Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 StevoIRE @ 08/19/12 09:14 AM
I like the draft presentation much better compared to years past.

As far as draft logic goes it's impossible to know what is considered a legitmate pick since we have no idea what happened in the season for that Franchise eg Did Dallas rank last in passing offence? Did Dez get a season ending injury? For the Rams did Bradford get injured again?? etc etc. Unless we know what happened during the last season it's impossible to comment.

# 82 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
It is a lot better than Madden 12 but that's not saying a whole lot. I can see Trey Wingo's commentary getting old and recycled by the third year of a "franchise". It is a good step in the right direction but I feel in this day and age it could be so much better than what I see here. There really isn't much difference from years prior, its another boring screen with some added commentary (which sounds forced and isn't very fluid at all). Take a page out of NBA 2k which features a 3D David Stern announcing the draft picks. It was a small addition that immersed you into the game a little bit more. Imagine how much better the experience would be if you had a 3D Goodell walking to the stage of Radio City Music Hall as the fans of Jets and Giants boo him mercifully. Imagine having the top 10 draft picks actually walking to the stage and holding up the jersey of the team that selected them.
I actually think the 3D David Stern and draft for nba 2k is stupid. It looks stupid, feels stupid. I'm glad Madden isn't doing that. Just my .02

# 83 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev
Another vid there by MadScientist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et3j2...eature=g-all-u

I've seen a few of these draft vids there are quite a few questionable picks at the top of each of them.

In this one...
1st: Cowboys - CB
2nd: Bengals - TE
4th: Rams - QB

All 3 of them teams have spent recent high draft picks on the positions they took.
1. Teams pick CB's all the time. The Bengals picked a CB in the 1st round in back to back years if I remember correctly with J.Jo and Hall.
2. Gresham is injury prone and look at how the Patriots do with 2 TE's....pretty successful if you ask me.
3. Bradford is also injury prone and nobody knows if he can be that elite QB. With the new rookie wage scale these types of picks aren't going to be that uncommon.

# 84 StevoIRE @ 08/19/12 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
1. Teams pick CB's all the time. The Bengals picked a CB in the 1st round in back to back years if I remember correctly with J.Jo and Hall.
2. Gresham is injury prone and look at how the Patriots do with 2 TE's....pretty successful if you ask me.
3. Bradford is also injury prone and nobody knows if he can be that elite QB. With the new rookie wage scale these types of picks aren't going to be that uncommon.
Like I said above it's near impossible to judge some of these picks without knowing the season context.

# 85 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
Plus we have no clue what happened in the regular season during each one of these seasons. What if Sam Bradford spent the entire season on the DL? What if Gresham was traded in the offseason? There are a million variables that we dont know about. Look at the real life NFL, if last year at this time someone said the Colts would draft a QB in the first round everyone would have called him crazy.
absolutely. But in this example, even if those things didn't happen those picks can be justified lol

# 86 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 09:39 AM
Quote:
Also true lol. No one knows what Jerry Jones will do come draft day, including Jerry Jones himself and St Louis has a new front office that might want their own QB.
That is true as well. Looks like we're having a mutual admiration party. lol

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 08/19/12 09:48 AM
Looks cool. Much better than what was in previous franchises. I'll look forward to it in Madden '14.

Picks are wonky without context.

# 88 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 09:54 AM
Quote:
One thing has to be improved for me though or it will be a major deal breaker. I used a couple of the the pre made draft classes in Madden 12 and out of the 4 I used 3 of them had more players from FCS schools than from the BCS conferences. By year 5 of my franchise I had 15 players in the NFL from McNeese State and about 30 from Richmond. That and since we cant mess with names I don't want to see Tom Sanchez and Mark Brady in the draft as QB;s.
Would you be ok with a QB who's first name is Pooh?

lol The names seem very unique so I don't think we'll see that problem, but who knows!

# 89 dlk90514 @ 08/19/12 10:17 AM
Maybe this guy was the number one quarterback in a terrible class of quarterbacks. Also who knows maybe some of those teams sniffed "bust"!

# 90 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 10:17 AM
With regards to people complaining about WR/TE sliding QB picks etc, don't forget that teams value different types of players differently to other teams.

Say the Dolphins had a huge need for a pass-catching TE, and the guy they took at #2 was the best best-catching TE they could draft for say 5 rounds (let's say the rest were more of a blocking TE etc), and they had no other glaring needs, and he fit their system perfectly etc, it'd make sense that they take him, no?

And say there were teams that DID need a QB in the first 19 picks. But say they wanted a scrambling QB, or a verticle passing QB, and the QB that went at #20 was a West Coast Offense guy? The CPU wouldn't take him, because he didn't fit their scheme.

There are a LOT more intangibles and factors to think about now, other than whether a team does or doesn't need a player at X position any more. A lot more things factor into a decisions. And it's much, much better this way, in my opinion.

# 91 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
With regards to people complaining about WR/TE sliding QB picks etc, don't forget that teams value different types of players differently to other teams.

Say the Dolphins had a huge need for a pass-catching TE, and the guy they took at #2 was the best best-catching TE they could draft for say 5 rounds (let's say the rest were more of a blocking TE etc), and they had no other glaring needs, and he fit their system perfectly etc, it'd make sense that they take him, no?

And say there were teams that DID need a QB in the first 19 picks. But say they wanted a scrambling QB, or a verticle passing QB, and the QB that went at #20 was a West Coast Offense guy? The CPU wouldn't take him, because he didn't fit their scheme.

There are a LOT more intangibles and factors to think about now, other than whether a team does or doesn't need a player at X position any more. A lot more things factor into a decisions. And it's much, much better this way, in my opinion.
Smart man you are Jim.

# 92 TwoHeadedDog @ 08/19/12 10:22 AM
A 20 year old prospect in a generated draft class. I think that's a first for the Madden franchise. Nice to see.

# 93 splff3000 @ 08/19/12 11:12 AM
Sick video!!!

LMAO at you people complaining about the picks. You have absolutely no idea of the context of this draft. Hell, this could be year 20 of CCM for all you know. You have no idea about anything regarding the season/seasons before this. You people are tripping. One guy said that a WR has only been taken first overall twice in NFL history, yet you people are still saying it's unrealistic. How is it unrealistic and it's happened already?!!! Twice!!!

I have a quick story for yall. In my OF last year, in one draft, we had a WR go #1 overall and in that same draft a TE went 3rd overall. Both were drafted by humans to fill team needs. The WR going #1 overall was kinda controversial to us, not because it was a WR, but because their seemed to be better WR's out there, but no one questioned the TE pick. He was a beast with like 91 spd and good receiving ratings. I think he was like a 86 overall or something when he came out.

That could be the case here. Both of these players could be straight up beasts, but you guys don't know that. You don't know anything. What you guys are doing is akin to judging a talent show by just looking at the contestants and not the acts themselves. Chill out!! This looks awesome. Let's just be happy that it looks like EA did something right for a change.

# 94 drewcudi @ 08/19/12 11:16 AM
I do have a problem with WR and TE going 1-2 especially when they let you know the seventh pick Xavier waters was USCs coach quote unquote "best player I've ever seen"

# 95 btvs @ 08/19/12 11:37 AM
Looks really good.

# 96 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 11:45 AM
Quote:
Didn't realize USC coach was the be all end all for sports knowledge...

By your logic every team in the NFL should fire their entire scouting departments and just go off of what the college coaches tell the media. I am sure there is much less risk that way....
College coaches certainly don't want to influence where their players get drafted....after all, having their players later in the draft is good for them right? Coaches talk up their players all the time - better draft positions equals easier sells to high school players.

# 97 bucknut88 @ 08/19/12 12:04 PM
Quote:
I can remember coaches from the Pac-10 saying Ryan Leaf was the greatest player they have ever seen.....
I was only 10 when he was drafted but if I remember correctly there were NFL teams that had Leaf over Manning. So obviously he was a bust, but not a bust people even saw coming.

I guess thats the definition of a bust though huh? lol

# 98 imskykid @ 08/19/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcudi
I do have a problem with WR and TE going 1-2 especially when they let you know the seventh pick Xavier waters was USCs coach quote unquote "best player I've ever seen"
They said that with the new story lines that they were going to have players hyped as the next big thing come in and be busts while the guys who they say has consistency problems will be a stud. That's why you have to scout players and not draft based on what Mark Schreleth and Skip Bayless tweet. You don't think real NFL GMs use twitter when they put their big boards together do you?

While I'm not going to ignore that there may be some draft logic flaws, this could be the direction the NFL is headed with the new rookie wage scale. You aren't paying $40 mil guaranteed to top picks any more so the more "traditional" top 5 picks may change.

Oh, and I guess those who say they were dumb taking a WR over the hyped QB with the 1st overall pick don't remember how that worked out for Oakland the last time they were faced with that decision IRL.

# 99 authentic @ 08/19/12 12:26 PM
Presentation wise, this is close to top notch. I'm a little nervous about the draft AI however.

# 100 rangerrick012 @ 08/19/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Oh, and I guess those who say they were dumb taking a WR over the hyped QB with the 1st overall pick don't remember how that worked out for Oakland the last time they were faced with that decision IRL.
Oh god, don't remind me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.