Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, we should start seeing some NBA 2K13 Developer Insight videos in the near future.

Quote:
This year, we're introducing Developer Insight VIDEOS. Will allow us to SHOW you the difference between 2K12 and #NBA2K13. Debuting soon!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 kongemeier @ 08/08/12 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
So let me get this straight, you guys were disappointed that Jay Z picked a soundtrack and helped with presentation but are excited because the insights now include videos?

I seriously don't get that...
We're used to this: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...50296628427267

A producer writing a blog on new game play features...

Now we get videos comparing 2K13 to 2K12 so we can see what impact the changes actually have.

I might not be much - but it's plenty to get me excited!

# 82 JerzeyReign @ 08/08/12 07:59 AM
You missed the entire point of my post. The community bashed the JayZ announcement but applaud the new way they will present information -- a way that EA has been doing for a couple years now to keep it real.

My point is the fact that news about the game got boo'd while a new way to present information is applauded.

I just figured it would be the other way around. Silly me...

# 83 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 08:16 AM
well seeing that is 2k i dont seee any big differences. Maybe like chrissmoove pointed out walking the ball up the court. It will be a lot of the same stuff. You will still have to be a rocket scientist to pull of the most simple dribble moves, but let me stop before i get banned for talking negatively about 2k. Even though people do it about live all the time and dont get banned. I play 2k all the time everyday because it has been the only playable basketball game the last few years aside from 2010, but for the most part it never changes. Animations still run the game not control

# 84 Altimus @ 08/08/12 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyspitta
well seeing that is 2k i dont seee any big differences. Maybe like chrissmoove pointed out walking the ball up the court. It will be a lot of the same stuff. You will still have to be a rocket scientist to pull of the most simple dribble moves, but let me stop before i get banned for talking negatively about 2k. Even though people do it about live all the time and dont get banned. I play 2k all the time everyday because it has been the only playable basketball game the last few years aside from 2010, but for the most part it never changes. Animations still run the game not control
Have you played the game? Because it sure seems that way.

# 85 King_B_Mack @ 08/08/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
You missed the entire point of my post. The community bashed the JayZ announcement but applaud the new way they will present information -- a way that EA has been doing for a couple years now to keep it real.

My point is the fact that news about the game got boo'd while a new way to present information is applauded.

Might help that we kinda just got this news out of nowhere with no impossible standard to hold it to because it wasn't hyped up beforehand. As I've said from the start of this thing, the Jay-Z announcement is an awesome announcement and one that should've gotten a better reception than it did and would have if 2K didn't overhype the damn thing and then let the hype train roll out of control by saying nothing about it afterwards. Michael Jordan is arguably the greatest player to ever play basketball who went through pretty much his entire playing career being unavailable to play as in the best basketball games of the 90's and 2000's. Getting him out of nowhere on your cover and having the ability to specifically play through the biggest moments of his career is the biggest announcement your sports video gaming company can make considering he is one of, if not the biggest star in the world still.

You then get the three biggest names in the history of the NBA all on one cover, that is also probably the biggest announcement or at least second biggest announcement your company can make in regards to your basketball game. Honestly there are not a whole lot of options for you to then make the biggest announcement in your basketball franchise or entire company's history at that point. The only two that come close is reacquiring the NFL video game license or throwing your hat back into the NCAA Basketball arena after a five year absence to basically completely dominate video game basketball. That Jay-Z announcement was doomed to fail the moment Argent decided to take focus off of the cover announcement with his statement cause there is NO WAY even to the most hardcore Jay-Z fan like myself, is his involvement a bigger announcement than getting Michael Jordan on your cover along with the ability to play through every big moment of his career, then put him on any team you choose to play through his career in today's NBA with him actually physically aging as you go and even having EVERY pair of Jordan's ever made included (piss poor detailing of the shoe not withstanding lol).

# 86 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Have you played the game? Because it sure seems that way.
nope i haven't played the game but I'm making assumptions based on past NBA 2k's just like people do with Live.

# 87 King_B_Mack @ 08/08/12 09:39 AM
Quote:
nope i haven't played the game but I'm making assumptions based on past NBA 2k's just like people do with Live.
So then you're trolling? Cause there is a significant difference between people holding reservations about Live and voicing it in the Live forum and you rolling over to the 2K forum with a goal to stir something just because of something that happened over there.

EDIT:

By the way, I also find it funny that you're here in the 2K forums to see what happens for yourself and still somehow trying to make it seem like it's nothing but roses and candy over here and saying something negative about 2K will get you banned and yet people can freely diss Live. Personally I think you and those other two over there should be banned simply for these implications that you keep trying to lay on Operation Sports as if the site has some sort of bias to any company out there.

# 88 blues rocker @ 08/08/12 09:41 AM
Quote:

I think the reason people are excited is that these videos will hopefully allow us to see a lot of early footage of the game...because of these insights we will probably get more early gameplay video than ever before - i think this is was people are excited about. the devs can write all they want in a blog, but when you can see the proof in a video, you can really analyze how the game has changed from 2k12, rather than just taking their word for it.

# 89 THE YAMA @ 08/08/12 10:05 AM
This is what I like to hear!

# 90 VDusen04 @ 08/08/12 10:06 AM
Quote:

# 91 TreyIM2 @ 08/08/12 10:17 AM
All I wanna know is if MW was able to get analog dribbling in as an option, this year...and I'd like the over animation and locomotion/momentum to be ironed out to go along with it. Everything else is just icing for me, for the most part

# 92 bigsmallwood @ 08/08/12 10:18 AM
I love they fact that they are going to SHOW us the difference in the games. #can'twait

# 93 Killa KMS @ 08/08/12 10:20 AM

# 94 TreyIM2 @ 08/08/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I love they fact that they are going to SHOW us the difference in the games. #can'twait
Yea, those types are intriguing.to watch

# 95 spankdatazz22 @ 08/08/12 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
I think the reason people are excited is that these videos will hopefully allow us to see a lot of early footage of the game...because of these insights we will probably get more early gameplay video than ever before - i think this is was people are excited about. the devs can write all they want in a blog, but when you can see the proof in a video, you can really analyze how the game has changed from 2k12, rather than just taking their word for it.
There was comparison video last year also though. Czar did a great job imo showing improvements between 2K11 and 2K12. Yet despite the visual evidence, the explanations on how things worked, etc. people chose to play the game [like they play it] and say the game was garbage later down the line.

Last year we had forum members in heated arguments over what gameplay feature was more important since one thing got an insight and another didn't - I'll never forget the "Online Franchise is more important than Offline Franchise" arguments. Or the views that some feature didn't get improved because 2K didn't talk about it pre-release. A lot of times these forums are all about wanting to be kept in some state of perpetual hype.

# 96 Pared @ 08/08/12 11:00 AM
Quote:
You will still have to be a rocket scientist to pull of the most simple dribble moves,
...a rocket scientist? Really?

Guess my cousins who are less than 10 years old are geniuses then.

# 97 23 @ 08/08/12 11:10 AM
Quote:
I dont care what you think about 2k but dont come over here talking out the side of your neck and bringing NBA Live as your reasoning because im banning with no mercy for trolling this year

# 98 Trilluminary @ 08/08/12 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont care what you think about 2k but dont come over here talking out the side of your neck and bringing NBA Live as your reasoning because im banning with no mercy for trolling this year

# 99 SouthBeach @ 08/08/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Nope, not this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASports
...crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Just about sums it up.

# 100 speedy9386 @ 08/08/12 11:50 AM
The real problem I have with this game is the on ball defense it too good by the computer like unrealistically so. It seems like when you have an angle on someone they just slide back into position at an unrealistic speed. I've seen defenders slide so fast that it doesn't match up with their feet so that they're actually gliding.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.