incredible success last year didn't exactly translate to wins last year.
And yet MJD is #1.

Call me a homer all you want, Shady is ELITE at this point in time.

# 32 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
And yet MJD is #1.

Call me a homer all you want, Shady is ELITE at this point in time.
Is 95 OVR not Elite? I'd say they did him enough justice.

# 33 m1ke_nyc @ 08/06/12 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopper654
Lol Forte ain't better than Shady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forte is a more complete back so it would make sense that he ends up being rated higher then Mccoy.

# 34 qdog @ 08/06/12 12:33 PM
Quote:
you right i think it should be based on coming off last year performance since the game comes out every year. its too many runningbacks in the 90's and too close togetther, like a poster said above i hope they make the backs feel different from the other when you play with them. i think physics could play a big part in making the backs feel different. Hope so!!

# 35 gator3guy @ 08/06/12 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Is 95 OVR not Elite? I'd say they did him enough justice.
No it is.

It was in reply to the poster who suggested McCoy at 88 with the likes of Gore, Turner, and below Forte.

# 36 qdog @ 08/06/12 12:46 PM
hope demo be out next week

# 37 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/06/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey sandwich
What can Forte do that Shady can't?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
What can Shady do that Forte can't? They're very similar. I think Forte is a better receiver than Shady though (although they might be the #2 and #3 in the league behind Sproles in that regard).

If I remember right, Forte made up like 60-70% of his team's offense when he was healthy last year. He and Fred Jackson both completely carried their respective teams until they got hurt.

# 38 NikeBlitz @ 08/06/12 12:58 PM
Way too high. Most of them are still young and will progress in Connected Career ... and teams will be filled with high rated players.

# 39 ozzy57 @ 08/06/12 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Homer any....anyway over one point, smh. IMO he is has the breakaway potential and not only is he able to make people miss, he's a bigger back who can also run through some would be tacklers, giving him a slight advantage as a ball-carrier.

LeSean McCoy had a great season, but it was his first one like that, Forte's been consistently good since 2008 at a high level. Therefore he'd get the nod in MY book even if it is just ONE POINT.
He's also been 80% of the bears offense the last 2 seasons

# 40 ozzy57 @ 08/06/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
So at least 10+ RB rated over 90, SMH!

How is it so hard for D.Moore to understand that a 97 rated player is basically a nearly perfect player for that position... those players should be once in a generation.

Can't wait til they reveal the top 10 punters!
Why shouldn't the best elite backs be rated highly again I'll make the case that there is over 100 backs on NFL teams and yet people will still say MJD is too high then you will try to argue that all backs feel the same after arguing that last years ratings meant nothing so if they all feel the same according to people why does it matter that they are rated 97,96 which for over 100 players in the league at this position I still don't believe it to be bad that 10 of them are 90's

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.